“Great for cigars lovers”

Stogies Cigar Lounge
Ranked #22 of 217 Nightlife in Montreal
New Hartford, New York, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great for cigars lovers”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I went here almost everyday I was in Montreal. The staff were friendly and the cigar selection was good. They have been grandfathered in for indoor smoking. They also have a terrace with heaters on the balcony. During the day time hours, they have live sporting events. You can get Cuban rum too. A great place to hang out with friends, have a cigar and chat.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank FaragoCNY

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“A good spot on Crescent St.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We went here for drinks and didn't even have any cigars. Nevertheless, the staff was very friendly and helpful for us being out-of-town visitors. The balcony was a wonderful spot to sit and watch the people below on Crescent St. I look forward to returning and enjoying a cigar here.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kurt R
Moncton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A trip back in time”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Every time I'm in Montreal, I take time out for Stogies...why? because it's like something from the 60's or 70's, comfortable leather coaches, great selection of cigars and Scotch, and fantastic service. I've been there during the afternoon, early evening and late at night, and like any other bar/lounge, the age/type of customer varies depending on when you're there.

One thing never changes, I like to sit at the bar and enjoy a Monte Cristo or two, and the bartenders/servers are always genuinely friendly, and great to talk to! This might not be the place for somebody looking for loud music/bands, or a disco pickup atmosphere, but if you're a cigar lover, and enjoy a blast from the past, I highly recommend Stogie's!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paul D
Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited with my friend for an afternoon while our wives shopped downtown. An excellent way to spend a few hours.
Great scotch selection and no cutting fee for our cigars which we brought with us. Very friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Geoff-a-tron-5000
New Hartford, New York, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Decent place to go”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is as advertised in that you can smoke cigars indoors and there is no charge for lighting your own cigar. They have a decently stocked humidor with competitive prices (%30 more for brands due to Canadian taxes.). They show a lot of sports with no TV volume and music in the background and it does get louder after 8PM, but we could still converse. It is open from 2PM to 3AM. The drinks are on the pricier side, but it is the only way they make their money since most people come in to the place with their own smokes.

Visited October 2012