$220
InterContinental
$415
$403
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast basketpicnic basketeach morningyogurtmetro stationexecutive roomold montreallovely little hotelroom doorrue strooms are smallboutique hotelhomeless peoplegay villagereception areanice breakfastfront desk staff
Reviewed January 3, 2006

This hotel I stayed at based on the good reviews I had found at BBSelect, a Canadian B&B booking agency. Unfortunately, they turned out to be dead wrong.

The hotel staff treated me like I was a college student in a dormitory which I do not and did not appreciate. The evening man was very unfriendly and when I told him how rude he was to me and my friends, the manager simply explained that basically this was the hotel's "invisible policy" and that to be upfront about it would offend even more guests. I replied that he and his staff were running a dormitory and not a hotel. Although tastefully decorated, I would never give these people my money again. They advertise in gay publications as being a gay-friendly establishment; nothing could have been further from the truth.

• Stayed: July 2004
10  Thank tapdancer77
Reviewed August 2, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Le Pomerol over the long weekend in July/August. We loved our luxury room, though it was on the pricy side considering the lack of "extras" at the hotel. For my husband & I we really wanted to have romantic surroundings which definitely was the case. We loved the contemporary decor! On that point, this hotel won hands down - it's very well styled. BUT given the price we paid, I had to pick "AVERAGE" for its review.

This hotel is like a boutique hotel, and though there is wireless internet available for all the rooms, I would think that this hotel would be better suited for couples over business travellers. The hotel is ideally situated - close enough to walk to a LOT of interesting places (restaurants, bars & Old Montreal) not to mention that the METRO is right across the street from the hotel. If you don't need the hotel extras and enjoy being in the right location, then this is the hotel for you.

A big downside to the hotel (as one of the other reviews mentioned) is that there are no services available other than basic maid service. I would also have to agree that given the nightly rate we paid, our expectations were not quite met either. Still, it is a large city hotel and the price was "reasonable" considering, but for the same amount of money I'll stay elsewhere next time, without the pretty decor perhaps, but WITH all the extras that one enjoys of a hotel.

• Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank jpidgen
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed May 30, 2005

I have been coming to Montreal many times on business trips and tried many hotels. A friend suggested this Bed and Breakfast which turned out to be one of my best experiences in this city.

The location is perfect! Close enought to downtown and Old Montreal which makes after work more ineresting.

The room in which I stayed offered style and comfort. The continental breakfast displayed variation. The free internet connection is a plus for people on business trips needing to keep in touch with the office.

The prices are very reasonable considering the quality and cleanleness of the room.

The friendly service makes it all that much more enjoyable!!!

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2005

My wife and I stayed at Le Pomerol and had a very substandard experience. We were given one of the smallest rooms with only a double bed, not even an alarm clock and a bathroom smaller than most closets. Being a seasoned traveler and worked in the service industry we had the internet reservation handy. I told them there must be a mistake, which they denied. After some time of sorting out the issue we were given the proper room which was much nicer in most respects including basic immenities that were absent in the first room. The ultra-modern decor is interesting and shows some attention to detail, although one aspect might be luxurious many details of decor and service are missing. The beds were very firm and the rooms showed wear and tear although kept clean.

This establishment is far from a luxury hotel or a place for corporate travelers to feel comfortable doing business. The facilities are overstated in the advertisements and pictures are taken at very opportune angles. There are no services available other than basic maid service. The restaurant onsite is not run by the hotel and while offering a discount for guests was unwilling to serve us at 8:45pm and only serve yourself breakfast items were available aside from the restaurant. The internet connection did not work in our room preventing needed work from being done.

I must say the staff were all friendly and helpful but the expectations presented in their advertising and high rates approach false advertising.

We'll pay the same money and stay at a much nicer facility next time!

Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
germany
Reviewed February 10, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our tripp to Montreal. We are from Europe and loved the little touches of European elegance that were given to the hotel. The manager was fantastic to deal with. We will be back for sure!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member