“Tasty and friendly restaurant”
Review of Salumi Vino

Salumi Vino
Ranked #55 of 5,944 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: Salumi Vino located in the heart of Old Montreal and within walking distance from most major hotels in the city. With the capacity to sit roughly 50 people plus room for 20 in its private hall, Salumi Vino is perfect for any occasion, whether it be a romantic first date, a family style meal, your corporate party or just a few drinks with close friends, Salumi Vino is the place to be. Salumi Vino offers dishes that are based on Authentic Italian recipes handed down from generation to generation. Our wine bar is open 6 days a week until midnight, serving Salumi until closing. Please stop by and experience Salumi Vino for yourself.
Reviewed April 9, 2014

At first, at my father's birthday, we stop there for a drink. It was one of the first week they had open. The drink was really good and we spoke with the barman and the cook until we left. They were really charming .

The summer after, my parents took me there for my birthday. The two guys just recognize us when we walked in and the barman ask my dad if he wanted the same thing as the last time. The service was really quick even if the restaurant was full. We took an entree for three of home delicatessen. It was really tasty and vary.

My drink and my supper were really good and it worth the price.

At the Dolci, I wasn't sure what to take and when the server learned that it was my birthday, he told me to wait. He brought me a big brownie with a chocolat fondant cake. It was so good.

Maybe you find that it is a little bit expensive, but it really worth the price. I'll return there at any time

1  Thank AB5393

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a great dinner in the Salumi Vino in Old Montreal - would never have stopped and eaten here but due to purchasing a Travelzoo voucher in advance of my trip we enjoyed a good bottle of Chianti and a charcuterie plate - followed this with a entrees of lamb and beef - yummy!

Would definitely go back but have to advise they are only open for dinners - no lunches which would have been even better. Also unfortunately they are not open on Sundays!!!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I was visiting Montreal for the first time with 3 other ladies for a special birthday. My friend, Polly, who has a very discerning eye for good "endroites a manger" honed right into this place. The first night we had cocktails, wine and appetizers at the bar... Jose was a wonderful and welcoming bartender who dealt well with 4 cackling ladies. Then our host/owner, Mario, welcomed us and spent most of the next few hours talking with us and giving us the lay of the land! We LOVED the cocktails and appetizers so much that.... yes, we came back again the next night to see if the magic was authentic.... and .... yes, the same great personal experience with delicious Italian food and custom cocktails.
I love sincere people and authentic food and Salumi Vino captures it all!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is the second time that we had diner at SV. The food is always amazing, and the menu changes very often. This time we had the black gnocchis with sea food, the dish was outstanding!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

A nice cozy restaurant with a great ambiance and great food. If you are a group or even just a couple i suggest you try many menu items and share amongst yourselves. Everything is good even a great wine selection!