“Amazing Staff”

Ranked #65 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Staff”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I was in town for a business conference and couldn't stay at the conference hotel; found the Le Meridien on Expedia. My room was really dated; I felt like I was in the 80's and that's being generous. The staff; absolutely amazing! Door man attentive and recognized me after the second day and the front desk staff always smiling asking how things were going. I went out for a late night walk and even the night people were super friendly (not the case I normally find). I hope they spruce up the place and next time I'm in town I may just choose to stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CanadianMom125
SandieLeMeridien, Public Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! I would like to inform you that we are in fact undergoing renovations at the moment! We have completed 4 floors and will continue onto the next levels! After all rooms are completed the lobby entrance will also be renovated! I do hope you will return in the future to be able to experience our new rooms!

I would like to also thank you for your very kind word towards all our associates! They take great pride in their work. I will be sure to pass along all notes!

Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Great hotel in a great location, hotel is under renovation so beware if you do not have a renovated room it is a bit drab. Once the place is done this is a gem. The gym is non-existent . restaurant is nice. Staff is warm and friendly !!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review! We are in fact undergoing renovations and are hoping they will be completed soon! We would love for all our guests to be able to experience our new rooms! Also thank you for taking the time to write such nice things about our associates! I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future (and hopefully into one of our newly renovated rooms!).
YYC
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few years ago and like my stay. I like the area and easy to walk to many shops and restaurants. What I did not know when I booked was that they have been busy with renovations. They got it right! I loved my room very fresh and appealing. Bed and bedding was exceptional. Staff very helpful and friendly. Even a crystal ball chandelier in my room! Check it out you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words towards our hotel and associates! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! We have certainly come along way with them! The crystal ball in the rooms really adds to the chic style we are aiming for! Again thank you so much for your great feedback, and we cant wait to welcome you back in the future!
Bel Air
Reviewed October 6, 2013

OK it would have gotten one star except the staff is wonderful...The Hotel is worn out..The rooms are small and they only have valet parking for $27.00 per night. I would expect this kind of room at a Day's Inn but ugh this place is really a poor excuse for a 4 star hotel. Lots of other hotels in as good or better location for a lot less money...Only stayed here because our booked hotel water supply broke so they moved us here. Our previous 3 star hotel DuFort was far superior but now is closing for good. The hallways are narrow and ours was substantially blocked by a roll-away bed...So far for only about 6 hours but no movement is apparent for now.

Room Tip: They may have better rooms but we never saw one.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank begoldbelair
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize that the rooms were not up to par. I would like to inform you that the hotel is in fact going through a complete renovations including all rooms and public areas. I can assure you that our property will look completely different and up to brand standards. In terms of the issue you encountered with the cot, I do apologize for the inconvenience. I have informed the department head about the matter and she is dealing with it in the appropriate fashion to ensure it does not arise again. We thank you again for sharing your feedback.

Sandie Moran

Travelers are raving about these Montreal hotels

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights. I was here for business and the room was booked and paid for by the company I was a guest of. Not really impressed by the quality of the rooms although the staff was very nice and pleasant. I want to give it a lower score but "poor" is too harsh, just inadequate.

I must have not gotten a renovated room because the bathroom was terrible. The shower head had NO pressure, it was a trickle and it took forever to be able to get the shampoo out of my hair. The toilet ran constantly and on the first day, the sink wouldn't drain because the stopper wouldn't stay open. I stuck a plastic drink stirrer under the stopper to keep it open, and the maid must have gotten the hint because the next morning the stopper was fixed.

I didn't sleep at all the 4 nights I was there because the beds were rock solid. I tossed and turned all the nights I was there and woke with a sore back, shoulders, and neck.

I ordered room service one night because I was tired and didn't feel like going out. The hotel room service is provided by an Italian restaurant next door called RIDI. I totally understand that room service is expensive and it is mainly for convenience, so I was prepared to pay too much for what I got, except what I got was so much less than appropriate. I'll attach a photo of my meal- I got pasta and dessert. It was $50, which would have been OK if the portion was bigger, if it came with bread and butter, and if the server had been nice enough to add a glass of tap water, some salt and pepper, and maybe a side of parmesean. Once you see the photo, you'll know what I mean. I was appalled to pay $50 for my meal. Angry, even.

Otherwise, it's in a good location. But for me, someone who has to travel a lot for work, the comfort of the bed and the ability to take a relaxing long shower mean everything in a hotel to me and Le Meridien Versailles didn't cut it, at all.

Dear Guests,

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Firstly, in terms of the room, we apologize that it was not up to par. We are going through a complete renovations of the hotel, only 3 floors have been completed. All rooms including bathrooms, will be remodelled. The renovation does include new beds that are up to our brand standard. Upon your next stay, please contact me and I will ensure you are put in a renovated room.

We apologize for the issues you encountered in the washroom. The message was passed on to the Director of Maintenance that will ensure all the issues are resolved. We would also like to apologize on behalf of the restaurant for the room service. The restaurant is not owned by the hotel, but I will definitely ensure the message is passed on to the chef to ensure that this problem does not occur in the future.

Please let us know the next time you decide to travel to Montreal, I will ensure that you have a great stay with us.

Montreal
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Excellent location and access to the many areas of Montreal we wanted to explore. Terrific service. We would stay here again without question. Our only concern was that the heater did not work in our room, but this was quickly addressed when we spoke with the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review about your stay with us, we value all our guests opinion. I am glad to hear that the heating situations was rectified after speaking with our staff. We hope that you will stay with us in the near future and enjoy our property and city! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contacts us.

Weatogue, Connecticut
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visit Montreal every September and have stayed here for several days at a time for the last 4 years. It is not opulent by any means--the lobby is postcard-sized--but the staff is welcoming and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and affordable (especially if you are a Starwood member and use Cash & Points), and the location cannot be beat. It is just a couple of blocks to a Metro stop, walking distance to Crescent, St. Catherine, tons of restaurants and shops, and the art museums. The staff informed us that it will be undergoing renovations from top to bottom so by next fall I expect it will be upgraded nicely. Regardless, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Great bakery/cafe a block up Sherbrooke called OPlaisirs where you can start the day with excellent...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review towards our hotel and associates! I am extremely happy to see how loyal you're with us! Our associates will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed their service so much! That is in fact correct, we are undergoing renovations at the moment. All guests rooms will be completed first, and then we will move on to the other areas of the hotel such as the lobby. I cant wait for you to come back and enjoy our newly renovated rooms and hotel! Again thank you for very much for your loyalty and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back!