“Comfort, care, style & service.”
Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #2 of 165 Hotels in Montreal
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Most boutique hotels that take this level of care with design aren't as warm and hospitable as Hotel Gault. Situated in Old Montreal in a gorgeous building (late 1800s/ early 1900s?) this hotel really makes one feel at home. Beautiful rooms, high ceilings, comfortable beds, front lobby is also a restaurant/ bar (depending on the time of day), 24 hour room service menu, excellent service (conscientious and really, really friendly without being saccharin). I'm not sure I'll be able to stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank freshmonkey
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor about the Gault Hotel.

I am delighted to learn you had enjoyed your stay at the Gault Hotel! We are very pleased to of had the opportunity to surpass your guests expectations during your stay, I will pass along your kind comments to all of our associates that are always delighted to hear and read our guests comments and feedback. we look forward to welcoming you again on future occasions!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Gault

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Great Service - hotel staffs are very friendly, very helpful. Apparently they clean your room twice a day too?

Great Room - I was in a studio room right above the hotel lobby. High ceilings, large walls, great design overall.

Great Party in the lobby - I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights, and on the second night there was a party at the hotel lobby. I was on the first floor, right above the lobby, and they were kind enough to share their music with me until 2 in the morning. Usually I wouldn't mind music but if you have to wake up early the next morning it might get a little irritating. Earplugs didn't help either as the bass vibrates through your body. If you plan to sleep early, ask for a room on the higher floors.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep early on the weekend, ask for a room on a higher floor. Due to the studio loft...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Harry C

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your accommodations at The Gault Hotel. I sincerely appreciate you acknowledging our personable and welcoming associates as well as our comfortable rooms.

I want to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced due to the Christmas party that was held in the lobby, it’s a private function that is held once a year and I’m truly sorry you did not get a quiet night sleep. I can assure you that we are not a party hotel and we are constantly working on providing great customer service and comments like you are extremely important to us, the feedback we receive from valued guest , like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I appreciate the candid feedback we receive and once again, thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. I look forward in welcoming you once again in the future.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I usually like to try different hotels when I visit a city several times, but in Montreal this is a problem. It's hard to find something that feels more like home than the Gault. So here I am, having checked out after yet another week at the Gault. Why? The rooms are perfect - great style and very functional. Combined with a very friendly and welcoming staff it's hard to not feel at home. The small size helps a lot, and my main concern with writing this review is that it might be hard to get a room for my next visit ... ;-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank OJ S

Dear Guest,

I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at the Gault! We are always delighted to read that our valued guests such as you feel right at home at the Gault.

Thank you for acknowledging the service you received from our associate team. We have shared your comments with each of them as they truly are the driving force of our establishment!

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Gault to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We (my wife, 16 month old son and me) stayed at the Gault around mid-October 2012. We are not habitual review writers nor on-line junkies but our stay there was so great, i have to write a review so other travellers can experience what we did.

We have never been at any hotel who take care of their customers like every one of their staff did. The rooms were excellent - spacious, modern, big bathrooms. It felt like we were living in a awesome historical building with all the modern amenities. All the rooms are suits and i believe they have only 25 of them. Our first room was noisy because of the construction across the street, but the staff promplty changed it to bigger, better room. The food and bar were great. We always ended up to after-party there. Very close to Vieux Montreal, Gare Centrale, the business district etc. Location is as good as it gets. The staff is so knowedgeable, you just have to ask what you are looking for, and if they have time they may even walk you there. Lastly, the babysitter they recommended was very relaible too.

All of these things made our stay so memorable. If you are looking for small, boutique hotel (i hate that word) where you are made to feel that you are from Montreal, pls give Hotel Gault a try.

Peace.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MtEverestBlues
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

I’m truly delighted that your first review is about the experience that you had at the Gault Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share you kind comments about our property and recognizing our associates, we welcome all sorts of feedback from our valued guests such as yourself and we are most encouraged by them.

I will share your comments with our entire team and I’m looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary in Montreal at the Gault Hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. They upgraded our room when we arrived. Best room we have ever stayed in. Great location on quiet streets and close to many excellent restraurants. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Cozbro

Dear Guest,

I would like to wish you a happy 13th wedding anniversary and I’m delighted that we were part of such special occasion. I sincerely appreciate your kind review posted on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at the Gault Hotel!

Thank you for acknowledging the service you had received from our associate team. I have shared your comment with them as they truly are our driving force and take great pride in providing great service!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Gault Hotel to exceed your expectations on future occasions!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Rooms are cozy and have a modern clean design! My husband & I spend 3 nights and absolutely adored it. You can walk everywere and you feel very welcome. The concierge service is outstanding. Girls in reception are very eager to help. The gym is in the basement and it is very small. If weather ok don´t miss renting a bike and go to canal de lachine it is gorgeous.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mexican
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you kind review of your recent visit to the Gault Hotel! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for taking the time to share it with our TripAdvisor community. I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team, services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Hotel Gault is located in Old Montreal so it has a great start to please a traveller. This is an old cotton factory converted by some genius into a fascinating modernistic space. The rooms are roomy and come with very modern style furniture. The location is quiet. The people at the front desk were courteous and helpful. A unique and comfortable place to spend a few days

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms would be fine.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jim m

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Gault Hotel, your comments are very important to us and your recognition towards our service team at the Front Desk have been passed on and have been well received.

Indeed our all of our rooms are very spacious starting with our Loft rooms at 350square feet to our Apt.Deluxe of 1020 square feet. Our furniture is all designer made unique to the Gault, it’s been this way for over 10 years and well-liked by our guest’s.

You are a valued patron of the Gault Hotel and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.