Bed & Breakfast du Village - BBV
$252
$273
$259
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgay villagebeaudry metrobread puddinghomemade jamsother guestsprivate bathperfect hostsown bathroomsecure parkingwarm croissantsquiet side streetperfect place to stayyogurtbixi bikewonderful stayhalf blockevery morning
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

The B&B is located very close to subway. The hosts are friendly and offer very good breakfast. Room and bathroom were clean and tidy. Plenty of information was provided for us to walk around in the city.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

BBV is well situated within a (very) short distance of the Metro. It isn't that far from downtown Montreal as we found when we walked from the Financial Area back on our last night there. Phillippe (we were not sufficiently fortunate to meet Nicholas) was the perfect host answering all our questions on how to get to various places and where we should eat. My partner and I have extremely pleasant memories of BBV and would not hesitate to encourage others visiting Montreal to apply to stay there. Our room was well appointed and very clean. Looking back on our experience of BBV it didn't seem to lack for anything necessary for a pleasant stay.
Gillian Braban and Peter Cave

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The Bed and Breakfast du village is exceptionally charming. I was coached by the hosts, Philippe and Nicholas in the basics of Quebecois. Expressions such as : "Hein ouais" and "Ostille" have no more mysteries for me. I would like to point out the fruit decorations at the breakfast were quite something, although it seems that this was due to the hosts Nephew (he was working there during the summer). I hope to see him around the next time I go to the Bed and Breakfast, he really seemed to spice up the morning conversation. Other than that, their dog Sloebi, to be pronounced with a high pitched voice (I think it's a belgian thing?!), is very well trained. This must be thanks to the morning training session with Ruan, who also cleans the rooms. The rooms are really nice and the location of the bed and breakfast is a 20min walk from mostly every tourist attraction. I had also a lot of fun with the other clients that were present at the moment of my stay, especially with Zhing Zao, who enlightened me with her culture during the breakfast. It seems she had some trouble with her bookings but Philippe was more than glad to assist her in this matter. This underlines the quality of the reception at the BBV. I was here on a business matter and the BBV enabled me to work peacefully (Note : I could store my refreshments in their fridge, it's always nice when your working) and without noises from the nearby Ste Catherine street. Overall the BBV is the place to be in Montréal!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2012

There are so many reasons that this B&B ranks high in our book. The hospitality of Philippe, Nicolas and Sloobi was the best! Philippe gave us suggestions for places to see, told us where we could buy a bottle of wine, gave us suggestions for dinner in the area, and was patient with our French (which was sorely lacking!) The accommodations are very clean. You pay additional for parking the car - but, it's worth it. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast around the table was a great way to meet people from different parts of the world.

The location is a plus. There are two metro stations within walking distance and wonderful restaurants up and down St. Catherine.

They welcome EVERYONE - even an old straight couple like us! If you decide to go to BBV - on the first morning you wake up, tell Philippe that Karen says "Bon matin!"

Room Tip: We liked having a room on the first floor. I read another review that said that they heard noise from the kitchen. But, we did not. The rooms on the first floor have private baths - a plus for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had a great two nights at BBV, our hosts made a great breakfast in the morning and were very welcoming. They kindly leant us their Montreal guide book and map which was much appreciated. The B&B is in a great location and is a short walk away from the old village.
Laura & Daniel