“Great dumplings!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We found this place by accident while wandering round the plateau one afternoon and decided to give it a go. The four of us had super fresh, fragrant and delicious dumplings, wonton soup, and iced ginger green tea. $60 for everything. The owner lived in China for 25 years where he met his wife and learned everything there is to know about Chinese dumplings, before selling his business and returning to his home town of Montreal and set up this authentic dumpling traiteur.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I can't believe there are ANY good reviews.
Yes, the dumplings are fresh and tasty. Yes, the place is cute, clean, interestingly decorated and looks like the kind of place I would love to bring a group to.
None of this makes up for how overpriced the food is. Expensive, with tiny portions. Why not go to China town? Hubby and I couldn't accept spending $35 and still being ravenous afterwards. In China town, we'd be rolling out of our usual dumplings joint with our pants unbuttoned after spending that amount
And I can't believe only one person here has touched on the fact that the owner is rude. He is rude and sarcastic and is the type of owner who acts like HE'S doing YOU a favor. My parents have run a deli for 37 years and treat their customers like gold, so I really have no tolerance for proprietors who are not OVERJOYED at my business.
Even if they were the best dumplings I ever ate (perhaps they come close), I would not go back. If you're going to rip me off, at least rip me off with a smile.

3  Thank Foodie_Mouse
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It is the best and coolest place to eat artisanal dumplings in Canada.The place is super clean and simple bohos chic,good music coming out of Chinese armoire old Italian movie posters ,funky table wear from China and the very best selection of tea to match the wontohn and dumplings ,i'm nuts about this place ,ou'll find some of the most famous famous people going to pick up take out ..Ireally love it there ,the dumplings are just amazing..

1  Thank Fooddies
Reviewed January 13, 2013

WOW! Never thought I could have such intense dumpling cravings! But since trying Chinoiseries & Dumplings food, if I don't go once a week I start suffering from dumpling withdrawal! Even my 2 year loves their dumplings!
Try the mini dumplings with peanut sauce, won ton and tea as well. One of my favorite discoveries of 2012! Thanks to the lovely couple who own and operate this hidden gem!
Great food, great service, very homey vibe. Not cheap, but worth every penny. Can't wait till my next fix :-)

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The woman is very friendly and sweet, but I will never step foot in that establishment because the gentleman is rude. He needs to learn how to treat customers well. Until he can greet with a smile and treat customers as they should be treated I refuse to ever come back.

3  Thank Li N