“Best pastry in Montreal”
Review of Olivier Potier Patisserie - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olivier Potier Patisserie
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Excellent place for a quick rest while shopping or visiting museums and art galleries on Sherbrooke street. It serves some of the best pastry in Montreal, not too sweet, creamy and inventive. The service is friendly but a bit too slow and there are not too many tables to sit down.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Being a local in Montreal, I can assure you that this place has the best french deserts you will eat on the island in Montreal! Yes it is on the pricy side however i can assure you that it is well worth it! This place is a bit difficult to spot at first because it is down a few steps, but once you find it you'll be hooked! The staff is incredibly friendly as well and are always ready to serve you as best as they can and they remember their regular customers with ease. If you're there for breakfast, don't be shy to ask for a waffle either! Such an amazing waffle with a side of whip cream, chocolate ganache and homemade jam. Give it a shot you won't be disappointed in quality.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

A friend recommended we should visit this patisserie when we were in Montreal - it was so good we went twice. The coffee was good, the hot chocolate delicate but delicious, and the almond croissants perhaps the best I've ever tasted.

The only disappointment was on our second visit, when we arrived late afternoon to find that many of the patisserie items were already "reserved" - I wish they would take things off display if they are not for sale.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went late on Sunday, so they were sold out of most items. I ordered an eclair, and he packaged it in a huge, fancy cardboard box. If I lived nearby and was buying it as a gift, it would be cool, I guess. But it sure wasn't going to fit it into my suitcase. I assumed it was caramel or maple. It was coffee flavored. Not their fault, I suppose. I just felt like I was bothering them by going there, like they were trying to close up.

2  Thank sopraffina
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Being a local in Montreal, I can tell you that this is by far the best french pastry shop in the city. In the heart of Montreal, Olivier Potier has a great location, but also makes for slightly higher prices. The price however is well worth it. The staff is very friendly and are very good at remembering their regulars and even occasional visitors. I personally go every Saturday morning for waffles or toast. The portions are a good size for anything you get. The waffles are the some of the best I've ever tasted. If you're looking for breads or a viennoise they have it all. We have purchased pastries from them, and their quality is impeccable. If you're the type to wake up a little later, they also serve brunch and lunch. They have housemade Paris imspired sandwhiches served on a generous size baguette. A truly french taste at a Montreal inspired embiance at this must go place in Montreal. The location is a little hard to find for your first time visit, because its underground (just passed the corner of Sherbrooke and Mackay).

1  Thank cocnut92