“The place was buzzing”

L'Atelier d'Argentine
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier d'Argentine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: St-Pierre
Description: Rooted in the history and nestled in the urban and regional landscape, genuine Argentinean cuisine is distinct, with a strong flavourful identity - easy to understand and even easier to love. L’Atelier d’Argentine’s menu is honest, focusing on the quality of the core ingredient and a true reflection of contemporary Argentinian food. “With great respect for the produce and its origin - great ingredients turn into great food”.
Montreal
“The place was buzzing”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We ate there to celebrate a retirment and were a large group of 18, with a prix fixe four-course menu.
I had eaten at the same location when it was DNA for lunch.
The place was filling up rapidlay with a crowd of well-dressed urban professionals.
Our waiter had a french (France) accent but was quite polished.
My first course was a romaine salad. the weird thing was that the leaves had not been picked off the stalk, meaning i had to work to eat it. The dressing was excellent.

Second was a cheese melt (there is a fancier word i am sure) with croutons. the cheese was pretty bland like a mozzarrella.

I chose the skirt steak and was glad I did. very flavorful and although a bit tought to cut the meat itself was not tough, and grilled medium rare just as I had ordered it.

Overall I would say this place has a fun vibe and a good place to go as a group esp if you like "assado" - argentinean steak.

• Visited April 2013

Montreal
“This is the reason why I miss Argentina!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Tried this restaurant during the Montreal Highlights Festival in February with some friends and was pleasantly surprised. Natalia Machado is a chef that was, initially, an invited guest for the festival but was hired to be the permanent executive chef. She fell in love without Montreal’s vibrant culture and decided to offer Montrealers a taste of Argentina, and boy! Did she meet expectations!
The evening started on a strange note, they didn’t have the wine I wanted so I went for the Clos de Los Siete (when in doubt, go for the Clos) even if it was highly overpriced. I say strange because a Festival this big, you make sure you have bottles in your inventory. They offered us a glass of bubbly Zuccardi, Vida Organica Chardonnay (the new addition to the Zuccardi family of Mendoza’s biggest and world renowned Winery). The music was a tad bit loud, but the waiter (not hearing our order) asked the DJ to take it down a notch.
Starters:
A quartet of delicious empanadas with hand-carved beef, spring onion, smoked paprika, fontina cheese, caramelized onion, sweet yellow corn, smoked ham, bacon, provolone cheese. Scrumptious.
Terrina de Pulpo: Octopus terrine with chipotle and lime. Very tasty.
Main course was Ojo de Bife, the 16oz Rib-Eye, grilled to perfection, melted like butter in my mouth. Cooked just right. The steak was accompanied by very aromatic criolla and chimichurri sauces. The sad part is the side orders have to be ordered separately and they charge for them. For a 32$ steak you’d expect a little side order to accompany the lonely meat in your plate. I don’t get the part where a side order is 5$, but if you take 2, it’s 8$. Perhaps it’s not clear, but we ended up paying 2 X 5$, so it’s by person?.....needs to be explained better before ordering. Despite this little glitch, the side orders (Purée of Pumpkin with bacon, Potato and Goat cheese gratin were beyond palatable). Eating this dish took me back to Argentina. It was a glimpse into the past and made me miss the country I visited exactly 3 years prior!
I finished with a Pear in a custard sauce with blue cheese clumps. It was out of this world. Yes, the two go VERY well together.
Service was outstanding, attentive, polite and cheerful. I highly recommend L’ Atelier d’Argentine to any food lover, not just the meat eaters!

• Visited February 2013
“Just go!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Argentinian restaurant where I've ever been! Food was amazing! We were a party of 15 people, so not so easy, and the waitress really took care of us one by one! She also suggested a fantastic wine which actually I bought right the day after at the store and the price was almost the same we payed at the restaurant!!!
I'm going back soon....

• Visited March 2013
Toronto
“Very good but with a slight warning”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This restaurant features a beautiful atmosphere which is enhanced by the very attentive service that you get from the staff. The food is fantastic but I recommend that you stay away from a couple of dishes. First lets talk about the good stuff. The appetizers were amazing, you have to try the "Tatin de Tomates"...it is a play on a Caprese salad that is memorably delicious. Our party also had the Empanadas, the Provoleta, and the Chorizo and they were also very tasty...however, the clear winner was the "Tatin the Tomates"...try it, you will not regret it. The mains were great but in my opinion you should avoid the "Entrana", it was tasty but very chewy. I would also avoid the "Tiras de asado". This was disappointing as being from Argentina, this is the traditional "Asado" or BBQ from Argentina. In my opinon, it is way overpriced and the quality of this cut is not good. Not a good representation of what you get in Argentina....HOWEVER, you will really enjoy the Vacio, the Rib Eye, and the Filet....great dishes that you will really enjoy...simply avoid the ones that I mentioned and you will love it. For desserts, you must try the Panqueques...you will get a feel for the Argentine Dulce de Leche at its best. Overall I would definitely go back and I would rank it as one of the best Argentinian restaurants in Canada, it is unfortunate that the Asado is not very good but you will get a tasty for Argentine cuisine and you can save the real Asado experience for when you go to Argentina. Hope this review helps....

• Visited April 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Absolutely delicious”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had an absolutely delicious sirloin steak at l'Atelier Argentine. The waiters were friendly, polite and helpful. The music and ambience were fantastic. I would definitely return!

• Visited March 2013

Been to L'Atelier d'Argentine? Share your experiences!