“Nice restaurant with ordinary food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Atelier d'Argentine

L'Atelier d'Argentine
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier d'Argentine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Pierre
Description: Rooted in the history and nestled in the urban and regional landscape, genuine Argentinean cuisine is distinct, with a strong flavourful identity - easy to understand and even easier to love. L’Atelier d’Argentine’s menu is honest, focusing on the quality of the core ingredient and a true reflection of contemporary Argentinian food. “With great respect for the produce and its origin - great ingredients turn into great food”.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Nice restaurant with ordinary food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Argentinians are well known for their good meat. Undeniable. However, you can lower the bar among those that are not and still be a King. That's the impression over this restaurant. The environment is nice and I got a decent start with the empanadas. The main dish - "Parrillada para dos" - was a huge disappointment. A dry and ugly bunch of ordinary meat and sausages. However, the worst was the "glass" of wine, which was barely enough to humidify my tongue. In Argentina, or in Brazil, this restaurant will be at bankruptcy in a month.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Montreal, Canada
“Not very argentinian”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

I went for lunch, dreaming of a good steak and chimichurri sauce in beautiful old Montreal, but I was very disappointed. The meat was burned and very hard and the chimichurri well, was not chimichurri. The menu itself was not very varied, but what I disliked the most was the service. I went with a girlfriend and we were talking of this and that and when the waitress came to our table it was obvious that she was eavesdropping to our conversation. definitely not a place to go to have a nice and relaxing lunch.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Bianca B
Jean Bernard F, General Manager at L'Atelier d'Argentine, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Bianca,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience à L'Atelier d'Argentine. We source our meat with the best Montreal distributor and never compromise on quality, and we grill it a la parilla. Our chimichurri recipe is head chef Natalia Machado's own family recipe, and is as Argentinian as Diego Maradona. We make it daily with hand chopped parsley, oinions, red peppers, garlic, chili flakes, dry oregano, red wine vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. This may differ from other authentic chimichurri recipes, but to say that our chimichurri is not chimichurri or not Argentinian is falsehood. Our many returning Argentinian national guests would say the same.

I want to apologize however for the eavesdropping waitress. We respect our guests privacy as an integral part of the experience. She actually only happen to hear your disatisfaction, and took it upon herself to act upon it. I believe she made you discover some very Argentinan complimentary empanadas which you thoroughly enjoyed. Taking guests satisfaction serioulsy is a service priority at L'Atelier d'Argentine, and I am sorry this came accross as eavesdropping. I can assure you L'Atelier d'Argentine is a perfect place for a relaxing Argentinian lunch.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A MUST Try Restaurant while in Montreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was visiting Montreal this weekend and was craving a nice meal with great ambiance. The concierge recommended it and they lived up to the hype. The hostess and the bar tender working on Friday, 23 May were amazing. The service was great and the food, wine and champagne options fantastic! I will definitely be back and totally recommend it to anyone visiting Montreal.

• Visited May 2014
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DNA who ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

I thought it would take a lot to overshadow and make me forget DNA, but that's what Atelier did.
I was served like a king my waiter was very knowledgeable and helpful, he offered me a great recommendation for a cocktail and meal. My meat was flawless and do I need to say more about dulce de leche... A must try and ill go back for sure.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Love the open space and light ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a family brunch in a lovely sunny day, the view on the old port was lovely. All the eggs we tried (revueltos, tocino, Benedict) all well prepared with interesting touches and flavours (the smoked bacon was deadly but to kill for) attentive service and gorgeous decor, makes for a place we will want to visit again in the evening .