“Best B&B experience I ever had.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B La Petite Prune

B&B La Petite Prune
Ranked #14 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
“Best B&B experience I ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I spent six days at La Petite Prune.

I can't recommend this place enough: our room was surprisingly spacious, very clean and nicely decorated. Every morning we enjoyed an outstanding breakfast prepared by the lovely hostess Akiko. We already miss the daily conversations we had with her and the other guests. Also, the B&B is located perfectly, with numerous excellent bars, restaurants, etc. close-by.

We can't wait to visit this B&B again. Two thumbs up.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Langustor
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here. I enjoyed our conversations every morning too.

Thank you also for the gifts you brought. I'm using the mustard in my baked beans and it tastes great! The container is really cute too and I am definitely keeping that after I finish the mustard.

I hope you had fun in New York, and now are enjoying home sweet home.
It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Groton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at La Petite Prune for three nights with a few friends and was immediately won over by its charm. I stayed in the downstairs room, which was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Despite being so close to busy streets, it was also very quiet. Hot breakfast with fresh baked goods each morning were the perfect start to each day; Akiko is a great chef and her company at breakfast was most delightful! This place is personal and relaxing and a good location to launch day trips around Montreal whether to restaurants, bars, shopping, museums etc. I would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Montreal.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was a pleasure having you and your friends here.
I enjoyed our conversation at breakfast every morning.
Come back again, maybe in summer when many festivals happen in the area. It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune.
CT, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

My friends and I stayed here for 4 days while visiting Montreal. The price was a great deal, the B7B was in a safe location, very clean and comfortable. The host was amazing, cooking some great breakfast meals and able to accomodate a gluten allergy. The place was in a quiet neighborhood, but within walking distance to some great restaurants and the metro. A few of the major streets with shopping and bars are also around the corner. Parking is not great, but there was an inexpensive garage less than three blocks from the B&B. We stayed in the double room, great for two people and could easily accomodate a third if needed. I would stay here again when I go back to Montreal, highly recommend this place!

1 Thank MRosa27
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
I really enjoyed having you and your friends here.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your first visit to Montreal. Come back again, maybe in summer. I think you and you friends will like it a lot when many festivals are happening everywhere, every day. It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune.
Mystic, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed 3 nights at La Petite Prune while visiting Montreal with friends. The B&B has a great location on a quiet residential street, just around the corner from restaurants and shops. When we checked in Akiko gave me a printout to help find parking in the area, which was very helpful.

The rooms are cute and the whole place was very clean. I stayed in one of the upstairs rooms, and I did occasionally have to wait for the shared bathroom, but there was plenty of hot water for the shower so it was fine. The breakfasts were the best part, Akiko is a wonderful baker! We had fresh bread or scones every day with homemade jam, bacon and eggs... She even sent us home with extra cookies the morning that we checked out. I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a nice home-like place to stay.

1 Thank Kell00
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
I really enjoyed having you and your friends here. Please pass on my thanks so everyone.

Thank you also for this review with useful information about the B&B and the neighbourhood. It will be helpful for my future guests.

I love cooking/baking, and I love it even more when my guests like what I serve. I hope you enjoyed my cookies on the way home. :)

I would be happy to have you here again if you return to Montreal!
Düsseldorf
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed two nights at the B & B "La Petite Prune" and really enjoyed our visit there. The B & B is located in a nice old house in a quite street and near a small park. Many bars, restaurants and scenic spots are just a few steps away. The house is comfortable and clean. On the upper foor, were we stayed, are four rooms sharing a bathroom. Downstairs is another bath, so that there is enough place even in the morning "rush hour".
The owner "Akiko" makes the place a really warm and inviting place to stay. She offers a rich breakfast in a cosy atmosphere, were we met very nice people - young and old, couples and families - from canada and abroad. Arrival and departure were easy to handle. Although we arrived early, we could check-in immidiately. On our departure we kept the key to pick up our luggage later. I would recommend it to a friend, a trendy place for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Street-side rooms are little bit mor noisy than the ones to the garden. We rest in the small street...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
It was a short stay but I enjoyed having you here.
This is the best part of my job, meeting very nice people every day.
I'm glad to know that you liked your stay.
It would be my pleasure to have you again at La Petite Prune if you return to Montreal. :)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed at La Petite Prune for 3 nights in September while I was visiting Montreal for a conference. I wanted a more home-y, local flavour and opted for a B&B instead of one of the big chain hotels. I had looked around a lot of B&B's and this one had a great location AND the price was very affordable. I really enjoyed my stay and cannot think of a place with better value! (I have traveled to Montreal several times before, staying in diferent hotels or B&B's).

The location: just a 3 mins. walk from Sherbrooke STM station. It is right near major street Sherbrooke and St. Denis, but still feels quiet. It is on a residential street, close to a small park with a fountain. Very convenient and safe for a woman traveling alone. I like that it is close to great restaurants that are less touristy than the ones downtown or in Old Montreal. I also found a nice yoga studio just steps away on St. Denis (http://www.yoga-sangha.com/).

The space: this B&B has 5 rooms and is located in a cozy house. The colours are bright and cheerful and the rooms are nicely decorated. I stayed in "Mori", which had a queen bed. It was just right for my purposes. I didn't spend much time in my room, but it was a quiet place to read or work on my computer (free wifi). The only minor issue for me was that the walls are thin, so if someone in the next room wakes up early, chances are you will hear the noise and wake up too.The shared upstairs bathroom had a nice skylight and was always very clean. I never had to wait to use it. There's shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc. in case you forgot anything. The dining room area is nice -- a great spot to enjoy breakfast with other guests. There is a desktop computer you can use and some guidebooks.

Service: the owner, Akiko, offers friendly, personal service. She runs the whole place herself and is very accommodating if you need an early/late check-in or check-out. She also used to be a chef and cooks delicious breakfast items, like chocolate chip scones, fresh fruit jams, and omelettes. Starting the day with a nice breakfast was a highlight for me.

This is one of the best B&B's I have stayed in and I will certainly be back the next time I visit Montreal!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TO-psych
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune!
Thank you also for this review with a lot of information about the B&B. It will be very useful for my future guests. :)

I'm glad to know that you liked your stay here. I enjoyed talking with you and also making an omelette for you every morning.

I will be happy to have you here again. See you next time!
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

This was my first experience at an B&B, and I am very happy that I chose La Petite Prune for my first night here at Montreal.
The rooms were very nicely coordinated with good interior and furniture, and was very comfortable to stay at. Even though I reserved a room last minute, the price was very reasonable. And most of all, the breakfast was amazing - fresh and delicious with variety of food to choose from.
If I ever have the chance to visit Montreal, I would definitely come back to this B&B. Thank you for an amazing experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank enairene
Akiko_Y_12, Owner at B&B La Petite Prune, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for staying at La Petite Prune. It was really nice meeting you and your friend!
I hope you are having a good school life too. It's a short stay but enjoy as much as you can.
Here in Montreal, every season has its own beauty, so come back any time! I am looking forward to seeing you again. :)