“Love the open space and light ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of L'Atelier d'Argentine

L'Atelier d'Argentine
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier d'Argentine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #253 of 5,657 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Pierre
Description: Rooted in the history and nestled in the urban and regional landscape, genuine Argentinean cuisine is distinct, with a strong flavourful identity - easy to understand and even easier to love. L’Atelier d’Argentine’s menu is honest, focusing on the quality of the core ingredient and a true reflection of contemporary Argentinian food. “With great respect for the produce and its origin - great ingredients turn into great food”.
“Love the open space and light ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We had a family brunch in a lovely sunny day, the view on the old port was lovely. All the eggs we tried (revueltos, tocino, Benedict) all well prepared with interesting touches and flavours (the smoked bacon was deadly but to kill for) attentive service and gorgeous decor, makes for a place we will want to visit again in the evening .

“Love this restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I treated my good friend to L'Atelier d'Argentine last night for his birthday. I have been there several times before and always enjoy my food and the service. I felt I should share, once again, my fondness for this great restaurant in Old Montreal. We started with the octopus terrine (light and fresh) and empanadas (which I crave on a fairly regular basis). My friend had steak cooked to his taste and loved every last bite. By the way, do not skip the side of pumpkin and garlic fries. I had the chicken Milanese, not the first time, and it was delicious as usual. I do not often order dessert when eating out but did on this special occasion....poached pears with blue cheese and Flan, they were both fantastic!

See you again soon L'Atelier!

• Visited March 2014
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We went there after listening to a radio statio speaking highly about it. As it was the night after the Valentine's day there was a live tango dance and some live music. We ordered steaks for the main dish. The meat was very good. You have to order the side dish apart (fries, pumpkin, salade...) and that makes the overall a little pricey. For the same price you have more choices of good restos in the same area. The Argentinian wine card is also very pricey starting at about 45 $ for a bottle. The dessert card was very poor, not many choices and some were already not avalable anymore at 8:45 pm.

1 Thank Marjie66
Jean Bernard F, Manager at L'Atelier d'Argentine, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at L'Atelier d'Argentine. We work tirelessly to offer great value for money with both food and beverage, sourcing better products all the time to design our dishes with and coming up with fantastic offers that are hard to match in terms of wine and cocktail. I invite you to try our 5 a 8 during which every wine by the glass and every cocktail from our famed list is retailed at 6$, Monday to Friday from 5 to 8. We also offer every brunch Saturday and Sunday all you can drink mimosas for 26$ and the bloody maria bar all you can drink for 19$. It is safe to say no restaurant can match this.

Jean-Bernard Forgues
“Horrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We went for our anniversary dinner on friday night at 9pm. We chose this resto because a friend spoke so highly about it. The arugula pumpkin salad was tasteless and the pumpkin was hard and under cooked. I had ordered the salmon from "le chop" menu and my boyfriend ordered the flank steak. I had asked for my salmon well cooked. It came raw and the side which was supposed to be a corn salad was a sad excuse for a salad. Overdressed spinach leaves with three corn niblets. Salty and overall bad. My fish after being sent back came and was inedible. The steak was just O.K- We ordered a side of fries which came cold! By the middle of the meal I was so over it- the manager offered us a special dessert or drink which I refused.Once our bill came I was shocked to see my fish since on it. I did not eat it- or anything else on the plate for that matter- I will never step foot even near this restaurant ever again and i have told everyone who asks about my anniversary dinner what a disaster it was.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at L'Atelier d'Argentine. I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience and we let you walk away so unhappy. We take pride in our product and take very seriously your comments. We work every day to better ourselves.
I will be honored to have you and your boyfriend again at the restaurant and personally take care of you.

Natalia Machado
Executive Chef
Montreal, Canada
“Great atmosphere, pricey but highly recommended!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

I ordered the filet (bife de lomo) and it was perfect! I did order the "chop" menu and I found it was not at all a bargain, for a steak at $45 with a side of fries...
Anyways, it was a good experience and service was a delight.