“OMG that was good!”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Delivery
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed September 16, 2012

First visit to this very tiny joint (7 seats at a window-facing countertop) near the italian park in petite italie.
The style is that of a 50's diner, with the waitresses dresses in period attire. The whole point is to grab your picnic basket and head out to the park to savour the dishes prepared there.

As this was my first time, I wanted to sample the fried chicken I had read about in a few reviews. Probably the best fried chicken I've ever had! Crunchy yet light crust, amazing spice blend and awesome bbq sauces available to add on to the spiciness.
Couple that with a nice lemonade and finish with a warm chocolate brioche... It was heaven!

I would recomment this restaurant where the service is friendly and the food is amazing.

2  Thank Fblondin

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Today my husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch prepared by Dinette Triple Crown. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, greens, coleslaw, biscuit and cornbread, accompanied by house made pickles and sauces--all of it was remarkably good, seasoned to perfection. Because the restaurant is small, patrons have the option of taking a picnic basket to the park across the street. It is packed with real dishes and cutlery and a table cloth to spread on a park picnic table. The fare is definitely picnic food, but a cut above, so this was a delightful way to enjoy the food prepared by Dinette Triple Crown. In cold weather, I'm sure the restaurant will do a brisk take-out business, but there are also plans to enlarge the dining area beyond its current lunch counter size. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank BCJenny
Reviewed August 31, 2012

First the food: it was delicious - had brisket with hush puppies, collards, pickled okra and coleslaw. All very well done. The bourbon-pecan pie was decent, but it could have been richer; the filling-to-crust ratio was just a bit off.

This hole-in-the-wall diner has enough charm to overcome what could be issues to some:
- no liquor license, which is a real shame. bbq needs beer.
- very limited indoor seating; about 8 spots at a bar. They do offer picnic baskets for those wishing to eat in the park across the street. This is an awesome idea that most patrons were taking advantage of.

Check it out!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went here with some friends and family on my fiance's birthday, right before we had to catch a plane across the country. I was a bit hesitant because it was out of the way for us (we were coming from the West Island) but he had heard of this place and really wanted to go.

When we got there, I noticed it was kind of small... and we were meeting quite a few people there. But when they handed us all our food in a giant picnic basket, that's when I got excited. We went right across the street to the park, where there was picnic tables. When we opened up the picnic basket, not only was there ridiculously good tasting food, but a full set of real dishes, cutlery, and a table cloth for the picnic table! It's such a unique and wonderful idea. I love this place.

Now for the food.... so delicious!!! So so good!!!! The pulled pork.. so juicy... so good. The fried chicken - best in Montreal!! The collard greens... i never likes collard green before but these ones made my mouth water... coleslaw.... just perfect. And the pie... oh the pie...

If you get a chance to go eat here, don't pass it up. You won't regret it. I can't wait for the next time I am in Montreal so I can go back! It will become a new family and friends tradition!!

3  Thank cmwpm
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I ate lunch at this restaurant, and it was delicious. Fried chicken, corn bread, sweet potatoes... mmmm. My friend and I even got to take it in a picnic basket to the park across the street. I'd recommend getting some pie, too. The crust was scrumptious - best pie crust I've ever eaten, for sure. Homemade lemonade was also very good. Portion sizes are generous (I ate almost all of it), and the price was very reasonable. Too bad I'm leaving Montreal soon - I think this establishment would become one of my staples.

2  Thank tnosnibor