“A restaurant to discover!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toro Rosso

Toro Rosso
Ranked #1,088 of 5,679 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A restaurant to discover!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

A late afternoon stroll in the Village led us to Toro Rosso - a delightful restaurant with good service. I, of course, had the steak and fries, which was done perfectly, and my partner had a hamburger - one of the tastiest he's had in quite some time! To finish our meals, we shared some home made Tiramisu - delicious ! Will definitely go there again next time we're in Montreal!

• Visited July 2012

New York City, New York
“Owner not popular !!! I know why !!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Visited after prime dinner hours. Wed. at 9pm. Picked out a table and on way to wash hands I tripped over a very dangerous and unlit ramp on the way to the restroom. Owner looks at me on floor and says nothing. . .two customers help me to my feet.

Waiter sort of glances my way, surprised that I stayed to eat. 10+ minutes to have order taken as waiters keep running past my table. 8+ minutes more to get ordered glass of wine. Moules (mussels) arrive and they are good. Ribeye ordered 'black and blue' after asking if this was possible. It arrives rare but not charred as desired. Another tall waiter wears cowboy boots and makes a horrific racket as he stomps across the plywood floor covered with indoor/outdoor carpet. Waiter asks if my knee is okay.

I say ". . .sure, the bleeding has stopped." Scraped pretty good from the brillo pad carpet. Owner walks past a dozen or so times, and avoids eye contact. All the staff seem to be friends with several of the diners, who receive most of their time & attention, sitting at tables, air-kissing, etc. Previous resto at this site was Donatello which is now gone. Clueless as any place I've ever been--most restaurant problems are fixable--perhaps this locus is simply cursed.

• Visited June 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Medicore food, service was ambysmal!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We decided to grab a bite to eat at Toro Rosso based on some recommendations from friends. When we arrived we were promptly seated. Not many people were in the restaurant, which should have been our clue. Our waiter seemed in a rush and wanted us to order quickly and seemed upset we were there. We needed to take out time with the menu but the waiter was extremely impatient. Once we ordered our food, we were turned over to another waiter as our waiter had to leave. The second waiter was pleasant and followed through on delivering our entrees only to discover she was leaving too and was handed over to another waiter. It was ridiculous! After eating our meal which was just (Tilapia and Ribs) OK. When we wanted to get our bill and leave and it seemed like an eternity. We will not be returning!

• Visited April 2012