“The most fun I had in a long time!”
Review of Complexe Sky

Complexe Sky
Ranked #33 of 220 Nightlife in Montreal
More attraction details
Owner description: BRANCHE located on the first floor of the Complexe Sky with four floor of space from night club to roof top terrace. Le Branche has new decor, new tasty menu! Now open after several months of major refurbishment, the former Sky Pub, located in the Sky Complex, is now completely transformed- Le Branché, a bistro bar. It now stands out with its elaborate menu of unique cocktails and a menu with several dishes to be discovered. Its decor has been modernized in which several elements of different style have been arranged between them: wooden objects, brick wall, chandeliers and ceiling lamps, bistro tables and some higher ones with stools, warm colors and more. Similarly, several distinct sections have been created including the one with the billiard tables and table D.J., which is likely to be very popular during the happy hour.
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I was here over Christmas break and this bar exceeded my expectations. This was my first time being out in Montreal and I was quite impressed. All three levels were bumping and played popular hits.
I think we were there on a Friday (or Saturday) night for the drag show. This was my first exposure to drag and I am hooked. The performers were fun and had better stage presence than Top 40 artists I've seen perform in concert.
I adored the stage on the main level where the show was because it was adorned with multiple disco balls. The songs were popular hits that were sung mostly in English (if not all). The performers costumes were absolutely fantastic and they danced around the stage in higher heels than I own. :)
The MC spoke mostly in French which was somewhat hilarious because I had learned so little of language in the Ontario education system. I was enjoying the show so much it didn't matter what language was being spoken. The MC was handing out tickets for something and I was determined to win them. I walked up to the stage and had no idea what was being said. The MC and the audience had a good laugh because it was clear I didn't speak French. I had won tickets for NYE at SKY! That was awesome. I had to give them away because my trip would be over before then.
I will most certainly be returning here whenever it is possible. I loved the atmosphere. Everyone in the drag show had such high energy that it rubbed off on the audience. It was clear they enjoyed what they were doing.
Some people sat at the tables to be entertained but there was plenty of room on the floor for dancing. I love Montreal and this was by far the highlight of my trip!! 5 stars, I recommend this bar to anyone because if you aren't interested in one dance floor there are two others to try out.

3  Thank isingintheshower

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Well, it's good to go there now and then. However, it is quite pricey and the waiters/waitresses DO expect tips, and sometimes they even come at the table a few times to ask you if you need anything else or whatever. I guess they DO want to sell. It's like when you get in a store and before you even get to see what they have, the sales person is already on your shoulders asking you if she can help you. You know what I mean? I mean, can I please see first what you have, then I'll ask for help if I need any.
Apart from that, they view is beautiful and if you dare, you can even swim in their pool. However, the gay people will observe you, especially the older ones (no offence). When I go, I do NOT go to swim in a club pool, come on. However, some people or twinks dare do it. They enjoy the attention.
As for their music, you have a great choice of musical genres, depending on which floor you decide to go. Going from one section to the other is fun, because you get to listen to different kinds of music.
TIP: get "buzzed" BEFORE going to the club, if not, it's going to cost you lots of money once you're in there. And that even in Montreal, where people think that everything is cheap. Not the Sky Pub, and not the drinks.

2  Thank EuropeanMale
Reviewed October 21, 2011

really loved the shows! and its free! Pop stars on Thurs. Le Sky show on Friday night is great too!

Reviewed September 24, 2010

This was a favourite hangout on our visit to Montreal. Love the Terrace with the view of the Village - staff friendly and the Sangria tasty!

The yellow wasps were a bit of a drag (and as Australians we were not used to them), but all good with some strategic swats.

Great place for pre-dinner drinks.

2  Thank Kristoff F