“Amazing hotel with staff that really go the extra mile”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #2 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I booked this trip for a work team offsite, and had never stayed at the hotel, although the reviews were excellent. I had high expectations, and they were universally met or exceeded in every way. From the food (which was terrific), to the rooms we booked, to the hotel staff which went the extra mile every day we were there, I can't recommend this place highly enough!

One example of our experience was we had a few people at our meeting who wanted some Diet Coke, so one of the hotel staff ran to a local convenience store and bought several 2-liter bottles for us. Another time we were walked to the local pharmacy by the general manager of the hotel! This is the kind of service that only a boutique hotel like this can provide.

It was truly an exceptional experience, and the next time you are in Montreal, I highly recommend staying at the Hotel Gault in Vieux Montreal.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms at the hotel! We were very lucky, as our room was the onl...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Amir-Bakir, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share you recent axperience at Hotel Gault.

We constantly strive on guests' satisfaction and providing exceptional service. It is deeply satisfying to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Once again, our sincere thank you for your kind review. We cannot wait to welcome you back!

Front Office Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,391)

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The hotel is very well resoterd within its old walls and has a calm, modern and luxurious feel. Rooms were massive and comfortable. Service was impeccable.

Special thanks goes to Danny who helped us out a lot during my stay. We went fishing with colelagues over the weekend and caught about 12 Walley (doree) which we planned to serve as dinner to our other colleagues. Danny went out of his way to try and get this organised on a Sunday and kept the fish cold for us. It's something all other hotels in Montreal refused to do but really made our weekend, so a big thank you to the hotel and Danny!

Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I've had during by many business trips.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your attentive comments on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear that you received exceptional service from our team members as they are truely dedicated in providing a memorable experience. Be assured that your comments have been shared with the team, especially with Danny.

I look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Montréal.

Front Office Assistant Manager

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Whenever in Montreal we spend a night here. It's in a great location, close to many restaurants and in beautiful Old Montreal. The added touches such as music playing when entering the room, late night cookies and complimentary beverages when entering and exiting the hotel are truly exceptional. The rooms are gorgeous, clean and open. Everything in it's perfect place. I can't say enough about the staff. They have always been helpful and friendly, willing to assist with everything. Staying at Hotel Gault you are pampered, which everyone deserves every once and awhile!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Amir-Bakir, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault.

I am delighted to read that you always have a pleasant stay at our hotel. Your feedback and kind words keeps us dedicated towards seeking perfection. I will pass along your thoughtful review to the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you back in a near future!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel is located at the edge of Old Montreal.

Pros: It was a beautiful building. Our room was extremely spacious. There was lots of closet space. It would be great for a long-term business traveler. Breakfasts were delicious. One of the best cups of coffee ever.

Cons: the person serving breakfast the second morning did not offer more of the delicious coffee. Actually, he was pretty much missing-in-action the whole time. This was puzzling because the young woman who served us the first morning was quite attentive and returned with coffee several times. The room was sparsely furnished. A second chair (other than the desk chair) would have been nice. The toilet made lots of noise as the tank refilled. Not sure what that was all about. Probably some feature that saved water. :)

Room Tip: I'd requested a room on an upper floor because I was afraid there would be a lot of city street...

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault.

In hand, I am glad to read that you liked our accommodations and enjoyed breakfast and our freshly brewed coffee, and on another hand, I feel very sorry for what you experienced the following day. By sharing your impressions you help us to improve and eventually achieve perfection, and I thank you for that.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Gault for three nights this summer. The building itself is beautiful, and the modern interior feels spacious and elegant. We had a very large corner room on the second floor with three spectacular windows. I loved the decor, and how clean and spacious the room felt. The hotel is a few blocks off the tourist-craziness of Old Montreal, which makes for a lovely, quiet setting, in walking distance to both old and new parts of the city.

