“Cozy hotel in a great location”

Le Meridien Versailles
Ranked #65 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We visit Montreal every September and have stayed here for several days at a time for the last 4 years. It is not opulent by any means--the lobby is postcard-sized--but the staff is welcoming and attentive, the rooms are comfortable and affordable (especially if you are a Starwood member and use Cash & Points), and the location cannot be beat. It is just a couple of blocks to a Metro stop, walking distance to Crescent, St. Catherine, tons of restaurants and shops, and the art museums. The staff informed us that it will be undergoing renovations from top to bottom so by next fall I expect it will be upgraded nicely. Regardless, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: Great bakery/cafe a block up Sherbrooke called OPlaisirs where you can start the day with excellent...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review towards our hotel and associates! I am extremely happy to see how loyal you're with us! Our associates will be very happy to hear that you enjoyed their service so much! That is in fact correct, we are undergoing renovations at the moment. All guests rooms will be completed first, and then we will move on to the other areas of the hotel such as the lobby. I cant wait for you to come back and enjoy our newly renovated rooms and hotel! Again thank you for very much for your loyalty and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back!

There are newer reviews for Le Meridien Versailles

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at the Le Meridien for 3 nights and enjoyed it. The location was perfect and in short distance to most of the main attractions (helped by the fact that the subway was so close)

The reception area was very small, as was the gym. But my room, whilst quite dated, was very comfortable and quiet.

All in all, I would definitely recommend the Le Meridien if you are staying in Montreal for a vacation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review towards our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us. I would like to mention that we are undergoing renovations at the moment and have almost completed our 3 floor. The next areas will be the public areas (i.e.. lobby, gym, business center). I do hope you will return next time you're in Montreal and be able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms. Again I would sincerely like to thank you for your feedback, and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice European style hotel near the Museum of Fine Art. We had a junior suite--good space but the furniture was a little worn. I’m sure the renovated rooms are fine. My major quibble with the hotel is the AC system. ours produced either frigid air or none at all and had trouble holding a comfortable temperature. The staff was uniformly helpful and friendly. The hotel has a tiny lobby so there’s no public space but it does have an upscale Italian restaurant on the first floor and there are numerous restaurants within walking distance. I’m not sure that the hotel fits with other, more lavish, Le Méridien hotels that we’ve stayed in, but the pleasant Euro vibe means I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent feedback towards your experience with us. I am glad to hear that our associates were able to accommodate you during your stay. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the problems with your a/c, we are in the process of having them changed over. I would also like to mention that we are undergoing renovations at the moment as well! All the guest rooms will be done ( 2 floors completed so far) and then the lobby area will be done. We will be expanding the lobby/ public area to make it more larger for our guests. I do hope that you will return to us once our renovations have been completed! Again I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We spent 4 nights at this hotel and it was excellent. The first night we had a room on the top floor and we could hear the hum from the machinery in the roof. It probably wouldn't bother most people but I am such a light sleeper. The room itself was really nice and we had such an amazing view of the mountain and interesting buildings. I hated to give the room up but I needed better sleep. The next day the staff took incredibly good care of us to make sure we were moved to a quiet room on the 6th floor. This new room was also really nice. It had updated super modern decor and a spa tub which we enjoyed. The view was still very nice and we could still see some of the mountain and buildings. The staff was great. Always very friendly and helpful. They took great care of us. The hotel is very clean. The location was awesome. There were places we could walk to to get food, groceries, beer and drinks out. Walking distance to Crescent Street which is fabulous for dining and drinks. Only two blocks from a subway stop which made it very easy to get around the city. An overall fabulous stay. We didn't want to check out! We loved this hotel and will stay here again when visiting Montreal.

Room Tip: When visiting Montreal, the subway is amazing and a great way to get around. Buy the several day pas...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback towards our hotel. I am extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience here with us and that we were able to few our newly renovated rooms. I would like to apologize for having to switch rooms. I do hope that you will return in the future once all renovations have been completed and enjoy everything else we have to offer! Again thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel is tucked away in the "artsy" area of the city. The staff is excellent. Fluent in several languages and very helpful. The lobby is small, however, as are the rooms. The room had a large safe to store valuables. The tiny elevator smelled of paint fumes, which we were told was due to the renovations. Still, it was difficult to breathe at times. The place was comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Wifi was included, but breakfast was not.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback towards your recent stay! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us (minus the smell of renovations). I would like to apologize for that, it is true we are undergoing renovations at the moment and we try are hardest to make sure that it doesn't ruin our guests experience. I would like to again apologize for the smell. I do hope that you will return to us in the future once our renovations have been completed! Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feddback1

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The staff here were phenomenal - upbeat, friendly, very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is located right by the Musee des Beaux Arts. The restaurant breakfast is probably not worth the price, but there are many nearby restaurants and coffee shops. I would stay here again in a second. Big appreciation for staff here.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DaisyKatz

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words towards our hotel and associates! I am very glad to hear that they were able to accommodate you during your stay! Unfortunately the restaurant is a third party to us, as we do not own them but I will make sure the Chef gets the feedback. Again I would like to thank you for your very nice feedback towards your recent experience with us! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Feels more like a European hotel than a Canadian once, which makes for a great Montreal experience (though means smaller rooms than you may be used to). The staff was extremely helpful with all aspects of the trip, and went above and beyond to ensure a great stay.

I stayed on a renovated floor, so the hotel did not feel dated to me as other reviewers have said, and was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback towards your most recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our property and our assoicates. I will be sure to pass along the kind words towards all assoicates. I am also happy to hear that you were able to experience one of our newly renovated rooms. Again I would like to thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!