“Old with shared bathroom, but clean and wonderful staff.”

Auberge Manoir Ville-Marie
Ranked #50 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It wasn't easy to find a place in Montreal. I did a lot of research as I wanted to be near downtown but to have an affordable option. I have to be honest, I thought that this place was going to be worse. Tommy, the guy in reception was very patient with my french (one of the reason on going in a flash visit to Montreal was this) and was extra nice on showing the way to move around the city in public transportation which was not too far away. The neigborhood was quiet and apparently safe.

Beds were good, batshroom and showers too. I'm not crazy on sharing, but it sures lowers the price a lot.

Very good breakfast, lots of options and no limit to eat as you like. Also excellent coffee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Sebastian G

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Montreal is the kind of city where you can scarcely find a decent hotel for under $150. I've tried out a lot of hotels. This hotel was my most recent attempt, where i paid $90/night. The staff is very friendly and helpful. However, it took me more than 20 minutes of waiting just to check in, which was very annoying. The room was quirky but large and comfortable. I slept well here. The hotel is located east of the downtown on a street that is used by prostitutes during the daytime hours. If you have a car (as i did), the hotel is less than a 10-minute drive to the downtown, which is quite convenient. Unfortunately, there is no place to buy food anywhere near here (either restaurant or convenience store). The complementary breakfast consists of breads and cereals, and is ok. There are no telephones in the rooms, which seems crazy for a place that charges $90. The internet is dreadful. It didn't work during most of my 3 days, and when it did work, it only worked in spurts of a few minutes at a time. Without phone and internet, i felt totally cut off from the world at this place. Finally, the reception is closed after hours, which strikes me as a security risk. In a city that has few good hotels under $150, this place is probably an acceptable option. But if you need good WiFi during your stay, you won't find it here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank ArtsTravelerer
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here with my friends for a weekend this summer and I had a blast. For the cheap price, the service and hotel is great. The staff is so helpful, and Shahrzad really took the time to give me great local places to go. They were super accommodating and even upgraded our room. My friends and I had a great time in Montreal which is so beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Fara S
Reviewed August 13, 2012

It was our first time in Montreal. We were there for just 3 days. But, thanks to all the help the staff gave us, none of our time there was wasted. The hotel is a few miles from the Old Town, but just a block from the nearest Bixi Bike Station. What a great way to get around the city. It made the hotel's location within reach of the museums, old town, and olympic park. There are dedicated bike lanes separated from the roads by concrete dividers everywhere. Yes, the rooms and breakfast are basic, but, because of the features above, we liked it enough to book an extra night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Vandercleaf
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The hotel is a historical buidling and the rooms look that way. They definitely need to do some refurnishing, painting and cleaning. We had a two-bedroom suite for 6 people and it was very tight. The bedrooms were really small and the bathroom and toilet not laid out well. The area is not great but OK if you have a car or a bigger group of people to walk to the subway station. The hotel is very close to the Olympic park and short drive to downtown Montreal. They offer a lot of delicious pastries for breakfast and the owner's wife gave us great advice on sites to visit, etc. The hotel is good for a budget-minded traveller.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Czech_couple_in_FL
Reviewed July 31, 2012

It is very nice to find a hotel that has a personal touch and is not a standard chain hotel.
The price is very reasonable and the proprietors extremely helpful with information.
Unfortunately laundry service could not be provided due to full capacity.
Breakfast was very poor, no fruit and no juice.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank jaddess
Reviewed July 22, 2012

A friend and myself booked a room here and were nothing but disappointed with it. First of all, the location was horrible. We didn't feel safe walking around and there were 3 prostitutes soliciting us as we walked out. Secondly, the rooms are disgusting. We book a family room, and the tv was from the 1980s and the windows didn't open with no air conditioning. Also, there was tape on the ceiling holding the cracks in the ceiling. It was so bad we had to leave and the rude receptionist would not give all of our money back. Terrible place.. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: July 2012