“Wow, great ribs Texas Style in Montreal!!!”
Review of Rubs American BBQ

Rubs American BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Rubs American BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #822 of 5,993 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Cross street: St. Dominique
Transit: Bus and Metro on St. Laurent street.
Description: At RUBS American BBQ we provide the full flavor of the south in Canada. We bring Southern BBQ to the North and specialize in smokey goodness. We are known for our smoked St. Louis ribs, smoked Beef Brisket, and our larger than large smoked Beef Ribs. Our deep fried chicken and waffles is nothing to laugh about either. All our meats are smoked to perfection with Canadian maple wood to give you a perfect meal.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My daughter said we should go check out this bbq place called Rubs. She knows when we travel we don't usually go looking for Mexican food or bbq since we get it all the time back home. So we went. The owner is really nice. His wife is Texan. I got the ribs and they were smoked, tender and perfect. The hot bbq sauce is really hot, so don't get it and then realize you made a mistake. The smoked mac and cheese was amazing too. The fries looked good that my wife had. We call them dos ritas back home, they call them bulldog margaritas here at Rubs - beer tipped up into a margarita.

my wife and wished we would have split a rack of ribs and two mac and cheese the portions are so large. we warned you.

6  Thank discip1e

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Le Fumoir is a cute spot that has the rustic feel of a good Barbecue. Cozy booths, wooden tables and big mugs of beer set the stage for a hardy meal. I ordered the special, Smoked brisket tacos and for my 2 sides, smoked vegetables and sweet potato fries. The portions are huge! I can easily say, the smoked vegetables were the best I have ever eaten, big chunks and really smokey, Yum! The sweet potatoes were very tasty as well. My tacos, on the other hand, were a tad dry although still flavourful. The accompanying guacamole is worth mentioning, it was spicy and delicious. I think I simply made the wrong choice when ordering and should have had the ribs. The rest of the meal was so good that I am willing to give the place another chance.....that usually doesn't happen. 3 1/2 mmm's out of 5

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Enjoyed this restaurant, though they warned us that we would need to be out by a certain hour because the table was reserved. The barbecue was quite nice. The amount of food served was enormous and everyone left with a doggy bag.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Trying to decide where to go for dinner with some friends. They suggested trying RUBS SMOKEHOUSE
my response was WHAT? never heard of it. my next response was OK why not more than willing to try a new restaurant.
Glad we did the food was GREAT service was great.
My only complaint had nothing to do with the restaurant it had to do with the parking in the area.

Get there early so that you can find parking

we where there September 29 2012

2  Thank Kosta M
Reviewed September 15, 2012

The brisket was out of this world cooked perfectly with a red ring just like down south . Also had there deep fried Mac and cheese WOW!! What a twist to Mac and cheese . Friendly service and the owner Mike was awesome . Great urbin western feel the resto LOVED IT !!!

1  Thank Hick12hick