“The Cielo is the limit !!!”
Review of Cielo Tapas - CLOSED

Cielo Tapas
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Le Plateau Mont-Royal
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“The Cielo is the limit !!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This restaurant caught me off guard and pleasantly surprised me. The decor is intriguing and candy to the eye. The waiters are charming, knowledgeable and a delight to deal with. They seemed to be at the right place at the right time but out of your bubble. The food was sublime. The different dishes clashed together in a symphony. When you thought how does this go with that, after trying it you said hmmm, good combination. Cielo is celestial ! definitely a yes in my book !

• Visited April 2013

Montreal, Canada
“Good food under blue-starry decor”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Greeted like long-lost family our waiter the multilingual LUIS, led us to a cushy banquette. We we were discount -coupon people, and Luis treated us like royalty. Perfect wine selection, grilled garlic good-size shrimp and large caprese salad to start, I prefer the tomatoes cut thickly but that's me.
Bread basket and water continuous, without asking. Were not rushed at all (i hate that).
Fresh fish, bass, generous portion with a crudo tomatoe sauce, perfect rice and sculpted veg.
Lovely plate and my companion left not a crumb.
Ah! linguine pescatore , my go-to special meal, I mean all that work,,big shrimp, little shrimps, squid rings and mussels galore all around the big platter of al dente pasta..I tried but could not finish.
And Luis is back with the magic word: Chocolate souffle, with home-made vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and scattered blueberries, OUF! only ordered 1.
The coupon thing,the bill was clear, all explained, with tip included (only fair).

All and all we had a lovely dinner, BTW they say they have a terrace, but really it's just a few plastic tables on the boulevard, for after-work drinks watching the sun set, but not really for dining.

Grazie mille, merci beaucoup and thank you CIELO.
Next I will do the Tapas thing.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Came with a coupon, left impressed”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I saw that they had an offer online and bought the coupon since it came with a bottle of wine and that seemed like good value to me. I came with my wife last Friday night. Our coupon included one appetizer, a tapas two main courses and the bottle of wine. When i saw the food of a couple sitting nearby i knew i wanted to try some more. We had a cesar and caprini salad, both exceeding expectations, the endives were fresh and crunchy, making this a great surprise. Next for the tapas we shared a gnocchi truffle and were treated to an aromatic sensation., the gnocchi are light and fluffy and a great canvas for the truffle oil in the sauce. The main courses were risotto porcini and a grilled salmon, both plates were well flavored and nicely decorated. The bottle of wine was a nice private import called Cusumano that has nicely balanced and seemed like an excelent chice as i imagine it would go well with many different flavors. We finished by ordering a chocolate souflee which was exceptional. All around the meal was great and the fact that it was mostly covered by the coupon(since we did order some extras) makes it all the better. The restaurant was chic but not overly trendy with pleasing music in the background and very clean. Service was prompt and polite and the waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu and freindly. We had a great time and i will definitly be back! A must try if you enjoy eating in the plateau.

• Visited June 2013
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Tonight we went to Cielo with a Groupon Coupon. The service was awful! We will not ever go back again and I don't suggest it to anyone else. As soon as we said, we have a coupon, we were treated like prisoners who did something wrong. Nobody came to explain what are the menu items, even after we asked. Then after 10 min the waiter came and were somehow bullying to get the order as quick as possible. He said, we have 2 appetizers, 3 tapas and 2 desserts then I asked where are the desserts names or description and answered the desserts are in the kitchen. I thought maybe he is kidding and I tried to be nice. We ordered 2 appetizers and 3 tapas. The soup was good, but other than that, the food quality was not something special (just fair). We were not even finished, that the dishes were taken and they brought 2 surprise dessert, which we did not even like! We told the waiter that we haven't received any dessert menu and he angrily said that's the dessert for the people with coupon. But we said we could pay and again he angrily said sorry that's it!!? He did not even offered to change it EVEN IF WE PAY EXTRA! Finally he charged us 15% automatically for the tip. So now I know why they didn't have many customers even at a Friday night, TERRIBLE SERVICE, NOT IMPRESSIVE FOOD!

• Visited May 2013
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were beyond disapointed , too expensice for nothing, service by the guy was great, but the girl was very annoing. I had the mushrooms all white mushroom nothing special 8 dollars, the vegetables (2 slices of eggplant a piece of brocoli and red pepper 9 bucks , the gnoccis for 15 dollars were tasteless, the shrimps were hard as a rock the server gladly brought some others but they were hard too ( cant fool pple from maritines on see food) those were frozen, 4 for 14 bucks. Overall we will never go back, but the effort from the server was great he offered free dessert. I think he knew we werent impressed. I usually tip 30% but this time 15% and not more. Too expensive for the poor quality, and believe me, i am not cheap, but it wasnt worth it