Hotel Gault
Hotel Nelligan(Montreal)
$170
$158
1,427 results
All reviewsjonathan leclercold montrealheated floorsloft roommodern designquiet streetturn down servicedvd playergreat boutiqueupgraded to a suitebottled waterbeautiful hotellarge windowsbeautiful roomhigh ceilingssmall hotellong weekend
FilterAll languages
995 - 1,000 of 1,427 reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2012

After months of nonstop work and overtime, my cousin was going to stay at the Hotel Gault for a well-deserved vacation. I called the Hotel from the U.S. to arrange some surprises/gifts to greet her when she arrived. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly each time I called (especially Luiza, Melissa, and Andre), and very cordial and thorough when we corresponded over e-mail. They helped me organize, plan, and execute everything I wanted to do and more.

My cousin called me after she arrived at the hotel, absolutely gushing about the fantastic treatment and hospitality she had received from the staff. She told me all about how they had presented her with the spa gift they helped me secure (she was met with kind, thoughtful words and presented the gift card with a ribbon on it, in a wooden box, by the concierge wearing white gloves, and champagne--AMAZING!) Without my asking specifically for this intricate and lovely presentation, the Hotel Gault staff far exceeded my expectations, and helped make this a truly special and memorable stay for her.

She had a truly lovely stay, and I am so thankful to the hotel staff. I cannot wait to stay there myself!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MNg11
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The rooms are huge and absolutely beautifully furnished and decorated - fans of classic modern design will adore the well chosen pieces, and rooms have a 1960s 'Mad Men' feel.

The staff are excellent - friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. We were particularly impressed by the concierge, Andre, whose restaurant recommendations were consistently wonderful - we ate so well throughout our trip!

Finally, we loved the location in Vieux Montreal. There are some great shops, cafes, restaurants and bars just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel is close and yet feels like a tranquil haven.

We also felt the hotel was good value for the standard of accommodation and hospitality that we received.

Highly, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jesscalondon
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Gault!
We are pleased to hear that our staff have been a part of provinding you such a great experience!
It is very nice of you to recommend the hotel, looking forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Montreal!
Best regards!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I'll keep this short. Hotel Gault is a wonderful hotel. Calm, serene, romantic, impeccable service and and very palpable feeling that you are truly a guest. Can't fault a thing. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William N
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I love Hotel Gault. The boutique hotel, a renovated 19th-century textile building, is located in the historic neighborhood of Vieux Montreal. Its commanding stone edifice exudes old world ambiance and charm. One of the wonderful aspects of the hotel is its ability to mix old-world comfort and modernist design. (The photograph of M.I.A. in the elevator is a puckish touch.) With its Eames chairs, natural light, and cool aesthetics, the hotel’s lobby is an ideal place to enjoy a café or cocktail.

Speaking of style, our suite resembled something from a high-end design magazine. Though Spartan, the room is comfortable, if not downright cozy. Creature comforts include queen size beds, down duvets, and plush robes and slippers. The plasma-screen TV looks perfect.

The staff is professional, courteous, and helpful. To help us celebrate our recent nuptials, Andre, the hotel manager, sent us a complimentarily bottle of champagne to our suite. If that was not enough, the concierge reserved a table for us at Le Chien Fumant. (The dinner was wonderful.)

If you come to Montreal, stay at Hotel Gault. You will not be disappointed.

— Brendan and Marie

Room Tip: Room 340 has a wonderful terrace, which boasts fresh flowers and quaint aerial view of the city streets.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear Brendan & Marie,
It is a real pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Gault as well as the decor and the ambiance! Be assured that I will tell Andre and the team about your fantastic comment on the service!
We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon,
Best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We loved this fashionable, but not pretentious hotel. Beautifully designed - modern but not cold. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Very clean and inventive storage - great if you're staying for several days.
The staff was professional and very friendly. We will be returning!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple