“Great location, comfortable room, awesome breakfast,”

Hotel Champ-de-Mars
Ranked #139 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Location is great, only few minutes by walk to the heart of old Montreal. There is no parking lot but there is one public parking one block nearby. Rooms are clean and service is OK. Breakfast is awesome. All staffs are friendly. A kind of European style that I love it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jef S

Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is probably our 12th stay at Champ-de-Mars over the past 6 years. It is a charming hotel in a great location on the edge of the Old Port section of the city. The rooms are very basic, but always clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff is courteous and friendly and the food in their little restaurant is home cooked and delicious. The hotel has a homey European feel to it and we gladly trade the luxuries and amenities of a high end, high priced hotels for basic comfort and fair room rates, hence our many return visits. We own and operate a boutique hotel and restaurant in New York State and consider Champ-de-Mars our vacation home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Frank G
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I travel requently and have dealt with all types of places. Never have I felt robbed, which is how I feel. I called, they quoted me a rate, took my information and charged me well over what was quoted. Never sent a receipt or told me the full amount. I called three hours later after checking my bank and tried to cancel. No refunds. My date of arrival is 2 weeks out. The receptionist says no manager is there, email them. They won't talk to you and they berate you on the phone.

Room Tip: Try any other hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Rennie D
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't see our room in any of the shown pictures. It was a cell, only a foot larger than the bed. The closet was a couple of hooks on the wall. The air, what air? It was controlled by the management and was not adequate. The staff, except for the manager, was not friendly. The room was clean and the breakfast was fair. Would we stay here again? No way.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck with 109.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MaAndPaGoOnHoliday
Reviewed September 9, 2012

old montreal is full of history and so is this hotel..This hotel is not meant for you high maintenance traveller...The hotel had a homey feeling. Staff very pleasant and helpful. Conveniently located, would stay again...

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hebs_11_12
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I went to Montreal in July for our 2 year anniversary (yay =D) and we wanted to stay somewhere in Old Montreal because that's where we first met. The hotel rooms were cozy and clean. The staff was really nice to us, they were prompt and helpful. We weren't looking for anything crazy fancy, we just wanted somewhere that was cozy, clean, comfortable, had everything we needed, and in a great location. This fit our expectations perfectly!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hilda M
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are a group of 4 people, we came to montreal and stayed over the holidays. The hotel is a 2 star hotel, pleasant staff, small rooms, very good location, Some people here said they paid 200 dollars, the room was 98 dollars for 2 people and it was a busy holiday and high season ! we couldn't find a cheaper available hotel. It's a decent hotel and you get what you pay for

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dinne Y
Travelers also viewed these Montreal hotels
Quartier des Spectacles
Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Le Roberval
Le Roberval
#81 of 165 in Montreal
Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Hotel Dorion
Hotel Dorion
#143 of 165 in Montreal
Olympic Park & Hochelaga-Maisonneuve (HoMa)
Hotel de Paris
Hotel de Paris
#78 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Hotel Champ-de-Mars? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Champ-de-Mars

Address: 756 Berri | Vieux-Montreal, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 3E6, Canada
Location: Canada > Quebec > Montreal > Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal) , Ville-Marie
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant
Ranked #139 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Price Range: $47 - $165 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Hotel Champ-de-Mars 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Champ-de-Mars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.