The service however, was what pushed our experience from great to over-the-top wonderful. It was clear that the staff knew who we were, and were consistent in checking to make sure that everything about our stay exceeded our expectations. Jonathan in particular was really wonderful. We will never stay anywhere else in Montreal. I cannot recommend Hotel Gault highly enough!

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault.

We constantly strive on guests' satisfaction and providing exceptional service. It is deeply satisfying to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and that we are your go to hotel in Montréal.

I will certainly share your compliments with our team so they know their efforts do not go unnoticed.

I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Montréal!

Reviewed August 11, 2014

The hotel is beautiful from the outside, to the lobby, and to the individual rooms. On arrival, I was treated to a cappuccino while they prepared my room. I was early. The cappuccino wasn't good, but it was a nice treat so I cannot complain. Plus, the staff were friendly. Entering the room, I was surprised to see just how super clean it actually was. If there had been a spot or speck in the entire place, I would have found it -- and I looked, but much to my satisfaction there wasn't. The room was immaculate. I went out for a bit and returned to find sweets left for me by the hotel management. Thank you! At night, the turn down service was amazing. It also included a bottle of water beside the bed. In fact, the service in general was amazing. I love that they had even prepared the bar for me including filling the bucket with ice. It's like they knew I would be drinking! The bed was inviting. I slept well. Overall, the furnishings were great. There was a ton of storage space in case you need it, though I only stayed 2 nights. The windows opened so I could enjoy some fresh air. The flowers in the mini-balconies were an especially nice touch. Fast forward. Checkout was also a breeze. They held onto my luggage while I enjoyed the rest of the day out and about in the city. On my return, Jonathan LeClerc. collected my bags, called a taxi to take me to the airport, and assisted with my bags. The entire staff is attentive, detail-oriented and friendly. I wish I could thank them each individually.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bougiesusie

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions from your recent stay at Hotel Gault.

I am thrilled to read that you had an exceptional stay with us while the décor and furniture were all to your likening. Also, that the staff, Hotel cleanliness and turn down down service all worked in harmony to provide you with a memorable stay.

I have passed on your kind words to our associates and they were proud to learn the news, specially Jon.

I look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of visiting the Gault for a short stay.

The hotel is in the Old Port area of Montreal on a quiet side street. No traffic, very nice area. You are only a block from rue McGill, but it feels much more intimate than that. It is an old building on the outside, but totally modern inside.

There is a small cafe area in the entry and large windows. Very sunny. There is valet parking available. Check-in was easy and very personal.

I've stayed in two different rooms. The Loft Deluxe and Junior Suite. Both were very nice, very clean. The larger of the two had a full bath with a separate tiled shower. The tub was huge. The smaller had a walk in shower, but no tub. Both bathrooms had a heated floor which would be great on cold Montreal nights.

The rooms have floor to ceiling windows that open allowing for fresh air.

Too many hotels lack space for you to unpack, but The Gault isn't one of them. The Junior Suite had large drawers and two cabinets built into the wall by the workspace. The Loft Deluxe had 2 cabinets for storage and a generous space for hanging clothes and shelves.

Free wi-fi that works well is hard to find, but not here. And there is no annoying portal so many hotels use. I didn't know that the hotel had iPads and a Media Library, I would have taken advantage of them. The room had a DVD player as well as an iPod dock, although not with a Lightning connector, so bring an adaptor.

I had special room requirements, and the staff took care of them to the letter. This is so hard to find, but that they got every detail right was wonderful. It removes so much stress. The staff was great, very helpful. The morning of my departure I had inquired at a local bakery about delivery and it arrived unexpectedly, but the staff paid for the delivery and added it to my portfolio. Just wonderful service and a pleasure to talk to.

I will definitely visit The Gault on a future trip to Montreal.

Room Tip: All the rooms open to quiet side streets and have large windows. The front of the hotel probably has...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tim P

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us while exploring the world of old Montréal. We will make sure to share your great comments with the entire team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future!