“Great BBQ and a nice setting finally in Montreal”
Review of Rubs American BBQ

Rubs American BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Rubs American BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #656 of 5,778 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St. Dominique
Transit: Bus and Metro on St. Laurent street.
Description: At RUBS American BBQ we provide the full flavor of the south in Canada. We bring Southern BBQ to the North and specialize in smokey goodness. We are known for our smoked St. Louis ribs, smoked Beef Brisket, and our larger than large smoked Beef Ribs. Our deep fried chicken and waffles is nothing to laugh about either. All our meats are smoked to perfection with Canadian maple wood to give you a perfect meal.
Montreal, Canada
“Great BBQ and a nice setting finally in Montreal”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I just got back from Rubs and I am very pleased to report we have got some great BBQ in Montreal.
Myself and 4 of my friends selected Rubs as the site of our monthly get together for November and we were all very pleased.
I got there early with one other person and was greeted by a very nice hostess who showed us to seats in the bar where we waited for the rest of the group. The hostess, waitress and bus boy all showed a lot of professionalism and a great attitude. Also, they gave us home made chunks of bacon served with a spicy rub as "beer nuts". If all I ate all night was that bacon I would have been happy, it was great.

For the main course we ordered the $73 platter which includes chicken, Louisiana ribs, pulled pork and brisket. We also ordered a plate of beef ribs as extra (we were 5 hungry guys). The food was excellent, not one dish was poor. And the quantity was great. As I said we were 5 men and we really did not need the extra plate of beef ribs (but we ate everything anyway :))

I personally did not eat much of the sides as I was concentrating on the meat but what I did taste (beans and Mac n cheese) was very good.

One letdown is the lack of corn bread. I love corn bread and consider it a must have with BBQ, they did not offer iron the menu.

Finally, for desert I had chocolate covered bacon, sounds odd but was great.

I will definitely return for many visits for great food and great service.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Matt F

Montreal
“Love it”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Montreal is full of places struggling to be just so tres chic but casual places where you have a great meal and nice beer in a great ambience are hard to find. I went to Le Fumoir for lunch and immediately fell in love with the place - service was outstanding and the food was fabulous. I had the beef ribs, my pal had the smoked brisket and we both had smoked vegetables and coleslaw for sides - we were both very very happy. Service was friendly and quick - can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2012
Lubbock, Texas
“Wow, great ribs Texas Style in Montreal!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My daughter said we should go check out this bbq place called Rubs. She knows when we travel we don't usually go looking for Mexican food or bbq since we get it all the time back home. So we went. The owner is really nice. His wife is Texan. I got the ribs and they were smoked, tender and perfect. The hot bbq sauce is really hot, so don't get it and then realize you made a mistake. The smoked mac and cheese was amazing too. The fries looked good that my wife had. We call them dos ritas back home, they call them bulldog margaritas here at Rubs - beer tipped up into a margarita.

my wife and wished we would have split a rack of ribs and two mac and cheese the portions are so large. we warned you.

• Visited October 2012
6 Thank discip1e
Montreal, Canada
“I am a fan of smoking food, the smell alone is a enough to make you say mmm.”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Le Fumoir is a cute spot that has the rustic feel of a good Barbecue. Cozy booths, wooden tables and big mugs of beer set the stage for a hardy meal. I ordered the special, Smoked brisket tacos and for my 2 sides, smoked vegetables and sweet potato fries. The portions are huge! I can easily say, the smoked vegetables were the best I have ever eaten, big chunks and really smokey, Yum! The sweet potatoes were very tasty as well. My tacos, on the other hand, were a tad dry although still flavourful. The accompanying guacamole is worth mentioning, it was spicy and delicious. I think I simply made the wrong choice when ordering and should have had the ribs. The rest of the meal was so good that I am willing to give the place another chance.....that usually doesn't happen. 3 1/2 mmm's out of 5

• Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Nice barbecue (American style) restaurant”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed this restaurant, though they warned us that we would need to be out by a certain hour because the table was reserved. The barbecue was quite nice. The amount of food served was enormous and everyone left with a doggy bag.

• Visited September 2012