“A trip back in time”

Moncton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A trip back in time”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Every time I'm in Montreal, I take time out for Stogies...why? because it's like something from the 60's or 70's, comfortable leather coaches, great selection of cigars and Scotch, and fantastic service. I've been there during the afternoon, early evening and late at night, and like any other bar/lounge, the age/type of customer varies depending on when you're there.

One thing never changes, I like to sit at the bar and enjoy a Monte Cristo or two, and the bartenders/servers are always genuinely friendly, and great to talk to! This might not be the place for somebody looking for loud music/bands, or a disco pickup atmosphere, but if you're a cigar lover, and enjoy a blast from the past, I highly recommend Stogie's!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Paul D

Ottawa, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice way to spend an afternoon”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited with my friend for an afternoon while our wives shopped downtown. An excellent way to spend a few hours.
Great scotch selection and no cutting fee for our cigars which we brought with us. Very friendly staff.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Geoff-a-tron-5000
New Hartford, New York, United States
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Decent place to go”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is as advertised in that you can smoke cigars indoors and there is no charge for lighting your own cigar. They have a decently stocked humidor with competitive prices (%30 more for brands due to Canadian taxes.). They show a lot of sports with no TV volume and music in the background and it does get louder after 8PM, but we could still converse. It is open from 2PM to 3AM. The drinks are on the pricier side, but it is the only way they make their money since most people come in to the place with their own smokes.

Visited October 2012
Montréal, Qc
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Used to be my favorite place, now overpriced and younger clientele”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

A few years ago this used to be my second home. The martinis were impressive and affordable (7,50$). It had a great lounge atmosphere which I liked very much. I came back a few times in recent years and the drinks are now ridiculously expensive (12 and then 14$ each) and at this price they don't always put what's supposed to be in there (shredded coconut for exemple). Plus they had turned it into a more "sportive" ambiance (football games playing, people dressed in sport jersey, etc). It's now the only place in town where you can smoke cigar inside so if that's what you want to do, go for it, but I won't return. People used to dress classy and the setting was cozy, but now it's full of younger people that are loud.

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Antoine D
“Great cigar lounge”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have been many times. Have no clue what band previous reviewer heard cause the place has no bands?! Casual good talking volume , perhaps a little louder on Friday an Saturday late at night, but your on crescent street , guess to be expected. Great service ( Danielle is my favourite )