“AVOID!!!”

Le Meridien Versailles
Ranked #68 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We parked the car where the staff told us to park. We gave the staff our keys so the valet could park the car. Twenty minutes later the car was parked in their alley-like lot with video surveillance. It was on the street, locked but unattended, for 20 minutes. Conveniently it was burgled then. A suitcase, a laptop with Lodis bag and a travel tote were stolen.

It is interesting that our belongings were taken while the car was the one place the hotel did not have video surveillance. What are the chances anyone besides hotel staff is aware of this inconsistency? The hotel does not believe it has any responsibility for our car or possessions even while they are in possession of our keys.

Avoid this hotel.

If for some reason you absolutely must stay here take everything you own with you. No bellman is evident so you will schelp it all yourself. However, you will still own it.

The beds are comfortable. Staff, other than management, is quite friendly and helpful. Be advised, though, hotel policy does not include making you happy.

Look for my other reviews for this hotel wherever you look for accommodations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank brendastocktonhiss
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

We apologized for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your arrival to the hotel, in our defence your car was left unlocked , unattended on a city street in the late night hours for which there are no cameras. It is unfortunate that in a Metropolitan city, occurrences such as these do occur. Our associates reacted in a timely manner to ensure that your car was moved with the 15minute period. Unfortunately the above situation happened prior to the parking of your vehicle.
Please note that our staff and management have tried to reach out to you to find a amicable compromise, as we do not intend for any of our guests to suffer an experience such as yours.
We are at your disposal to discuss further.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in town for a business conference and couldn't stay at the conference hotel; found the Le Meridien on Expedia. My room was really dated; I felt like I was in the 80's and that's being generous. The staff; absolutely amazing! Door man attentive and recognized me after the second day and the front desk staff always smiling asking how things were going. I went out for a late night walk and even the night people were super friendly (not the case I normally find). I hope they spruce up the place and next time I'm in town I may just choose to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianMom125
SandieLeMeridien, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! I would like to inform you that we are in fact undergoing renovations at the moment! We have completed 4 floors and will continue onto the next levels! After all rooms are completed the lobby entrance will also be renovated! I do hope you will return in the future to be able to experience our new rooms!

I would like to also thank you for your very kind word towards all our associates! They take great pride in their work. I will be sure to pass along all notes!

Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great hotel in a great location, hotel is under renovation so beware if you do not have a renovated room it is a bit drab. Once the place is done this is a gem. The gym is non-existent . restaurant is nice. Staff is warm and friendly !!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review! We are in fact undergoing renovations and are hoping they will be completed soon! We would love for all our guests to be able to experience our new rooms! Also thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our associates! I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future (and hopefully into one of our newly renovated rooms!).

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and like my stay. I like the area and easy to walk to many shops and restaurants. What I did not know when I booked was that they have been busy with renovations. They got it right! I loved my room very fresh and appealing. Bed and bedding was exceptional. Staff very helpful and friendly. Even a crystal ball chandelier in my room! Check it out you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words towards our hotel and associates! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! We have certainly come along way with them! The crystal ball in the rooms really adds to the chic style we are aiming for! Again thank you so much for your great feedback, and we cant wait to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

OK it would have gotten one star except the staff is wonderful...The Hotel is worn out..The rooms are small and they only have valet parking for $27.00 per night. I would expect this kind of room at a Day's Inn but ugh this place is really a poor excuse for a 4 star hotel. Lots of other hotels in as good or better location for a lot less money...Only stayed here because our booked hotel water supply broke so they moved us here. Our previous 3 star hotel DuFort was far superior but now is closing for good. The hallways are narrow and ours was substantially blocked by a roll-away bed...So far for only about 6 hours but no movement is apparent for now.

Room Tip: They may have better rooms but we never saw one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank begoldbelair
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I apologize that the rooms were not up to par. I would like to inform you that the hotel is in fact going through a complete renovations including all rooms and public areas. I can assure you that our property will look completely different and up to brand standards. In terms of the issue you encountered with the cot, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I have informed the department head about the matter and she is dealing with it in the appropriate fashion to ensure it does not arise again. We thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. I was here for business and the room was booked and paid for by the company I was a guest of. Not really impressed by the quality of the rooms although the staff was very nice and pleasant. I want to give it a lower score but "poor" is too harsh, just inadequate.

I must have not gotten a renovated room because the bathroom was terrible. The shower head had NO pressure, it was a trickle and it took forever to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair. The toilet ran constantly and on the first day, the sink wouldn't drain because the stopper wouldn't stay open. I stuck a plastic drink stirrer under the stopper to keep it open, and the maid must have gotten the hint because the next morning the stopper was fixed.

I didn't sleep at all the 4 nights I was there because the beds were rock solid. I tossed and turned all the nights I was there and woke with a sore back, shoulders, and neck.

I ordered room service one night because I was tired and didn't feel like going out. The hotel room service is provided by an Italian restaurant next door called RIDI. I totally understand that room service is expensive and it is mainly for convenience, so I was prepared to pay too much for what I got, except what I got was so much less than appropriate. I'll attach a photo of my meal- I got pasta and dessert. It was $50, which would have been OK if the portion was bigger, if it came with bread and butter, and if the server had been nice enough to add a glass of tap water, some salt and pepper, and maybe a side of parmesean. Once you see the photo, you'll know what I mean. I was appalled to pay $50 for my meal. Angry, even.

Otherwise, it's in a good location. But for me, someone who has to travel a lot for work, the comfort of the bed and the ability to take a relaxing long shower mean everything in a hotel to me and Le Meridien Versailles didn't cut it, at all.

Dear Guests,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Firstly, in terms of the room, we apologize that it was not up to par. We are going through a complete renovations of the hotel, only 3 floors have been completed. All rooms including bathrooms, will be remodelled. The renovation does include new beds that are up to our brand standard. Upon your next stay, please contact me and I will ensure you are put in a renovated room.

We apologize for the issues you encountered in the washroom. The message was passed on to the Director of Maintenance that will ensure all the issues are resolved. We would also like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant for the room service. The restaurant is not owned by the hotel, but I will definitely ensure the message is passed on to the chef to ensure that this problem does not occur in the future.

Please let us know the next time you decide to travel to Montreal, I will ensure that you have a great stay with us.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent location and access to the many areas of Montreal we wanted to explore. Terrific service. We would stay here again without question. Our only concern was that the heater did not work in our room, but this was quickly addressed when we spoke with the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about your stay with us, we value all our guests opinion. I am glad to hear that the heating situations was rectified after speaking with our staff. We hope that you will stay with us in the near future and enjoy our property and city! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contacts us.