“Pleasant stay. Quiet charming neighborhood”

Le Meridien Versailles
Ranked #71 of 166 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Checked in late after leaving a terrible hotel experience elsewhere. The front desk agent was friendly and recommended restaurants open in area for delivery. And provided menus. Received an upgrade to executive room upon checkin, which was nice and appreciated. Room was great size. And clean. Decor and wallpaper dated but room was still comfortable and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bath amentities were good quality. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It means a lot to our associates who work extremely hard and enjoy their career path.

You will be happy to hear that we will be completing a room renovation by the end of 2013 to offer a superior level of comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Best Regards

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had booked at another hotel that was unexpectedly closed. We were moved to LeMeridien, and we were happy that we did. Staff was very courteous, helpful and professional. Breakfast in the restaurant was good. We did not spend much time in our room, but we were in Montreal to see the sights. Although the room and bathroom were small, they were clean and updated. We would recommend this hotel to others and consider staying again ourselves. Thanks for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stayed at this property during the kids' March Break. I had stayed here for Business before and decided to return with the family. I love this hotel as it reminds me a bit of the European hotel - except for much larger room and cheaper rate.

Check-in was smooth and staff was very friendly. During our afternoon nap, our kids smelled some cigarette smoke started to permeate the room. We reported to the front desk and it was amended right away. We were offered to switch room and decided to stay as the smell had dissipated after our dinner. However, the front desk staff was nice enough to ask and offer again to switch should the problem persist.

The car valet service/door men also deserve credit. While I was checking out, car was retrieved and luggage was loaded without asking.

If there is one improvement I can suggest is to ask guests about their preference on high/low floor. In our case, we got upgraded to a suite and it would been really nice to have stayed on high floor - away from the street and bus noise. By the time we went to the room, after 5 hrs of driving, we didn't feel like switching. But I will sure to make that request during my next stay at this wonderful property.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was recommended by a friend and we couldn't be happier. Great location. We took advantage of the valet and walked everywhere. We able to walk to dinner, breakfast and even a conveniently located SAQ for a bottle of wine. The Metro is a couple blocks away. Fantastic staff. The front desk personnel were always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a Jr Suite which was spacious with great views. A huge "Thank you!" to management for the upgrade. We will definitely be bringing our daughter with us next time.

Room Tip: Eighth floor Jr Suite is a corner room that is private and quiet with great views
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
SandieLeMeridien, General Manager at Le Meridien Versailles, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy that you enjoyed yourself in Montreal, and hopefully we can expect you and your daughter back in the summer, when walking around will be most pleasurable.

Best Regards,

S. Moran
GM

Reviewed March 7, 2013

As the hotel already knows, features and specifics of the rooms are getting old. Thus, the hotel is already under renovations.

I loved the art part of the hotel. They have beautiful paintings for sale and they change them every 3 months. So in a way it was like a gallery. They have also contacts with museums of the city and they encourage us to go and visit by giving free passes.

The service was in general was good. Maybe a few downs regarding the arrival which was done in a little rush despite nobody was around. Then some issues with the quality and the cleanness of the room were partiality solved although I would of rather not to have those complaints in the first place.

Even those bad things, I felt that the hotel really tried to make it up and do something about it so it doesn't happen again. They contacted me apologizing as well a few times to make sure that I know about their awareness to the issues and their appreciation for sharing them.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank German C

Dear Guest,

Again, we really did appreciate you taking the time to fill in the guests experience survey, without that we could not improve. . We are taking the necessary steps to ensure that the next time you stay with us it will be consistent and smooth sailing! Hope you do come back our next vernisage is April 4th, 2013 hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
S.Moran
GM

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first time at this hotel, it's an older hotel, service and hospitality though were up to Starwood hotels standards. No real amenities for Gold or Platinum members, I was told the hotel was too small to have a club lounge but it was very clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just came back from my Montreal trip and I stayed here for 1 night with my girlfriend.

Hotel was easy to locate and the side street/valet parking signs were clear and non-confusing, even to first time Montreal travellers like us. Hotel check in was very fast and efficient. The front desk lady and gentleman were very well trained and courteous. He even asked if it was our first time in Montreal and gave us a map. He even offered to show us where we could go and the nearest attractions.

Since I went to Mount Tremblant before this trip, I had my board and other luggages in my car, so I opt the valet parking for safety reason. Valet parking were very nice and fast. Calling them was no problem and within 10 minutes, the car was waiting for us by the corner valet street parking area.

We first went to the 5th floor and found that our room was a two double bed room. We went down to the lobby and asked if there was a king size or queen size bed. The lady was very helpful and gave us 2 choices, a 3rd floor with no view or 10th floor deluxe queen room, but the catch was that it's located beside the elevator. She warned us that it's not suitable for 'light sleepers'. We ended up taking the 10th floor deluxe room.

There were no signs on where the ice machine was located (6th floor), so we had to go down to find out. We could have called from the room, but we felt like exploring this newly renovated hotel. Besides, the service were spot on, so we didn't mind asking in person.

The deluxe room was very nice, with darker furnitures and it was a bit more spacious. The bed was very comfortable and it reminded me of the best hotel bed I've ever stayed at (Four Seasons). Pillows were perfectly soft. Everything seems very straightforward and clean. The washroom/bathroom/restroom had all the necessary amenities and plenty of towels. I specially enjoyed reading the flyer that came in a nice grey open envelope. It's hard to describe it, but it was a very nice touch that made the room very luxurious.

During our stay, we found that due to scheduled maintenance, the hotel will have no access to water from 10am to 7pm. It was a little uncomfortable but there were nothing anybody can do. We did receive a phone call around 5pm informing us that the water is running and that hot water will take a little bit longer. I'm not sure if it's because of this inconvenience, we saw a lot of complimentary bottles of water and free illy coffee at the lobby, something we didn't find there the next day.

The only complain I have is the heater noise. I didn't mind the elevator since I'm a sound sleeper, but whenever the heater turned on, it was LOUD. The AC/heating control was easy to use and comfortably located, but perhaps they can invest on an upgrade on the machine itself.

Check out was very smooth and efficient. They didn't make me wait and processing the extra valet parking fee of $27 was very fast and smooth. Everyone had a smile on their face and it most certainly felt very personal, in a good way.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple