“I just discovered a gem... Can't wait to come back”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #3 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Montreal, Canada
“I just discovered a gem... Can't wait to come back”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I had the opportunity to book this hotel through Hotwire and I must say I was scared of the Number 5 rating on Tripadvisor (I am often disappointed with hotels that have a high ranking)...

Let me reassure you... it is not the care with this hotel! It is one of the best hotels I've ever been to in my life.

Here are the top reasons to come here...
1. Quality of the staff
1.1 I asked for 8 champagne glasses in advance and they were there when I checked-in
1.2 I have never met some room attendants that were so polite
1.3 Montreal had a cold spell (-40) and they put some extra covers on the bed (didn t even need to ask)

2. General feel of the hotel
2.1 The black and white pictures throughout the hotel are nice and bring a good vibe
2.2 Room 520 will give you a nice view of downtown
2.3 COnsidering there are only 30 rooms... you feel special

3. Location
3.1 Two steps away from the best restaurants in the old port and 5 minutes away from downtown
3.2 For the party scene - you have some excellent lounges that are 5 minutes away

You will not regret this hotel... enjoy Montreal!

Michael

Room Tip: rooms on the 5th floor have a private terrasse
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your praise and feedback from your recent stay with us. I am proud to learn that our team was successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and that we made you feel warm and welcome.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition as an upscale hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Front Desk and F&B Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portland, Maine
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Fantastic local, front desk had some great suggestions and helped weed out our to see/do/eat list. They were pretty full when we were there and you would never have known, very quiet, very stylish, very restful.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review of the Hotel Gault onTripAdvisor.

We're glad to know that you enjoyed stay with us and that our team yet again managed to provide a memorable experience.

Thank you for choosing the Hotel Gault, we look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.

Kindest regards,

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

It used to be a trendy hotel but has lost its lustre.
The staff is not friendly at all. While the room is well maintained, the beds need to be changed to compete with the Sofitel, Westin, Hotels Germain of this world. Very hard beds.
I won't be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Guillaumeleconqueran
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

Though, I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy the full hotel experience. We strive to the highest level of service and amenities and will take into consideration your comments as applicable. I am quite surprised about your comments about our staff and the quality of our beds. It does not reflect a normal guest experience here at the Gault. Could you please email me at smahu@hotelgault.com so I can understand what went wrong during your stay with us and follow up with you.

You are a valued guest and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Front desk and F&B Manager
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband and I booked the Hotel Gault for a weekend away in October. The location was perfect for walking and a short cab ride for those things we couldn't walk to. The open decor was very elegant and European feeling. We had two meals in the hotel restaurant, breakfast and a late afternoon snack, and the food was of high quality and nicely presented. The staff were amazingly friendly and went out of their way to look after all of our needs and then some. We loved our room, and so did our friends who dropped by for a glass of wine. We had a huge comfortable sitting room, surrounded by windows all of which opened. The open decor of the room was also very pleasing, with a creative layout, and the hardwood floors were a pleasure after too many carpets in hotels for too long. Comfortable beds, large modern bathroom... We will definitely go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you had a wonderful time at the Gault!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience on Trip Advisor,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Front desk and F&B Manager
Boston, Ma
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We were three couples staying at the Hotel Gault for Several nights in November. The hotel is located in old Montreal with many good restaurants in walking distance. The Metro is easily accessible. The exterior of the building is old world charm while the interior is cool contemporary. I liked the juxtaposition of old/new. The staff is very accommodating and welcoming. We found the rooms to be very comfortable and spacious. Great showers! The only negative is the floor covering which is hard to describe. This needs some upgrading, but I felt it was a minor point. Parking through the hotel is $32/day. We saw lots near by for much less. The decor is very minimalist but comfortable. Please remove the photograph hanging in the elevator! Looks like the morning after ......... Well come to your own opinion!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at the Gault and we appreciate your comments. We strive to the highest level of service and amenities and we are taking into consideration your comments as applicable. We are in the process of revamping some rooms in order to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 13, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Hotel Gault for 2 nights in early August. We each got upgraded rooms which was a pleasant surprise. Overall, the service was excellent; however, there was no turn down service for my room on the second night. My only criticism pertains to the bathroom setup. There appeared to be a sliding door between the shower/sink/tub area and the bedroom area. i was never able to move the door even an inch. It was not a big deal to me because I was alone, but others might not want to take a bath with no privacy. In addition, the entire bath floor is covered with gray industrial carpet. They are clearly having difficulty keeping it clean. But these are small glitches and I enjoyed my brief stay a great deal. If I could give a 4.5 rating, I would. And I would definitely return. Great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah M, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel in August. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Morristown, Vermont, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This hotel is super cool. It is tucked away in Old Montreal and the building clearly shows it's age (in a good way) with interesting architecture. The rooms are more on the modern side and are simply enormous. Think of an old industrial building that was converted into a loft. My room didn't have a kitchen but there was enough room for one. Very cool artwork and definitely a hip feel to the place. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Stay here if you are in Montreal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us while the décor and furniture were all to your likening.

We strive on guests' satisfaction and your feedback is greatly appreciated. It is always a real pleasure to read good comments like yours about our staff and facilities. We appreciate it and we will make sure to share them with the entire team.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Gault, we look forward to welcoming you back on future occasions.