Auberge Le Pomerol
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsbreakfast basketpicnic basketeach morningyogurtbreakfast delivereddirectly across the streetmetro stationold montrealexecutive roomlovely little hotellounge arearoom doorrue stboutique hotelrooms are smallhomeless peoplemusic festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 10, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful 5 night stay at the Auberge Le Pomerol. The staff was cordial and efficient. We really enjoyed the simple continental breakfast which appeared in a basket outside our room each morning. The hotel's location is perfect -- very close to both St. Denis and St. Catherine streets. Also, the Berri-Uqam metro station was just across the street. Despite the hotel being in a very central location, our room (located in the back of the hotel) was quiet and we did not hear any street noises. As English speakers, we also were pleased that there were more than the normal Montreal hotel selection of English-speaking TV stations. We would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to others. Be sure to try the lovely restaurant adjacent -- excellent food and ambiance.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 'superior room' on the 4th floor at the back of the hotel. The room was very quiet which is a priority for us.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed in the "economy" room. It is pretty small with a queen bed in it. But for me, it didn't matter. I was only there to sleep. Bed's pretty comfortable, all that mattered. Though I had to laugh that in the tiny closet, they had an ironing board, and a small folded table. There was no room for any of that. Bathroom was tiny too. People with, um, larger waists may have a hard time making it past the sink into the shower stall.
Loved the croissant-cheese-fruit breakfast basket. Hit the spot in the morning.
There's also a room downstairs that you can sit down at and enjoy coffee or teas.
Location is excellent. Downtown and right across from Metro. The front desk staff was excellent and very friendly.
My only problem with it was that the walls do seem to be paper thin. One night I was kept awake by two men in the room next to me. You can hear everything. I don't want to say what it seemed like they were up to.
I liked that it was a smaller hotel. For the value, this place can't be beat.
I recommend the restaurant adjoined to the hotel. It's expensive, but for a special occasion it's a real treat.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank JoeSerge
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Across the street from the metro, short walking distance to St Denise and the Plato.

Super friendly staff and the breakfast is delivered in a picnic basket to your room!!

There is a room open all day with coffee, tea, juice , snacks and cheese.

The restaurant in the hotel is very classic french, really good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank mi_travely
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We own a 14-room inn, so we look at places we stay from a different perspective. And from our point of view, the Pomerol offered everything we were looking for: a location that was convenient and safe (a few blocks north of Old Montreal), very decent rates, immaculately clean, free and reliable WiFi, breakfast and snack bar, wide-screen tv, very helpful front desk, great mattress, the right bathroom amenities, easily adjustable heat. I can't think of anything we were lacking.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 4th floor larger room with whirlpool.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Stan R
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My lady and I booked a small, inexpensive room this winter. We didn't mind the room's small size because it was clean, and cozy, and we got a great deal. The staff was super nice and very helpful. They were glad to help us map our way around the city. And the breakfast baskets were a nice touch! Croissants were delicious and the service was thoughtful.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple