“Fantastic dinning experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Ville-Marie
Description: explore our extensive culinary master piece of a menu at Maison Boulud. Located inside the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a weekend brunch.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited Maison Boulud at Ritz Carlton hotel on Sherbrooke in June 2019 for a business dinner. This hotel was renovated a few years ago, and now it looks really posh. We used Opentable app to make a reservation, but did not realize the restaurant won't be open until 6 PM. So we spent a bit of time at the bar, which is not bad. Even at the bar, price is on high end. Each drink costs CAN$20+. So be prepared to spend some $$$$. At the restaurant, if all party agreed, we could have tried the discovery menu. But we ended up trying several dishes and share instead. Still very nice dinning experience. Food, service, atmosphere -- all outstanding. The Portuguese red wine the server recommended was great also. We ended up spending over four hours for drink/dinner. It was a memorable evening.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The chef spent some time in Asia, hence the reason for mentioning the creative touch. Anything you eat is pretty much spectacular. The ambiance is unique with very good service willing to help you decide. If anything I found it somewhat expensive, reason why I didn't rate it as excellent

Reviewed June 7, 2019

Maison Boulud was culinary dining experience. Yes it’s expensive and a bit overpriced however it’s an amazing memorable experience. We were given a table outside in the back near the beautiful garden; breathtaking, pleasant. They started us with a taste of arancini with blue cheese just lovely. I had the crab to start and my friend had the foie gras. For the main dish I had the sea bass with salad and my friend had the decadent lobster gnocchi. For dessert it was the chocolate fondant which was the best I have ever tasted by the chef Claude Guerin who a prize for best pastry chef. This restaurant is located in the hotel Ritz Carlton in Montreal and is a very fine dining experience. They also serve a Cosmopolitan that is original with a big round ice cube that has an orchid flower inside, a beautiful presentation. My overall experience was fabulous and I think I will go back next year for the Formula One Weekend Events.

28  Thank NancyLope
Reviewed June 5, 2019 via mobile

We had a delectable dinner with the 8-course sampling menu which was out of this world! Chef Riccardo curated and executed every dish with great excellence. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2019

I was looking forward to our dinner as I have eaten at Daniel Boulud's restaurants in NYC and they were very memorable. We arrived at 9pm well dressed for a nice dinner at Maison Boulud. Unfortunately, this was not the case. When we arrived they tried to sit us next to the kitchen and server workstation. We asked if there were any other tables as there were many open. They scrambled and were very unorganized for a simple request. It was strange as they did not seat any new diners in the entire restaurant after we were seated. They eventually sat us at a nice table. We were informed that they were out of three of the entree selections which is surprising for a Saturday night. While our waitress was new no one was shadowing her and watching to ensure she was learning. She could not describe the food on the menu very well, she brought the wrong wine that I ordered and brought a different entree that was ordered. I had to sit there while they tried to correct the situation and cook the correct meal. The food if good but not amazing and the prices are double what they should be. There are so many great restaurants in Montreal this one appears to be relying on a celebrity chef's name rather than great food or service.

Date of visit: May 2019