“Wonderful B&B”
Review of Gite Ocoin B&B

Gite Ocoin B&B
Ranked #12 of 146 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This place was a blast, primarily due to the owner/manager, Jean-Rene. What a character! A wonderful, welcoming hospitable person, full of great (and VERY humorous) stories. The breakfast was very good, and he helped us a lot with itinerary selections, etc. Easy (free) parking, access to metro and restaurants very convenient. One tiny draw-back: rooms are small and one shares a bath. That said, rooms are VERY pretty, and bathrooms VERY clean and well-appointed.

Room Tip: We took a room with toilet and sink, sharing the shower in the hallway bathroom. Were very satisfied...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2013

If I ever go to Montreal again, I will stay here again :-)
The host is extremely nice, friendly, helpful guy who just seems to love keeping an B&B and meeting people.
B&B is located couple of blocks away from a metro station (Frontenac?) and there is possible to park your car for free on the street. There are four rooms in the B&B and at least ours was very comfortable. Bed was huge and even though we shared our shower/bath room with one other room, it did not trouble us.
Breakfast was very good and if you give Rene a heads up beforehand, he will cater to your allergies as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed at his B&B for two nights and enjoyed it very much! I could recommend this place to everyone who visits Montreal. The host is very very very friendly, full of stories and never short of good advice on where to go and what places to visit. The room wasn't big, but had everything we needed. Breakfast was delicious. The location is close to a Metro station and it was easy to get around the city from the B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I'd recommend Rene's place to anyone. I enjoyed the character of the place and huge breakfast prepared by Rene (giant pancakes!). Our bedroom was nicely decorated and came with all amenities. Most of all I found the host to be a great guy who clearly loves his role.

It's located around the corner from a Metro stop, and you can easily walk to the port and old town. There are bus lines very close by too.

Definitely recommended for those who appreciate B&Bs over hotels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Rene (the host) is very friendly. He made awesome blueberry pancake for the breakfast. The room is confortable and clean. It is located in a quiet and peaceful neighbourhood and close to old Montreal. I will for sure return to this b&b next time.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hg4ever
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed at Jean-René's place for 4 nights at the end of march 2013 and I felt like I was at home. Jean-René is such a nice guy! He gave me advises about things to do in Montreal. The breakfast was just delicious; you have to try the pancake au bleuet!! I had the private room with private bathroom; the room was very clean, a little bit small but it is decorated with taste like the entire house. The location is very close to the metro.
Jean-René really helped me for my other trip. I will definitely stay there whenever I go back to Montreal!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had such a lovely time at this B & B. The host, René, is so down-to-earth, kind, and welcoming. I have never felt so at home apart from when I have stayed with family! The decor of the B & B is stylish yet warm. Our room was small but quaint and smartly designed with a lot of attention to detail. The breakfast was filling. There was a choice of pastries, toast, yogurt, and fruits plus a hot entrée prepared by René. We had blueberry pancakes one morning and a cheese omelette the other. Both were very tasty and filling. My husband and I have already decided that this is the place that we would like to stay on our subsequent visits to Montreal. The location is extremely convenient. Less than a 5 min walk to the Metro (Frontenac station), near a wonderful Polish patisserie, and also near a convenience store. And parking and wifi are free! What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple