“amazing experience ”

Ranked #229 of 5,976 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Description: Welcome to Ristorante Corneli, the restaurant that celebrates the flavors of Italy. Since 1960, we welcome you with open arms to share a meal with family, friends or for a romantic rendez-vous. Our table will satisfy the most discerning palates and our warm welcome will put your heart in celebration. With us, la viva a bella!
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

visited this restaurant on Grand Prix weekend and had a lovely experience. very good service, affordable prices and quality food. had red sangria, calamari, mussels and 2 pizzas, shared amongst 3 people and it was delicious. highly recommended ! would go again next time visiting Little Italy.

3  Thank Cassandra S

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Being Italian myself, I think I'm most critical when it comes to eating at Italian restaurants. BUT I have yet to complain about the food at Corneli. It's always delicious. For those that have something negative to say must not know what true Italian home cooked meals are like. From their perfectly cooked pizza to their mouth watering mussels marinara, everything is tasty. Some restaurants may have one dish I consider as a safe bet but at Corneli.......at any given day I feel safe knowing I can order any dish and it will be amazing.
I would also like to add another point about this restaurant ......the wonderful staff and owners. You see I have a special needs child and that means going out to eat is not always easy because you just never know how the child will behave, but at Corneli they go above and beyond to make their customers feel like at home. What owner do you know will say ok to a child asking if they can get closer to the pizza man to see him make the pizza just the way the child asked for it? Well that's just part of what makes Corneli my go to place, so don't sweat the small stuff when in the end Corneli is the kind of restaurant you can count on for great food every time. So for those who criticize, maybe you just don't know something good not even if it hit you in the face! I will return and keep on trusting Corneli !!

3  Thank elisa-luv2vacation
Reviewed April 20, 2014

WE just got back from a visit to Montreal. We chose to dine in little Italy one night. After "window shopping" a dozen or so restaurants on our walk up and down several streets we settled in on Corneli Pizzeria. The night started out good with a nice table and an attentive server. The foccacia bread was a hit with us. We both thought it was good. WE ordered the meatball appetizer and again we were impressed. The meatball was delicious and so was the sauce. This is where the good ended. I ordered the mixed seafood and pasta in red sauce and my wife ordered stuffed fresh pasted with ricotta and spinach. My seafood consisted of 2 shrimp a few scallops, some calamari and minced clams in the sauce. I purposely asked to exclude the mussels because I do not care for them. It seemed to me they just eliminated the mussels and did not replace them with more of the other seafood items The shrimp were cooked properly and tasted fresh even though the sauce with its minced clams was....... not good.The scallops were pale white as if they were boiled and OVER done. Same for the calamari. Tough, rubbery and overcooked. The pasta was grainy or gritty. I ate only 1/4 of it and could not eat anymore. My wife's dish was equally disappointing. The fresh pasta was good but the filling didn't have much spinach & the ricotta was soft & mushy. The red sauce was overcooked it was almost brown. What started out good quickly turned to bad. Our main courses were so bad we are forced to give this restaurant a poor rating. $100 down the drain. We would not recommend Corneli based on our experience

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Great food. Wife had fish of the day and is still talking about it. Service is outstanding. Stopped by on random walk for a luncheon pit stop and had Menu du Jour with a glass of wine: total $80 with tip. Would return. Chatted with a local who eats at all close-by restaurants and prefers this place at noon and goes across the street for evening. We were personally delighted with the experience at Corneli. I would suggest serving wine by half litre, which they don't have. Would also like more choices of wine in the $20 to $30 bracket.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Found this place by accident, first time in Montreal. Close to the Metro on the blue line - station De Castelnau. Excellent meal - We ordered the Linguini Pescatore and a Margarita pizza, everything about this meal was amazing. Nothing was bland, the sauce was very tasty. Didn't want the meal to end! Averaged priced and great ambiance. Our waitress was very polite and professional which I really liked. This will definitely be on our lists of places to come when we visit again!!

2  Thank Stephanie8483