9 people are viewing this hotel
$389
Free cancellation until 06/04/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$346
Free cancellation until 06/02/22
Trip.com
$323
Priceline$389
Hotels.com$346
ZenHotels.com$415
2,870 results
All reviews petite suite old montreal rooftop bar exposed brick charming hotel electric fireplace jacuzzi tub notre dame basilica beautiful room valet parking king bed visiting montreal yogurt verses concierge atrium galleries
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We booked at the Nelligan through Snique Away and it was beyond amazing. You know how when you see pictures on the websites of hotels, your room never looks like it, unless you get an upgraded room. Nope. This hotel was identical to the photos! We got there at about 7am (check in is probably closer to 3pm) due to taking the red-eye to Montreal. They let us check in at 8am when we arrived... we were just going to drop off our luggage and then go walk around and get some breakfast. Our room was ready and they let us check in at no charge. We were so thrilled! We showered and then went downstairs to enjoy breakfast in their little restaurant. Breakfast was so great!

The lounge on the roof was also amazing!! We had a great time up there enjoying drinks. We also had drinks next door... I do believe it's part of the hotel Nelligan too. When I travel, we always try to stay with Sheratons and Fairmonts. But, I knew for Montreal I wanted it to be a boutique hotel. And I do not regret it one bit.

Location is also fabulous. Five minute walk to the water. I could not have been more impressed with this hotel. I cannot WAIT to go back.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2011

As much as I love the quaint cobblestone streets of Old Montreal, my stay at Hotel Nelligan has soured me from the prospect of staying in the old port ever again.

The room I was in faced Saint Paul St. on the third floor. The noise emanating from a raucous bar across the street went on until well past 4am, when the drunks outside got in a shouting match and police were called. As I was FINALLY getting to sleep, the garbage trucks started up at around 7-8am. Big trucks driving on those narrow cobblestone streets? It sounded like we were being invaded by Upper Canada!

If I was staying more than 2 nights, i'd have demanded a room away from the street. Thankfully the next night, I was one of those drunks coming in at 4am, and didn't notice the noise as much.

Other than the noise, the room was large, the bathroom had a shower and jacuzzi tub, and the Mechant Boeuf burger was excellent.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank John P
Hotel-Nelligan, General Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I can assure you that since your last visit in March, the noise situation has considerably improved. We have been working on this issue and I am sure that you would appreciate the improvement. We are conscious that our neighborhood can be sometimes lively but it is still a very charming area full of Art galleries and local boutiques. We sincerely hope that you will give another chance to extend our usual hospitality.
Kind regards,

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Hi, the staff are amazing, first i was helped with the concierge to find out some dinner place and also take our 2 free wine glass at the bar, the terasse on top is absolutely great, with a nice crowd there.

the bed was fine.. Not extremely smooth but it's good enough for a great sleep.

the room are absolutely perfect, nothing's missing

But what we prefered the most is the OLD Montreal, we went by walk everywhere, short distance from the l'Assomoir Notre-Dame wich is absolutely great for a drink, then near enough of the GARDE-MANGER & LE LOCAL restaurant, wich are perfect as well !!

The staff make this hotel-boutique absolutely great place to go !

We been to every hotel in MONTREAL and all i can say this is one of my favorite !!!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Hotel-Nelligan, General Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2011

Dear Guest,

To be part of your top favorite hotels is for us the best reward. You can count on us to always provide you with the same professionnal service and the best products.

Encore une fois merci!

Guillermo Coronel,

Reviewed August 16, 2011

This hotel was wonderful. The rooms are modern looking and they are very clean.

The best part is the staff. All were very kind and extremely helpful.

Nancy was a huge help! If you are looking to shop see her first she can recommend some great spots.

When we return to Montreal we will be sure to stay at Nelligan again.

Bonjour dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this motivating review. Rest assured that the entire team and especially Nancy will be thrilled to have succesfully made your stay a memorable experience.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Regards,

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We had booked two petite suites. Both were wonderful with excellent views of the river front and the south shore. The rooms are large and the furnishings seemed to be all new. The staff kept the rooms immaculate. Each night we returned to a turned down bed, low lighting and nice music. Such a nice touch.

All the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. From a location point-of-view, you could not ask for more. You are right in the middle of Old Montreal and a short taxi or Metro ride elsewhere.

Their rooftop patio is not to be missed. Great views from there as well.

All in all, a great hotel. We will be back.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful words. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

Regards,