“Pub/bar --- dynamic experience for young at heart.”
Review of Imadake

Imadake
Ranked #194 of 5,890 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Much better if you enjoy a drink or two or more :) sake bombs --- has to be seen to be experienced! Japanese pub food is delicious also. Need reservation or you may not get in. Fun and relaxed -- upbeat --- enjoy!

1  Thank Marty F

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went to Imadake in Montreal, after hearing so many good things about it. It's a Japanese restaurant, that serves it's dishes ''Tapas style''. The place is kind of loud, and the bar is very active. A lot of people seem to go there for the drinks more than the food. The food was hit or miss, some dishes were good/decent, others were average/not so good. Overall nothing really special, I would go back to try a few other dishes that looked good. But instead i highly recommend to go to Kazu instead, which is a proper japanese restaurant really close to Imadake and much much much better.

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I went there with friends because I heard about the sake bombs. we ordered a few tapas style entres (its pretty much just entre size) , deserts, had one I drink each and sake bombs. The food was very good but it can become pricey if you are very hungry. I loved everything we ordered and the deserts were very good too. I took the hello kitty drink and loved that. We also did sake bombs :I loved the experience but not so much the shot (i cant drink beer and its was sake over beer) my friends did like it though. Ill try asking them for one without beer next time. The service was slow but it was very crowded. Definetly make a reservation if you plan on going on the weekend. It's also very noisy with all the sake bomb shouting and the yelling when someone comes in. So keep it in mind if you want to catch up without yelling all night. We had a great time and I would definetly go back!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I don't care how good the food is, the noise level is so bad that we have vowed never to return to this place. People actually shout here and then the restaurant also plays loud music. This is just a "noisy place"....it is an obnoxiously noisy place. I just can't understand why anyone would want to eat in such an atmosphere. Shame on them.

4  Thank lulupearl
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

It's good experience for first time , but as I visited 5 times now i feel it's expensive and food quantity is less for the price
Quality of food is food and fun place to hang out with friends