“great hangout”

Benelux
Ranked #372 of 5,710 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Winnipeg, Canada
“great hangout”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I visited Benelux this past weekend and found it to be a great place to unwind. I tried several Beers and was quite impressed with the quality and flavour. i also had a panini sandwich that was prepared quite nice. The service was great even though they were under staffed. Great corner bar !!! I wish it was in my city I would be there all the time.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank 454wpg

• Korean first
New Haven, Connecticut
“Good Beer but Terribly Understaffed”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went to Benelux to try their beer and have some dinner as it is close to McGill University. Benelux is a cavernous place with a cold, industrial feel to it. When we got there on Sunday afternoon, it was also packed. There was around 100 people in there, and only ONE waitress serving all of them. We sat at the bar with the expectation that we'd be able to get served faster, but then waited for about 20 minutes for the bartender to arrive. That's when we discovered the waitress was also the bartender. Aside from a solitary cook who popped his head out of the back, there was nobody else working the entire place. The waitress/barmaid was pleasant and surprisingly unfrustrated by situation. We ordered multiple beers to taste on the assumption she'd never get back to us, and the beer was quite nice. We decided, however, that ordering food was not a good idea, because there was no telling when we'd get it. Overall, the beer was good, but the decor was quite uninviting, the place was understaffed, and the food was therefore unrealizable. We won't likely return.

Visited April 2014
Montreal, Canada
“No so great beers”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I had tasted the Benelux beers at various beer festival without being impressed ( at all) so I finally decided to go check out where they started. Had 6 samples of beers and not 1 floated my boat...I frequent festivals and when I travel go to microbreweries wherever I can find them and this one was disappointing.There are MANY more better brewers in Montreal and this final tasting of Benelux beers just confirmed what my taste buds told me originally: I don't like their beer.

• Visited March 2014
Montreal, Canada
“Very popular!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Went to Benelux - Wellington st. location - with a few friends. Had the Gordon (dark english ale) - very nice - while others had the Gertrude (pilsener) - it was so-so. The place is quite popular and busy - especially when Montreal Canadiens are playing; they have a huge flat screen TV above the entrance. Service was quite slow and the staff was very apologetic about it. Would definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great beer flights, good service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The location is right in the mix of downtown near McGIll and their patio is a good size. Service was great, beer selection was well covered with two flights (a bargain at $10 each) so you can sample their wares!

Visited August 2013