We stayed here for 3 nights in July 2012.
We had a room in an extra house around the corner. It was kind of a cellar room but didnt feel like one. It was cosy, clean and rather big for a hostel. Bathroom though was pretty much the smallest one I have ever seen in my whole life.
The staff was polite and helpful. (even though the guy at the reception could improve his english a little)
It was an okay hostel to stay at and it's a great place to explore montreal from. Almost everything is in walking distance.
Two things you should know:
1) Bring cash. They do not accept CC.
2) They do NOT offer you a parking space for your car. There are public parking lots for a few dollars per day in 4-5min walking distance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Plateau Mont-Royal, our hostel is in the middle of three subway stations. Attractions at 5min walking: Saint Denis Street, Saint Laurent Boulevard, Quartier des Spectacles. Don't miss the chance to enjoy our concerts and BBQ parties our rooftop terrace in summer time. Our staff will be glad to show you all Montreal's treasures by suggesting you many activities.Affordable rates including an all you can eat breakfast, Wi-Fi and linen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HostelWorld, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Le Gite Plateau Mont-Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.