“Delicious Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Rosemont-La Petite-Patrie
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Itacate is a very cute Mexican restaurant that serves delicious food and has a very warn staff. I personally had the Enchilada verde and loved it! Everything on the menu seems delicious so I can't wait to go back there to try more food. And the prices are very reasonable. It isn't a very big place but it tends to get crowded in the evening. They don't take reservations so you'd better arrive a little early (around 6 pm) or later than 9 pm.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

A friend and I had dinner at Itacate tonight and it's my new favourite restaurant. The service was excellent: prompt, courteous, attentive. We had margaritas - mine was a lemon patron on the rocks and it was great. We shared enchiladas (verde and de mole). I have to say it was the best mole sauce I've ever had. Everything was tasty, just the right amount of spice with extra sauces on the side. I will definitely go back until I've tasted everything on the menu.

Atmosphere-wise, it was casual, not too loud even though it was packed. The decor is neat with nice coulourful touches.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Been on a bit of a Mexican kick lately, so we did a little investigating and found this lovely place. Located just east of Little Italy section near Beaubien. Didn't know what to expect, but weren't disappointed.

First off staff. Loved them.

Marguerita pitcher!!! Loved it!!!

Best Guac I've had!!!! My wife had the Fajitas Mar y Tierra and loved it. Cooked to perfection. My son had the Enchilada with their Mole sauce. First time for all of us. Quite an interesting taste, picky eaters should stay away, but an absolute treat for the more adventurous. I had the Duck Tacitos and it was absolutely delicious.

Dessert was the one that you pick three of. We had the three milk cake, the Guava cheesecake, and a corn cake. hey were all really great.

If you want to go out for a really great Mexican meal, GO HERE!!!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

the food is very good and typically mexican, the service is very friendly. The atmphosphere is nice and cozy.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

I went there with my family and friends (party of 7, 3 adults, 4 older teenagers). We enjoyed the food very much. Since our last visit, the restaurant has moved to a nicer location a short walk from the previous cramped place. Well the food is very good. We started with a pitcher of marguerita. great. Added nachos and guacamole as en entrée : perfect. I had the enchilada a la mole and enjoyed it. We had no problem getting some place. Service was great. Only caveat and suggestion to owners: reservations for parties of less than 8 people are not accepted. It is a problem for me if I want to visit the place since I have to drive 40 minutes to get there and can not be assured of a place in the restaurant. Imagine the deception if I get there and have to wait... I suggest you accept reservations for any party size.