“Perfect - and this from a high maintenance traveler.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Gault

Hotel Gault
Ranked #3 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect - and this from a high maintenance traveler.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I travel multiple times a month, and while my experiences vary wildly, I do maintain a discerning expectation of the places I stay. Hotel Gault exceeded this expectation in every way. The room was perfect, well equipped, interesting, and I have never spent so much time inside a hotel room before simply relaxing. The service was impeccable, the food was delicious, the wine menu while brief was exceptional. The decor was a perfect blend of new and old, and reflected the best of Montreal's spirit. I loved the location, and we walked everywhere. I cannot wait to return for business or pleasure!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your kind comments towards the Hotel Gault and its associates; it's always very rewarding to read such comments from our valued guests such as yourself. I will pass along your comments to Jason our new chef who is working always coming up with new ideas in the kitchen. We hope to have the honor to welcome you once again in the near future at the Hotel Gault.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife, two adult sons, one fiancé and I recently stayed at the Hotel Gault. We had a wonderful time. The hotel staff was friendly and always helpful. The rooms are large and inviting. The modern decor of the rooms and public areas were particularly pleasing to my "trendy" sons. Because of its location, we were easily able to walk to many of the sites that we wanted to visit. Considering all of the above, the hotel was a bargain.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Congratulations on your 65th anniversary!!!Thank you for choosing the Hotel Gault for such special occasion and taking the time to write bout them in Tripadvisor. We're glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and I will pass on your kind comments to our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit!

Francisco Gonzalez GIl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was my third stay at the gault and it was amazing as always.. From the amazing staff making me feel at home, remembering that i love cappuccinos and bringing me one in the morning without having to ask.. Everything about this hotel is 5 star service!!! A must when travelling to Montreal for business or pleasure.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at The Hotel Gault. It’s always great to read your appraisal of our team efforts to personalize our service for our guests, I know our associates will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back with a cappuccino in the near future.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The Gault hotel is THE best hotel in town! Everything is just perfect! The room is unique. The bathroom is original and big! Warm floor! The attention to details is beyond anything i saw. The location is amazing - right in the old montreal. Bed was very confortable. Staff is very friendly. Breakfast is awesome ( i was there during weekend). I loved everything!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at The Hotel Gault. Your comments are very important to us and I will share them along with the rest of the associates at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Hotel Gault on future occasions!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I can't say enough good things about this place. The hotel is in a beautiful old building in a old Montreal, but the inside is modern, sleek, and lovely. We splurged and stayed in the loft at the top with the terrace since we were on our honeymoon, and boy was it worth it. We stayed at the beginning and end of our trip, so we got to try both-- one had a wrap around terrace and the other had two stunning views on both sides. The lofts are more like small apartments. I love the big tubs, but mostly I loved the service. The staff was amazing and so nice, recommended the best restaurants, and helped to make everything from restaurant reservations to spa appointments to car reservations. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: splurge and get a loft!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Gault!! I am delighted to read your appraisal of our team and services and I know our staff will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Ridgefield, Connecticut
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We are currently staying at the Gault for five nights and so far have been extremely disappointed in the service. While the accommodations are modern and comfortable, it is not enough to distract us from how poor the service has been. First of all, this hotel is supposed to be part of the Preferred Boutique group of hotels. My husband and I are I Prefer members and we booked our stay through the I Prefer website. However, upon arrival last night we had to ask for our room upgrade, even though it is supposed to be automatic - if available - which it was. Second, another custom amenity unique to each Preferred hotel is supposed to be provided. According to the website this amenity for Hotel Gault is a $25 gift certificate to the hotel restaurant. Again, I had to ask for this, but the two women at reception told me that the gift certificate was not available for I Prefer members. I let it go for the moment, went up to my room and checked the website again to make sure I had remembered the promotion correctly. The $25 restaurant gift certificate was still posted. So I went back down to reception and again, asked for the certificate. One of the women said that no one had ever asked about this amenity before so they were unaware of it, but she also said that she would call a manager and inquire about it for me. Afterwords, she came back and told me that the manager said that the hotel would honor the promotion for me, but I had to show them where it was stated on the I Prefer website because they wanted to have it taken down. I am very upset that I had to inquire multiple times about an amenity that should have been included in my stay from the start, and I am also upset, that upon finally granting this amenity, the hotel staff was not hesitant about letting me know that although they were giving me the gift certificate, I really shouldn't be receiving it. After all of that, I still did not receive everything included in my package. My husband and I booked the Bed and Breakfast package that per my reservation confirmation states "Bed and Breakfast Package
This package for 2 includes: one night's accommodation, 2 Gault breakfasts, 2 Films and Popcorn and more!" I have received the night's accommodation and the two breakfasts, however I have not received any films, popcorn or anything else for that matter. And breakfast was another complete disappointment. Breakfast at the Gault is served from 6:30 until 11. We decided to grab a later breakfast at 9:45. At this time there were a few other patrons finishing up their meals, but only one other guest sat down after us to order breakfast and by the time we left we were the only guests in the dining area. Even still, the service was monumentally slow. Once we were seated we waited at least 10 minutes for our waiter to just bring us the menus and take our drink orders. When he returned to take our menu orders we still did not have our drinks. About 30 minutes later our food finally arrived and then 5 minutes after that my husband's coffee came, even though that was the first thing ordered more than a half hour earlier. Also, I ordered the crepes for breakfast which are supposed to come with maple syrup per the menu, however I had to ask for the syrup and when the waiter brought it to me the container was empty. So then I had to ask for another container and by the time I got it my food was cold. Additionally, my husband's breakfast was supposed to include yogurt which never did come and his eggs were undercooked. It total it took us almost an hour to get our breakfast when were two of three guests in the dining room. We are booked to stay here for the next 4 nights and if it weren't for the fact that other nearby hotels are all booked for the weekend we would have changed hotels by now. In fact, if the beds weren't comfortable, we would probably be on our way home by now. I am extremely disappointed in the service of this hotel. I would never stay here again and I would never recommend the Gault to my friends and family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christine M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services and facilities for all our valued guests such as yourself.

You are a valued patron and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on future occasions.

Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Gault is a chc boutique hotel in old Montreal. The rooms are large and comfortable. My wife was very concerned about the concrete floors being cold, but they were fine. The only quibble we had was with the noise from the hallway outside the room. Anytime someone walks by you can hear them.

What really sets the Gault apart is the service. The front desk gave perfect recommendations for restaurants - they seemed to read our mind!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SSVermont
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. Comment's like your reassure us that we are on the right track of providing great costumer care and we are delighted to hear that restaurant recommendations we to your likening.

Once again we look forward in welcoming you in the near future.