Le Meridien Versailles
$307
Orbitz.com
$377
  • Pool
All reviewsguy concordia metro stationboutique hotelvalet parkingupgraded to a junior suitesherbrooke streetfront desk staffregular rooman upgradecorner roomking bedflat screen tvdowntown montreallocation is greatbooked this hotelroom was largesmall hotelmcgill university
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Just returned home from a weekend in Montreal with my friend for a girls weekend. This hotel gets A+ all around in my books. They were extremely accommodating getting us early check in and late check out on short notice. Hotel room was big with two double beds we were more than comfortable. The staff here are the best I've come across, extremely helpful and eager to make sure you have everything you need. The location is great, not smack in the middle of the downtown rush but a 5 minute walk to the main attractions. Tons of restaurants and shops in the area. Free wifi in the rooms was an added bonus. I would recommend this place to anyone traveling to Montreal who wants the upscale feeling without breaking the bank. We signed up for the SPG program and intend to take advantage of it again :)

• Stayed: July 2013
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Hi, thank you for your feedback from your recent stay! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us, also that are associates were able to accommodate you! It's nice to see that you enjoyed your girls weekend away and that we could be a part of it and make it a better experience. Again I would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for several nights. The staff was accomodating and friendly. The valet parking helped as well to avoid paying larger prices on nearby garages. There is a decent cafe around the corner--down the hill from the hotel. Most importantly for us, the hotel was pet friendly and accomodated us in one of the rooms. They allowed us to workout and use the sauna at the hotel across the street that is associated with the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Hi thank you very much for your kind words towards our hotel associates! I am very glad to see that they were able to take of you during your journey with us. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your experience in Montreal, and we hope to welcome you back in the future! Again I would like to thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while in Montreal recently. It should be said that this is an old building, and I was really surprised to see how tiny the lobby is. The staff were young, friendly and helpful, and I completely agree with the person who's review stated that they "deserve a better hotel".

We did have a junior suite, in a corner. It was pretty huge and had wrap around windows, two comfy sofas and a really nice view. That was a pleasant surprise. The bathroom was small, but what I liked about the tub area was the space at the end of the tub to put toiletries and towels, and they wouldn't get wet from the shower. The shower was also really good. Old fixtures, but good pressure.

The bed was pretty hard, and the pillows felt like cheap foam. For someone who isn't a good sleeper to begin with, this was really not fun! My husband, who can generally sleep anywhere without a problem, also noted several times that it was way too hard for him. This is probably my biggest complaint.

We didn't eat at the hotel, but we did attempt to go for drinks at the hotel bar (which had a sign out front stating that they were open until 11pm), but they were closing up early (it was 9 something I think) because no one was there. That was disappointing.

All in all, it was certainly not the worst hotel by any stretch, and though it's in a good location, I think we will probably choose somewhere else next time we are in Montreal.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments concerning our associates, we are indeed very happy to have such a wonderful team.

I do want to advise you that the hotel is currently undergoing renovations, where the complete design and décor of the bedrooms will be completed by the end of 2013. Being a boutique hotel, expanding the size of the bedrooms or bathrooms is not possible, but they will have all new furnishings and fixtures.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

S.Moran

Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is worn out and very much in need of a complete overhaul. The public areas barely had any air conditioning. The room was an executive junior suite with a King bed. The bed was comfortable but the furnishings and bathroom were very dated--sometime in the 80's.
The breakfast was so bad it was laughable. There was canned fruit and processed cheese and some cheap institutional whipped butter and condiments and sliced white bread and poor quality croissants and ham. Everything was covered as there were flies buzzing around. The espresso was very good and the servers were pleasant. One positive--the employees were all professional and helpful and could not have tried harder to please. We only stayed here as we are Platinum with Starwood and trying to attain the 75 night status. This hotel should not be affiliated with Starwood.

Room Tip: Don't stay here is you want a good room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Justine W

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent comments concerning your stay. I do apologize for not meeting your expectations. It is obvious that we did not inform you of the current renovations taking place; we are actually redoing all the bedrooms with the design of Starwood for the LM Brand. I sincerely hope that you will come back to provide us with a chance to renew your faith in our Brand. We are about offering a lifestyle journey to all of our guests and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to provide you with that upon your next visit. The restaurant is a third party and I do agree that your comments also reflect poorly on us. I can assure you that I will be forwarding these comments to them in order for them to collaborate with us. On behalf of our associates, Thank you for acknowledging their services,
Hoping to welcome you back soon.!

S.Moran

Reviewed July 8, 2013

First, two disclaimers. 1. I often stay at this hotel because it's in a great location and usually the best SPG deal in Montreal. 2. Yes, it's in dire need of renovation, but they have just started the process, so I was excited to see how it would turn out.

So, just stayed there this past weekend - from July 4 to July 7.

I checked in a bit early, but was told my room was ready and I had been upgraded to a room on the 5th floor - the first floor that had been renovated. I'm SPG Gold, and usually get upgraded here. The woman at the desk was friendly and check-in was quick.

I went up to the room, and immediately noticed a couple of things.

Yes, I guess I'd been upgraded because the room had been renovated, but it was the same small room I'd reserved - small bed, no proper sitting area like I usually get with the upgrades here.

The main plus is that the room did look very nice. Lighter fabrics and carpeting than in the other rooms, new bedding, new curtains. Definitely looked more modern.

But bear in mind this was only a cosmetic renovation. The bathroom was still tiny and though it had new paint and wallpaper, the marble was the same drab brown marble as it had been before - which now doesn't match the rest of the room. They didn't even replace the bathroom door - the paint barely covered years of dings and dents.

The air conditioning cycles on and off, and bangs on with a loud clank when it turns on. Would have been nice if the renovation had upgraded the units.

They missed the mark on key details. There is no overhead reading light for the bed. Next to the bed was a lamp with a dim bulb, and a weird chandelier hanging at waist height on the other side. The chandelier had dozens of small round pieces of glass on it, so when you tried to read, the light across your book or magazine was in millions of oddly colored circles. So yeah, the light looked great but wasn't exactly functional.

The one place they did seem to do a bit of construction was in the closet. They took half the space away for a few decorative shelves, and left about a foot of hanging space. A single foot of hanging space. I didn't need it this trip - summer means t-shirts, but in the winter and if two were in that room, there wouldn't be anywhere to hang your clothes and coats. Again, the shelves looked nice and clean, but weren't functional.

The safe was on the floor of the closet, and not bolted down. Maybe they haven't gotten to putting the safe in the right place yet? I had to lie on the floor to use it.

Couple of other things.

The room smelled of paint. The price you pay for a new room but if that bothers you, ask first, as they will be renovating for a year I was told.

Also - construction noise. They were working on the room above mine, so all afternoon on the 4th I heard hammering and drilling. It stops at 4 pm. The next morning, at 7 am, I was woken up with more hammering and drilling. The work had begun again. I went downstairs, and asked to be moved to a room that wasn't near construction. The clerk was super helpful, and within 90 minutes, I was in a room on the 14th floor. It hadn't been renovated, but was clean and quiet - and was twice as big as the first room.

Hopefully they can rethink some of the design decisions in the new rooms so that they're well thought out vs. just looking good.

And buyer beware - ask at check-in where the construction will be in relation to your room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo