“Top tip for Montréal lunch: Nelligan's rooftop terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Nelligan

Hotel Nelligan
Ranked #9 of 163 Hotels in Montreal
London
“Top tip for Montréal lunch: Nelligan's rooftop terrace”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

My husband and I ate lunch here, taking advantage of their crazily inexpensive lunch menu. I think it was about $15 for two delicious courses. Food was beautiful and there's was plenty of it. Service was impeccable and, like everywhere in this wonderful city, really friendly. The views from the top of the hotel are lovely. What is so nice about this place is that even though we weren't staying here, we we made to feel welcome. It's an ideal option for lunch in the old part of the city, which can be terribly touristy. Enjoy!

2 Thank ILovetheLakes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We had a lovely stay at the Hotel Nelligan in Montreal's old port area. The hotel is perfectly located for tourists wanting to take in the life in the old port. The hotel is first rate... we had a lovely time and the staff was superb. I sent the following to the management of the hotel:

"We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights 25-28 July and I want to express our thank you for a wonderful experience. We just loved the hotel.

First, when we arrived the type of room we reserved was not available and we were upgraded to an even nicer room with a whirlpool bath for 2. The room was well appointed and very large.

Second, the staff was very friendly and helpful and made our stay in Montreal a pleasure.

Third, after we arrived home I realized I had left my Jacket, slacks and a shirt in the closet. I called the hotel and they arranged to have it sent to me in NYC. I received it today and am incredibly thankful to your staff for acting on it so promptly and arranging for Fed Ex to pick it up and deliver it to my home.

Your hotel is outstanding. I plan on posting this on TripAdvisor."

1 Thank hbl399
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I wil return to this lovely hotel. The staff is efficient, courteous, and genuinely nice a nd helpful. Nathlalia and Mathew provide very good information thruout our weekend in Montreal. Our room was spacious, comfortable and relaxing. The restaurant was so good, Our waiter Max gave us impeccable service! We sat back and enjoyed the remarkable meal. After dinner we enjoyed sitting on the verada that opens to Rue St Paul and people watched while we sipped on some wine. there is not another hotel that offers you that in Old Montreal!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
cleveland,ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

Trendy, boutique hotel located in the old city. Great location. The rooms were comfortable and clean. One of the best values for the dollar ever. I would highly reccomend this place. The concierge and entire front desk staff were some of the nicest people with amazing customer service skills.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Longueuil, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We spent two nights at this hotel and won't ever go back again. This hotel is really noisy and has a lot of insects running everywhere. We tried the food at the Mechant Boeuf and all of the staff were rude to us. Unfortunately Montreal is a beautiful city but we definitely won't return at this hotel. How would you spent a night without having a continental breakfeast included with a two nights stay at 249.00$ per night?

If you wanna call an escort for the night then this hotel is for you.

Don’t worth the risk our room smelled like steak odour.

5 Thank Iam35
Hotel-Nelligan, General Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Dear Iam35,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Positive or negative, feedback is always appreciated and helps us improve our product and service. I can assure you that the situations you encountered during your stay with us rarely occur and do not represent the level of service that we want to provide at the Nelligan. The entire team and I sincerely hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you once again so that you may truly live the Nelligan experience.

Kindest Regards,

Guillermo Coronel
hp il
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My daughter and I stayed at the Hotel Nelligan this past weekend, and we had the best time. Montreal is an amazing city, and the hotel is in a great location, the staff were very friendly, and our room was lovely. . . . but I was left with a bad taste, and here is why. Our rate was for a suite and a continental breakfast. A card was left each night for breakfast room service, so the first morning, the gentleman that delivered the breakfast said we would be charge for delivery and tip - which I felt was very fair, and I had no problem with that. Each morning we had our continental breakfast in our room as we got ready for the day. When I checked out, I saw I was charged $19+ (taxes?) each day for the breakfast. On the menu, the continental breakfast cost (I believe) $8. When I showed them I was charged for the breakfasts, they explained that I couldn't have the breakfast in the room!!???!!! and that they had to charge me an $8 delivery charge per person, per day! I believe that $3 was added in for the delivery tip - which was fine with me, but $8 service charge per person per day? It really doesn't add up to much, but I felt that the charge was petty and unfair - and for around $60, they sent me away feeling badly about the hotel - There are other lovely hotels in Montreal, and I plan on returning with my husband - the city is fantastic - but I will be staying at a different hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear jkbs,

Thank you very much for your review. Rest assured that your comments are taken into consideration and that a follow up has been done with the Restaurant and the Reception. We hope this will prevent any repetition of your experience. We wish that you will reconsider the Nelligan in the future. You are more than welcome to contact our Front Office team and they will make sure that your stay will meet your expectations.

Guillermo Coronel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Great location. Walking distance to cirque de soleil, though totem was disappointing. Hotel Melligan is behind notre dame. Hotel is beautiful and petite suite was wonderful, great jacuzzi bath and hotel features blend of old brick/stone walls with modern amenities, textiles, etc. Service rating 4 due to repeated requests for additional rom coffee packets.

• Stayed July 2011