“Outstanding customer service”

Le Meridien Versailles
Ranked #67 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My sisters, mother and I stayed at the Meridien Versailles in MTL on May 9th to see the Canadiens' playoff game. We interacted with 6 or 7 staff during the stay, and each time I was bowled over by their friendliness and helpfulness. They upgraded us to a better (very nice) room, and catered to all of our needs (brought parcels up from the car, extra bed, fixed broken key in bar fridge, gave directions to the game, mailed items we'd forgotten in the closet). Whoever is choosing and managing the staff must be doing a great job, because you don't get consistently over-performing service like that by accident.

Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable - we will stay there next time too!

DW

Room Tip: We got a corner room - maybe ask for that?
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
SandieLeMeridien, Guest Relations Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Hi Thank you for your very kind words towards our hotel and staff! I am happy to see that our staff was able to take care of all your needs during your journey with us. I will be sure to pass along the kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the futur!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed at the LeMeridien Versaille for two nights while I was in Montreal for business. The hotel is small, but located close to McGill and Concordia Universties, Cresset Street restaurants and the Art Museum.

Prior to checking in I took advantage of an online upgrade through an email that was sent to me from the hotel. I was disappointed in the upgrade since the room that I was assigned was literally right next to the elevator - get off the elevator turn 45 degrees and there was my room. As a female travelling alone (which they should have noticed form my reservation) I thought it poor form to have my upgrade be directly next to the elevator. I was also disappointed that my room, although spacious looked out onto a brick wall with absolutely no view beyond that.

The other sticking point was the bathroom, which had a very odd set up, the toilet was so close to the bath that you nearly had to climb over the tiolet to get into the shower and when the bathroom door was open the shower was completely inaccessible. Very strange and not laid out well at all. I also had a terrible time getting hot water to pour from the sink and the shower, one night the sink would only pour freezing cold water no how long I turned the hot water on for and both times that I took showers I only had hot water for the first part of my shower, with cold water blasting out from the shower head (which was also terrible) without any warning. I was also told that my toiletries would be upgraded with my upgrade, but I was just given the generic hotel shampoo - conditioner, etc. And the hair dryer worked somewhat, taking forever to dry my hair after each cold shower (like five times longer to dry hair than it should have).

The hotel also lacked some of the simple things that one looks for in a hotel like water and coffee in the lobby, a full time bellman, vanity packs/shower caps in the bathroom. I am not terribly familiar with the hotels in Montreal, but on my next trip I will try someplace else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank julieb10204

Hi, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your experience with us was went. I am very upset to hear that we didnt meet your expectations. The upgrade that you did take brings you up to the higher floors with a more spacious room. We do in fact serve coffee in the lobby but only untill 7am for the early risers but with the restaurant opening at 7am you than have access to coffee and tea's there! I am sorry to hear that the bellman were not around when you were in the lobby! As we do have 2 properties they do have to control both sides! I do hope you will return to us once our renovations have been completed!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is not large, as others have noted, but that isn't a bad thing. The lobby is cozy, not cavernous, but the room we stayed in was roomy, up-to-date and very pleasant. The front desk staff were all helpful and friendly - we were upgraded without asking. The fitness room is likewise small, no pool and only 3 machines and weights. The location is great, walking distance from museums, metro and more great restaurants than you could eat at in a year. Overall, we really enjoyed being at a small and friendly place and not a cookie-cutter chain hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello, thank you very much for your kind words towards the hotel! I am glad to see that you enjoyed your experience with us here at Le Meridien Versailles! I will be sure to pass along the kind words to our staff as well! We are a smaller hotel, but we do try and give you a great experience with us! I do hope you will return once we have finished our renovations to give you a new journey!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Like other reviewers, if you shop around you can get three nights for under $270. The location is great, close to Crescent, Bishop for nice local walks. On bus routes, ans two blocks to Bank of Montreal for (Canadian) cash from your own bank at $2.50. We came via Amtrak - $10 cab ride for a 12 block ride. Nice LG flat screen TV, clean room, nice experiance. Great value too !!!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor - small gym with equipment, ice machine on floor six. Also, several 24 hou...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have travelled to this hotel in the beginning of March 2013 from Toronto by Megabus. I booked this hotel through Hotwire and we got it for 3 nights for $63.00 a night. I think with transportation and hotel for three days we payed about $270.00 per two people which was amazing. This hotel is located about a 5-10 min cab drive from the Metro Bonaventure Station where the Megabus boards. It is about a 2 minute flom from Station Guy so transportation wise it is very great. It is a smaller hotel but deffinetly meets the four star criteria. Our room was somewhat small but humble and came with everything we needed. An ensuite bathroom with a bathtub, a closet that included an iron, ironing board and about 10 wooden hangers and of course a bed to die for. The mattress, blanket and pillows (four of them for 2 ppl) were so comfortable that I could not wait to get into bed every night. The tv was a flat screen tv and had plenty of english and french channels. The mini fridge was stocked full but you did have to pay for it all. We did not use the stuff in the minifridge as the convinience store is right outside the hotel and has everything you could possibly want in snacks. Le Meridien Versailles is not 100 % centrally but is in walking distance to everything. I haven't checked out the gym or the breakfast section of this hotel as we did not have enough time but we did walk to the shopping district and the arts place about 10-15 min away. Besides maybe updating the rims of the wallpaper, at 63.00 dollars a night this hotel exceeded mine and my boyfriends expectations. I will deffinetly be going back to Le Meridien Versailles again.

Room Tip: I think that all rooms should be ok as the walls are soundproof and we did not hear any noise during...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The lobby has been renovated, but it looks like a really poor attempt to be trendy. The rooms are completely outdated with old lamps, yucky bed spreads and wall paper that's falling off the walls. It's a weird mix of modern vs. old victorian (grandma styles). There was a beer cap on the floor in our bathroom when we arrived in our room, the hallways smelled like smoke and there was green tape on the walls to hold up the falling down wallpaper. The staff was pleasant and the location is ideal, however I would not stay here again, or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

WE arrived at the hotel April 1 to go to a Habs game (Canadiens), for those who don't follow hockey. The room was not what we asked for, we needed 2 beds, got one bed in the room. A little crowded for 4 of use, 2 adults and 2 adult kids. Ok we cheeped out and only got one room! Any way, went down to the front desk and they took responsibility for the screw up right away and gave us an executive room on the 12 floor. Very nice room, wow!

You have to pay for parking, 27 dollars however when my daughter forgot her wallet in the car they went and brought it up for her.

We will stay there again when in Montreal and you should as well.

Cheers

Room Tip: Just ask for an upgrade.... by the way we booked through priceline.ca and paid under $ 100.00 a grea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family