“Enjoyed the stay”

Le Meridien Versailles
Ranked #68 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We booked in for two nights at Le Meridien and was very happy with the accomodations. Our room had a wonderful view and provided a lot of light for the room. Friends who stayed in the hotel as well unfortunately looked out at brick wall. The room was nicely decorated and the bed was super comfortable. There was a great seating area and a "walk-in" closet which is great to keep luggage and purchases out of the way.

The staff were friendly and helpful and made checking and out a breeze.
One small thing is the thin walls. We could hear the person next to us hanging items up in their closet. So be prepared to hear your neighbours.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 27, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Le Meridien. It is very close to Crescent street where all the bars and restaurants are. The staff was friendly and was very helpful. Overall the service was superb. We stayed in their delux room for 4 days - Very clean.

The location is perfect if you want to dine and wine at some amazing restaurants. Even the popular tourist spots like The Casino, Botanical Garden, Mont Royal, etc. are within 3 miles distance. Old Montreal is not so far.

We enjoyed dining at Seven (great collection of wines). Devi, Le Taj has good Indian food. Paris Crepe has amazing crepes. Make sure you have breakfast at Eggspectations:)

One thing to keep in mind is if you are driving to Montreal parking is super expensive. The hotel charges $25/day (unlimited in/out valet service). In addition street parking is $3/hr. The subway cost $2.75/per person a ride.

We definately had fun and can't wait to go back for some more Food.

Have Fun

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ShareMemories
Reviewed July 6, 2008

I booked this hotel because I was a member of their hotel group but I will have to say for the price I got $148US it was a great bargain. It was farther from Old Montreal but there were a number of streets that were packed with restaurants and shops. We were only 3 stops from the underground shopping and the Metro was a piece of cake to use! I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Considering you only use the hotel to sleep it's a great location. There is a great bakery 2 blocks up that has the greatest pastry and coffee!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Mmutsy
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Stayed at the Le Meridien for a weekend in May. The hotel was fine. I don't have any complaints, but at the same time, there was nothing special about the hotel either. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff was very friendly, but the room and bathroom could also stand for a little updating. The location was fine for our purposes, but it may be a little far from some of the downtown areas depending on what you're planning on doing. At the end of the day, I would stay at a different hotel next time just to try something different. If the price was right though, I would have no problem staying here again. Overall, I would give it 3.5 stars. Since that isn't an option though, I'm going with 3 rather than 4.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank kapy3
Reviewed May 17, 2008

I stayed here with my hubby for one night while in Montreal and was planning to stay additional nights at a latter part of our trip. We decided to only stay one night and the rest of the time at W Montreal. Upon check in, the staff was very friendly. I am a member of the SPG reward program and was using cash and points and was told that I could upgrade to a room with jacuzzi for $40 more, so I said fine. The staff was very nice and accomodating. When we got to our room, the jacuzzi didnt work, so we switched to a different room. Both of the rooms had view of Rue Sherbrook which was nice. The room in general was a good size with good view. The beddings were also nice. However, the bathroom was really old and needs update. It was also very small that two people can barely fit in there. The caulk around the bathtub was falling apart and the bathroom looks like it was done in the early 80's. On the other hand, the location was very convenient, within walking distance to everything.

Overall, I thought Le Meridien was better than the Westin, however it wasnt what I had expected. If I had to pay out of my pocket, I am only willing to pay up to $150 for the room, and not $300 that would have cost.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2008

I'm biased but i like the fact that it's just down the street from the world's best museum, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts and that this used to be a condo. also, i like that they upgrade me, but that said, breakfast is amazing, although the menu at dinner is a little extreme with veal and venison. I think the staff is generally good and the location, while a bit closer to the airport than most, makes it easy enough to get around. Can't imagine going back to Bonaventure Hilton, the Four Points or the Radisson after this. when i said how much i liked the eggs, the chef offered to send me some in a FedEx envelope, they could teach Le Meridien San Francisco a thing or two. All in all, this is the best in Montreal.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank rufkdlk
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Super convenient to get to from Montreal Airport: take the L'Aerobus, let them know when you board you're headed to the "Chateau Versaille hotel" (directly across the street b/c Le Meridien is not a designated dropoff/pickup location). Once you get to central bus station, hop on the free transfer & they'll drop you off across the street from Le Meridien. All that for CD$28 roundtrip :)

Front desk staff @ Le Meridien was wonderful, we got to check-in early (since we flew red eye) & got an upgraded corner Jr. suite w/ a jacuzzi tub!

The hotel is about 3 blocks from the Fine Arts Museum. Great places to eat & walkable w/n 1-2 blocks include: Premiere Moisson (bakery/cafe) for breakfast, Chateau Kabob for lunch, & Au Bistro Gourmet for a wonderful dinner. We got food from the bakery every morning & wished we had more time to re-visit the other two.

Didn't need a car. Metro entrance on Guy Concordia is w/n 2 blocks. We had no problems getting to Old Town Montreal or the Underground Shopping area.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple