“Two-nights stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Gatineau, Canada
“Two-nights stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Excellent hotel. Warm hospitality. Very quiet at night. Me and my husband, we highly recommend this hotel for the 3 reasons mentioned above.

This hotel is located at Vieux-Port de Montréal. Near very interesting boutiques and activities. Also, located near Pointe-à-Callières Museum and IMAX 3D.

We can also take health walk and relax.

If you decide to stay at Nelligan Hotel, you will have the most wonderful stay in Montréal City.

1 Thank Denise P
Hotel-Nelligan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Mrs.Denise P,

We would like to thank you for your great review and for the reasons listed on your comments!
We are always happy to read that our guest enjoyed their stay with us!

My best regards

Daisy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

The room
We had a 4th floor room which was large.
Bathroom had large walk in shower but no bath.
Good air con
Window provided view into courtyard and views of other rooms ( not an issue for us)
Enormous bed, very comfortable and great pillows

Hotel itself
We had breakfast included which was continental buffet but with good quality food
Gym was small and dated
There is free tea and coffee in the lobby but none in the room

In the heart of old montreal and about 5 min walk from a metro stop
Very good for the old town and all it's attractions

Getting to the hotel
We got to montreal by train and left by air
Cab from railway station was around $10
Cab to airport was $40 (flat rate) but cabbie requested $5 tip

Staff
All very friendly and helpful

In summary
We loved it and would stay again and recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dan773
Dear Dan773,

We would like to thank you for your nice comments, and for recommending the hotel, it is greatly appreciated!
We hope to welcome back soon, and we wish you a nice summer!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

So I wanted to take my 3 year old son to see cirque du soleil in old Montréal and picked what I thought would be a nice but not over the top hotel, the sister hotel to the Place d'Armes, a hotel I stayed at 2 weeks prior. The room was all that was to be expected, old world charm with new world conveniences; familiar and meeting all my expectations.
What I did not expect was the staff. I am not sure how many people travel with 3 year olds but mine goes everywhere with us. At the end of a full day of travelling, site seeing and of course going to the circus, he was understandably a bit cranky and hungry. We went back to the hotel and walked into what is essentially their fine dining restaurant. In need of martinis, my wife and I were compelled to stay. By the way, the first drink is on the hotel; really.
We were afraid our son would make a ruckus (as cranky hungry 3 year olds sometimes do) so we asked if they could accommodate us in the rear of the restaurant. Unfortunately for them (and why I am writing this review) the place was less than half full. The hostess appeased us with not only a table in the back but what was essentially a whole room away from the other guests - whew.
My son does not eat fine dining (what 3 year old does) but he, being just a little bit precocious, only wanted to eat calamari. Not a beautiful grilled cuttle fish mind you, calmari like you would find at the local family style Italian restaurant that one sees in a strip mall… you know, the doughy little deep fried rubber bands that make you too full to eat your entrée. My wife and I had already ordered our drinks and we were settled in, somehow we would attempt to muddle through.
Luke, our waiter, apologized when we asked for the fried basket of fish (yes, I asked knowing full well that it was not on the menu). A few minutes later and maybe two sips into our cocktails, Luke returned to take our dinner order. To our shock and amazement, he had with him a huge basket of fried calamari! Luke went to the neighboring restaurant to get my now crazily excited child the dinner of his choice. WHO DOES THIS?
After a satisfying meal of oven roasted partridge served with an asparagus flan, a glass of California Pinot and (of course) a few of my kid’s calamari, the family retired back to the room. Exhausted and full, we read our boy to sleep on one of the bed’s soft down pillows. With all good intention, we prepared to go to the beautiful roof deck for a night cap (we had our niece with us to babysit) but alas, the comfort of the bed was to compelling. A prodigious day was to come to completion; we would rise to fresh brewed coffee and a friendly greeting from our host – “how was your dinner last night?”
PERFECT.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Spencer L
Dear M.Spencer L,

I am so happy in reading your review. From the entire hotel team, we thank you for sharing your experience with us and thank you for your great worlds!
Hope to welcome you back soon at Le Nelligan, at the meantime, we wish to the whole family a very great summer!

Warm regards!

Daisy and front office team
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

We loved the location of this hotel - so convenient and we walked everywhere. The room and bathroom were large and the service was great. Only complaint was the VERY loud laundry service down several floors and right outside our window at 12:30 am! We would certainly go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jspmay
Dear Mrs. Jspmay,

We are happy you will return to visit us again and sad you have been bothered by Landry noise from outside our building. We thank you for giving us a second chance, we will make sure to give you a room located in a different area, so you can enjoy your stay!

Warm regards from Montreal!

Cayman Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Hotel Nelligan in a beautiful King room on the 4th floor. We had just arrived from a few nights' stay in New York City and were overjoyed to see the size of this room in comparison. What a wonderful surprise to have space and a place for everything! It had all the comforts of home with complimentary bottled water, chocolates, shower gel, body lotion, shampoo and conditioner in the room, plus coffee and tea in the lobby whenever you want it. The hotel staff were wonderful and went out of their way to make our stay the most enjoyable. The location of the hotel is superb too - in the heart of Old Montreal and just steps away from "all the action", restaurants and shopping. We loved it!

1 Thank GrandCayman
Dear Mr GrandCayman,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to review us on TripAdisor. It is great to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and especially, the room size!
We hope to welcome you back again at Le Nelligan!

Warm regards from Montreal!

New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm struggling with giving this chic boutique hotel a four or five star rating!? But unfortunately, I have to have a close to near perfect experience to give five stars! Let me begin with firstly, the excellent, perfect location. Then, the cool,chic, yet extremely sophisticated decor. Thirdly, the friendly, attractive, and extremely helpful staff. Lastly, but not least importantly, the amazingly comfortable, large, and well designed rooms! Oh, I forgot to mention the happening Terrasse restaurant on the roof. Beautiful, decent food, and great views! My only negatives-I called a day early, and a non-chalant front desk person answered, and assured me that my room would be ready at 2.30pm. I arrived at 2.50, then waited 30 min or more before I had to ask the front desk what was going on?! It was a Wed-how hard could it be to accommodate an on time check in!? I don't think anyone remembered that I was waiting, and I had an insect in my room, which wasn't attended to until I told the front desk, once again, the next day. Another day housekeeping didn't service my room, as requested, and I had to ask three times! The good news-the concierge and staff did an excellent job dealing with a serious health issue that occurred during my stay. The Dr they sent me to was excellent, and I got the meds needed, although I was first sent to a clinic where there was a 2 hour min wait, and cost more than the Dr.
However, even my taxi driver they called was extremely professional, and waited until I finished the appointment. Sooooo nice! Thanks so much to the excellent concierge for setting up the appt for me! Most comfy room ever, and it was a 'petite Queen-'
Five or four stars? You decide!

Room Tip: Even the petite queen was extremely large and comfy!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank keentraveler30
Dear Keentraveler30,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for you super review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to read that you have in general enjoyed your stay with us and that you will stay with us again.
Again thank you for sharing your review and giving us the chance, to improve!

Warm regards

Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

A great three night stay in a superb room, but one that was very dark with very little daylight. We were on the second floor and overlooked the atrium - great in many ways in that there was no noise from the street, but we had to have lights on the whole time we were in the room - felt like night the whole time we were in there!
Location of the hotel is fantastic - within reach of a huge number of restaurants and attractions and this helped to make our stay a real success - along with the helpfulness of the staff at the front desk.
If you you are looking for a hotel in the heart of the Old Town, you could not do better!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors if you want a little daylight - especially if you have a room ove...
2 Thank JohnWD1949
Dear M. JohnWD1949,

We are really glad, you have had nice nights asleep during your stay with us, a little bit sadden, about the lighting in the room. Next time you will say with us we will be happy to show you different rooms!

Warm regards from Montréal!