“Excellent location!”

Ranked #13 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Washington
“Excellent location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just stayed at La Petite Prune last week. Excellent location! Very close to the metro (Montreal Metro is convenient & effecient). The Plateau Mont Royal neighborhood is great for walking, exploring, eating. The B&B is also close to a picturesque park: St. Louis Square. Great to just sit and watch the world go by. Mamie Clafoutis bakery is just beyond the park on Rue St Denis: the pastries / bread are phenomenal. For the tourist: Schwartz's, La Banquise, bagel from St. Viateur, Au Pied de Cochon: all walking distance.

Akiko is a gracious host; she makes a scrumptious breakfast. Definitely try the homemade jams; I've never had kiwi marmalade until our stay there. My sunny side up egg was cooked to perfection. It was very quiet even with other guests; we had a shared bathroom but it was not inconvenient at all. I actually had one of the best night's sleep at the b&b during that trip.

We stayed in the yellow room. Very roomy. Good noise control from the outside and even from the bathroom next door.

Will definitely stay here again! Thank you, Akiko!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, the location of the B&B is just great. :)
It's located between St-Laurent Boulevard and St-Denis street, 2 very lively streets.
There are many restaurants, cafes, bars, and boutiques on these streets.
Even though it is so close to these streets, around the B&B is a residential area, and it is usually very quiet.

I'm happy that you liked my breakfast too! I hope you will have an opportunity to come back to Montreal, and I would be happy to have you again at La Petite Prune.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed one night at La Petit Prune (in the smallest room) and it was the perfect location and price, and the room was cozy and comfy. We slept soundly and the breakfast (eggs made to order) was delicious, with homemade fruit spreads and even gluten-free toast when we asked and lots of other options, too. It was nice to spend breakfast talking with some of the other guests and with the owner, Akiko. She was very attentive during our stay and went above and beyond by locating a sweatshirt I had left behind - and then sent it back! Highly recommended - thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James N
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was nice meeting you. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay!

I enjoyed talking with you in the morning too. It's nice to have people from different parts of the world at the same table. :)

Next time you come to Montreal, it would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune!

(I am glad that you got your sweatshirt back!)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

My parents and I enjoyed our time at La Petite Prune. Everything about this B&B was well thought out to make the stay as comfortable as possible outside of one's home. Shampoo, hair conditioner, body lotion, and Febreeze is provided in the bathroom, which was greatly appreciated.

Akiko made us a fabulous breakfast; it was a poached (?) egg with potatoes, served in a ramekin, and there was bacon, baked beans, toast, and multiple homemade jam choices. After trying Akiko's kiwi jam, my mom told me that she couldn't wait to try it out herself. There was also a variety of selection of teas and Akiko served orange juice and coffee too.

Another thing my family appreciated was that Akiko allowed us to have store our luggage at the B&B while we traveled around Montreal. We can't thank her enough for that!

My parents and I can't think of a single bad thing about La Petite Prune. If we ever come back to Montreal, we will definitely come back here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!

It was such a short stay but I'm glad that you enjoyed it.
It was nice having you and your parents here. I really enjoyed our conversations in the morning.

The egg dish I served that morning is called "eggs en cocotte". It's actually one of the most popular dishes among my guests. :)

I would be happy to have you any time again at La Petite Prune!
Eugene, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I spent only one night at La Petit Prune but it was a great place and I highly recommend it. Akiko greeted me upon my early arrival and let me store my luggage in my room while I explored Montreal. The location was perfect - a five minute walk to either the metro or the bus station (with buses to the airport). I walked up St. Denis St to Duluth and found a plethora of great restaurants. My room, on the second floor (Sora) had a queen sized bed and was next to the bathroom. Breakfast was delicious - poached egg with bacon and potatoes, beans and delicious banana muffins and juice. And Akiko kept my tea pot full! The atmosphere was relaxed, Akiko was friendly and helpful and the location was perfect. Thank you Akiko.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jhessdc
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune.
It was only one night but I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. :)

I hope there will be another occasion for you to travel to Montreal. One day is definitely not enough to enjoy this marvellous city! And I would be happy to have you here at La Petite Prune again.
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My friend and I stayed here the last week of April and loved it. We stayed in the "koume" room - which was way bigger than we thought! Opposite the beds is a huge window with shutters, which we really enjoyed. There was also a small TV next to one of the beds, so my friend was able to keep up with her hockey while we were there. The beds were very comfy. We had the room with the private bathroom, which is located under the stairs in the hall. I can see how some people might not like that, but we had no issues - plus there were robes in the room, which was great!

Akiko is lovely. She makes excellent jam in flavours I didn't know existed (kiwi and banana, for example), and breakfast was always enjoyable. She remembered my penchant for tea after our first breakfast there, so I never needed to ask for hot water! There were also the usual breakfast items (cereal, toast, etc.), but she made something different every morning for a hot meal.

Location-wise, La Petite Prune is fantastic. I've previously stayed down in the port area, so this was my first time staying farther north. It's right near Rue St-Denis, which is packed with excellent restaurants, and it's a very easy walk to shops (provided you're good with hills). We spent most of the trip walking, but there's a metro station about two/three blocks away, as well as the Greyhound bus station.

Could not be happier with our stay!

Room Tip: As others have noted, the other three rooms have a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caitlin P
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice having you here. I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for discribing your experience in detail. This will be very helpful for the future guests.

I am thinking to go get some fruits for my new jam tomorrow. I will see what's good and decide on the flavor. I like to try new things always, so please come back to taste my new breakfast menu. It would be my pleasure to have you again here. :)

and thank you very very much again for the surprise you sent me!!
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed one night at this B&B to attend a friend's birthday party. The location is very convenient, just steps away from Plateau Mont-Royal, which is full of shops, bars and restaurants. The room was sparse, but clean and well maintained.

One of the drawbacks is that there is only one shared bathroom for the three upstairs bedrooms, but that was not a problem when we visited.

The owner was very responsive to our needs, including dietary restrictions. She was very quiet, but friendly.

Overall, I would recommend this B&B if you need to be close to Plateau Mont-Royal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.

The location of the B&B is really good, especially in summer with many events and festivals happening in this area. Even though the B&B is in the lively plateau area, it is usually very quiet around the B&B.

For the shared bathroom issue, I try to control the number of guests who would be using the bathroom, and also the private bathroom for the guestroom downstairs can be used when there is no guest downstairs.

Thank you for recommending La Petite Prune. It would be my peasure to have you again here. :)
Hamilton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

La petite prune had a wonderful location and beautiful rooms! My Mom and I shared the purple room for a night. It was gorgeous! The breakfast was lovely too! I definitely recommend it. Akiko is a wonderful host.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you and your mother. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

I always try to find good breakfast recipes. I hope you will come back to taste my new breakfast dishes. :)