“Excellent”

Ranked #301 of 5,769 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Cachitos is a small bakery in the heart of downtown montreal that brings you a taste of Venezuela and its incomparable Cachitos!DescriptionFrequently Asked Cachitos Questions : - Where does it come from?Cachitos are a traditional Venezuelan pastry, usually considered to be a breakfast food although many enjoy them throughout the day.-What are the traditional fillings?The traditional filling for the Cachito is ham, but in modern Venezuela it is common to find cheese Cachitos as well. We at Cachito Bakery, created a much wider assortment of flavours, so everyone is sure to find a personal favourite. -What does Cachitos mean?Cachitos comes from the Spanish word “Cacho” meaning “Horn”. The “-ito” at the ends marks it as a diminutive form, a form usually used for small things or as a term of endearment.-How are they made?The Cachito dough used in Cachitos Bakery is the result of extensive tests and trials, refined to a perfectly calibrated recipe meant to go well with our large variety of fillings. The rolling process has also been streamlined to be able to quickly produce as many Cachitos as anyone could want. -What are Golfeados?Golfeados are a traditional Venezuelan dessert, similar in looks to the Cinnamon roll but spiced with Aniseed, Cheese and Cane Sugar. -What does Golfeado mean?Golfeado is nothing more the name of the pastry, although the word Golfeado calls to mind the puffy quality of the pastry.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am Venezuelan and I was gladly surprised to find this place cos I love cachitos and what impressed me the most was the "re-invention" they did of this meal. I felt in love with the chocolat cachito. I highly recommend this place: the food is good and the owners are super nice persons

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jessica M

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
“Unique experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Never tried anything like it before and it was well worth it. The lady serving us was happy to guide us through the menu and even offered us free samples. Tried the ham and cheese pastry with a Venezuelan style coffee which were both fantastic, highly recommend it if you're visiting Montreal.

• Visited February 2014
Bound Brook, New Jersey
“Great!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

We read all the great reviews and they were all true! We arrived late Sunday afternoon. One of the owners was there and we had a chance to speak to her. Very nice lady. Also, the Venezuelan Consul was there and we met her. They were bringing Cachitos hot out of the oven. We had the cheese and ham and a ricotta cheese and Guava jelly one. My Oh, My! How delicious! We brought some to the hotel with us. We reheated them the next morning and they were still very good. Can't miss this place!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Liliana B
Montreal, Canada
“Great Venezuelan Snacks”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Decided to visit with the family after reading the reviews on TA and the place did not disappoint.
Great personal and homey service. The food was delicious and perfect for a brunch type meal.
Highly recommended.

• Visited December 2013
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Leaving full, but not stuffed!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We went there for a little Sunday lunch (November 10, 2013)
It was around 12 pm. The little restaurant was almost full and the whole time we were there, people kept on coming.
We took a chorizo cachito, a chicken ricotta cachito and a chocolate praline one.
I was a bit disappointed because they were out of the spinach ones, but it means that what they have that's available is fresh, and if we had waited 10 min, new ones were to be ready.
With the cachitos, they give you a mayo-sauce for dipping. It was really good.
I thought the cachitos could've been warmer (I love my food very hot), but my boyfriend thought they were fine.
One of the owner was there. She was very friendly, smilling and gave us a great service.
We wanted to try they sugar cane homemade lemonade. There was only the bottom of the tank left, so she gave it to us for free.
For me, just one cachitos would've been enough (though I was pleased I 'forced' myself to eat half the chocolate one because it was delicious).
After eating, we both felt full, though not stuffed.
We were happily surprised because I would've thought that the dough would've felt heavy, but not at all, it was very light.
They also have a nice coffee machine with which they make delicious lattés and espresso.

I will definitely go back since the spinach cachitos and I have some unfinished business to attend too.

• Visited November 2013