“Such a wonderful B&B and Host!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #13 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Such a wonderful B&B and Host!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I loved La Petite Prune! It is such a beautiful place! Such a lovely house and interior! The host Akiko has done an amazing job! The interior was lovely to look at and very clean. Our bedroom was elegant and spotless, along with the bathroom. Everything, including our host, was easily accessible. This includes the location. So many great Montreal locations within walking distance of the front door. It is located on a nice street. We loved Akiko's cooking! Such a big and delicious breakfast spread! So much of it homemade too! We will definitely come back the next time we are in Montreal! Gambatte Akiko! You have done a great job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 55Robyn55
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune! I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.
It was nice meeting you and your husband. I really enjoyed talking with you at the breakfast.
I hope to see you again. You are always welcome to come back and stay at La Petite Prune.

And as I already wrote in the email I sent you, don't hesitate to write to me about anything. :)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Its so cute the house and you stay around the center for montreal,you can walk for every where so easy,i was so happy to be in LA PETITE PRUNE!!!
She cook the breakfast,the best you can imagine the quality and the hospitality she bring to you!!
For sure i will like comeback LA PETITE PRUNE!!

Room Tip: Any room are well placed,my favorite was in front of the house on the second floor..
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Levinia
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you, Levinia, for the positive comments.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here.

You are always welcome to come back and stay at La Petite Prune. Actually I am really looking forward to seeing you again. You will see the result of the self facial treatment you taught me! :)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Excellent location to explore Montreal. Plus, the B&B is very confortable and Akiko's breakfast is great pay attention to the excellent jams, they are homemade!!!). The place is impecable, decorated with antiques that go very well with the style of the house. We are planning to return to Montreal this summer and we will book at La Petite Prune again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marta G
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was very nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I am already looking forward to seeing you here again in summer. I am sure you will like the lively atmosphere of the city. :)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at La Petite Prune for three days and enjoyed it very much! The breakfast was amazing (something new everyday), especially the homemade jams. Our room was nice as well and clean, as well as the bathroom. You could see that Akiko spend a lot of time and thought on decorating and renovating the house. The neighborhood is nice, there are a lot of restaurants and bars just around the corner, and if you don't mind a bit of walking you can get to the city centre by foot (about 20 minutes?). All in all we enjoyed our stay a lot and certainly will stay there again when we come back to Montreal!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice having you here last summer. I am glad to know that you liked your stay.
I like to try new recipes for breakfast, and for jams also. I hope you will return and taste my breakfast again.
I would be happy to have you any time at La Petite Prune. :)
London, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Very enjoyable stay at La Petite Prune! The ambiance of the B&B was very relaxing, and the location was amazing: restaurants, bakeries, metro station, shopping and Old Montreal was all within walking distance. Akiko was also a very warm and dedicated host. The B&B was very clean, Akiko made great recommendations to bakeries/restaurants nearby, and offered both homemade baked goods and warm breakfast items. We would definitely stay here again! Thank you Akiko!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was nice meeting you. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
There are more bakeries/pastry shops/restaurants that I would recommend next time.
I am looking forward to seeing you again. Happy New Year! :)
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

If you stay at La Petite Prune you will go home a happy person. The host Akiko Yamada has created a warm and welcoming atmosphere in her very lovely 19th Century home. I was lucky enough to spend ten days at La Petite Prune while I visited friends and family in the Montreal area. The location is perfect for taking the Metro or the number 24 bus which stops very close by. I also rented a car for a day at the Berri bus station which is only four blocks away. The fabulous 747 city bus which travels to the airport and back stops at the Berri station as well so I was able to roll my suitcase up to Akiko's in less than ten minutes.

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at Akiko's B&B. La Petite Prune is now Ma Petite Prune.
Thank you, Akiko, for creating the perfect home away from home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank eglantier
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune, and thank you very much for the christmas card you sent me! I was really happy to receive this surprise today. :D

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here. I enjoyed talking with you every morning too.
I would be pleased to have you here again any time.

Have a great holiday season!
Bridgewater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this lovely and inexpensive B&B for two nights before flying to Barcelona in late October and we are glad we did. Everything was fine and Akiko was very pleasant and accomodating. The location is excellent and it is in a very nice neighbourhood. We would definitely stay here again and we highly recommend it to anyone visiting Montreal. This is so much better than staying in a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Akiko Y, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was very nice meeting you and I really enjoyed having you here.
Thank you for your emails too. I'm glad to hear that you had a great time in Barcelona and on the cruise. It's always nice to hear from my previous guests. :)

It would be my pleasure to have you here again any time.