“Beats a buffet”

Description: It's a new branch of Kanda Sushi here in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“Beats a buffet”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A buffet with service. Nice concept. Good mix of sushi and other oriental dishes. The beef short ribs are excellent.

• Visited May 2014

“My favorite all you can eat sushi”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My Favorite all you can eat sushi restaurant. I love the variety and the taste of the food in this restaurant. For the price you can't go wrong. It's a great place to go in a group. We have been with sushi eaters and non-sushi eaters alike....there is something for everyone.

It's definitely not a high end a la carte establishment but in the world of all you can eat sushi it is top of my list. The fact that it's byow is a bonus!

• Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Poor service and lack of professionalism!!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I went with my 2 girlfriends and my son 1.5 yrs old and 4 y.o on a Friday evening. At first the waitress asked how old my daughter was and the reason was because they needed to charge if she was going to eat. Let me clear this up, I took both my kids to McDonald's across the street so they can eat and not have to bother with the food here and I said she wouldn't be eating much. Food comes out and, honestly guys, how much can a 4 y.o eat after a happy meal at McD's?? She had a few bites of the sushi, eggs, and tempura shrimp. When we had asked for our bill, she gave me a bill with a charge for myself $28 or so and a charge for my 4 y.o $15!!! I said politely, why are you charging her when she had a few bites, the waitress then asked my waiter to come by and he reversed the question and said "Did she eat?" I replied she had a few bites, he then replied, if she eats you pay... SERIOUSLY?!!! This sent me through the roof. I explained to him, did he really see her eat a full meal? she basically tasted the food. I know you must be saying, why didn't I speak with the manager right? Well, he wasn't any better. My son did #2 in his diaper, went to the bathrooms downstairs, only to find there were no baby change tables, just great. I asked him for a secluded place i can change his diapers to NOT DISTURB THE CUSTOMERS in case it was really smelly, the man tells me to change right on the table right next to the bathroom, ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!! with your customers eating just 5 steps away and walking to and from the bathroom... I will NEVER come back, given the service was so-so, food ok, lots of time food came out warm nearly cold - Salad was all withered and dried up. HIGHLY NOT RECOMMENDED!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Oggie16
Ottawa, Canada
“OK for the money, but not great”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

It's a fixed price, which means you can eat a lot for your money if you time it right (prices go up for dinner and weekends). There's decent variety, but the food is good, not great. The sushi is better than some in the city, but by no means in the top quarter, which is disappointing. The staff tends to be efficient, but sometimes not so helpful. For a quick lunch, it's worth the visit, but dinner gets more expensive and hard to justify, considering the quality.

• Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great all-you-can-eat, sushi place”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

For about $25/person you can get a very good selection of decent sushi dinner, as much as you can eat. The place is quite busy and fish is fresh.

Visited September 2013