WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ontario, Canada
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

In Montreal for one night on business and decided to go "boutique" hotel. My only regret is that I did not have more time to enjoy this property and the surrounding "old Montreal" scene. The Hotel Gault is cool, hip, comfortable and friendly. The service was excellent. I will return for a couple of days in the summer to truly enjoy old Montreal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stay at the Gault Hotel and that our level of service was to your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us and I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Your kind recognition has been very well received.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back next summer.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Very nice boutique hotel in old town.
We really liked the somewhat minimalist modern decor. The contemporary look might not be for everyone but it worked for us.
The front desk was very helpful in suggesting itineraries and making reservations.
We got upgraded to a corner room which was very spacious and nicely finished. Not sure what the basic rooms are like though.
As some other reviewer indicated, cannot think of anything negative to say. Really nice hotel.

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and beautifully finished
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stays at the Gault Hotel and that our level of service was to your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us and I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and supporting our "going green program on reviews» I will pass along your comments to our team in this regard. Your kind recognition has been very well received.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Wonderful hotel, most welcoming and helpful staff. Very clean, great beds and linen. Excellent breakfast in bed, beautifully presented. A short walk to many great places to eat, shop and see. Pauline (guest relations) gave us some great recommendations, including dinner at Accords just around the corner. Good wifi and hifi in the room, take your own iPod or CDs. Two nights there felt like a week's holiday.

1 Thank Ed C
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you sincerely for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and for commending our service team at the Gault in this regard. Your kind recognition has been very well received and will be share with our all the departments involved as well as the rest of our team. Pauline is great with places to visit and wine and dine and I will let her know your great comments.

You are a valued patron of the Gault Hotel and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Group of us went to celebrate my friend's 40th B-day in Montreal. Hotel Gault was a delightful part of our stay. I prefer sleek contemporary design and Hotel Gault is exactly that.

The staff was great and couldn't be more helpful. My room was impeccably clean and the bed was very comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't comment on the culinary offerings. The hotel has a great location in the middle of Old Montreal.

The only complaint I have is that the wifi service was very spotty in the lobby area. Wifi in the room worked well.

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience at the Gault Hotel, I hope you and your friends had a great time in Montreal celebrating his 40th birthday. I will pass along your comments about the cleanness of your room to our housekeeping associates who take great pride in what they do and they are extremely important towards achieving great guest satisfaction. I apologize for any inconvenience that our Wi-Fi connection might have given you in our Lobby area; I can assure you that issue has been corrected.

london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Wonderful boutique hotel. Extremely helpful staff. Great location for walking most places in the city. I changed our booking to this hotel after reading the good reviews on TripAdvisor so my thanks to past reviewers. Can't think of anything negative to say.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad that you changed your mind and stayed with us at the Gault were our guests come first, we are always looking for ways not only to meet but to exceed our guests expectations in service and accommodations. Again, thank you for kind comments and I will share them with the rest of the team as we all love to read our guests feedback.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed here for few days recently and were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. The hotel is located in an older building that has been renovated with the interior being very contemporary, (which we quite liked). The staff was most helpful, friendly and always cheerful. The heated floor and large free standing tub in the bath were simply wonderful and much appreciated in our junior suite. The hotel's location is ideal, only a block away from Rue Saint-Paul and a short walk to the subway at Victoria Square. Can't comment on the spa or the gym as we didn't use them.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your comments about the Gault with the rest of our valued guest's such as yourself, our bathtubs & our Jr.Suites are very well liked by all our guest's, the space that it offers is unique and I am glad the you got to enjoy it first-hand. I will share your kind words towards the staff and thank you for taking the time to write about them.

Until you give us the honor to welcome you once again,

Charlevoix, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

liked staying here a lot. staff super friendly and accomodating. rooms are modern, minimalist and comfortable. would visit again. staff even parked my car for me and delivered it early in the morning. great coffee and bar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your experience at the Gault with the TripAdvisor community, your feedback is extremely important to us and I will share your kind comments with the rest of the team.