“Hits the spot.”

Ranked #250 of 5,881 Restaurants in Montreal
Cuisines: Venezuelan
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Quartier des Spectacles
Description: Cachitos is a small bakery in the heart of downtown montreal that brings you a taste of Venezuela and its incomparable Cachitos!DescriptionFrequently Asked Cachitos Questions : - Where does it come from?Cachitos are a traditional Venezuelan pastry, usually considered to be a breakfast food although many enjoy them throughout the day.-What are the traditional fillings?The traditional filling for the Cachito is ham, but in modern Venezuela it is common to find cheese Cachitos as well. We at Cachito Bakery, created a much wider assortment of flavours, so everyone is sure to find a personal favourite. -What does Cachitos mean?Cachitos comes from the Spanish word “Cacho” meaning “Horn”. The “-ito” at the ends marks it as a diminutive form, a form usually used for small things or as a term of endearment.-How are they made?The Cachito dough used in Cachitos Bakery is the result of extensive tests and trials, refined to a perfectly calibrated recipe meant to go well with our large variety of fillings. The rolling process has also been streamlined to be able to quickly produce as many Cachitos as anyone could want. -What are Golfeados?Golfeados are a traditional Venezuelan dessert, similar in looks to the Cinnamon roll but spiced with Aniseed, Cheese and Cane Sugar. -What does Golfeado mean?Golfeado is nothing more the name of the pastry, although the word Golfeado calls to mind the puffy quality of the pastry.
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Came here for lunch on a Sunday and had cachitos for the first time... they're awesome! Taste very fresh and not greasy. The owner is very nice and cares about his customers.

Only complaint is that they didn't have most of the varieties available for purchase.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Living away from family and friends is not an easy task. Even less it is trying to find the typical food from your home country when you are abroad. Thanks to my friends from Cachitos I can enjoy many of my favorites Venezuelan treats every time I want. Although the traditional Venezuelan cachito is the one filled with ham, I usually go for the beef or the cheese ones. Do not forget to finish your meal with a caffechito and (why not?) a delicious golfeado. Even more, if you are in the mood of learning about Latin American music, visit Cachitos any Saturday afternoon. They will be pleased to play a variety of songs for you (even the happy birthday!).

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

A short walk away from st-Laurent on st-Catherine, Cachitos offers top quality treats all baked fresh daily. I have been here many times and tried almost all the flavor of cachito, pepperoni pizza as well as guava and cheese are my favourites! The sweets are also fantastic! Tartelette de lime is second only to the creamy smooth quesillo - creme caramel in my book. The staff is as friendly and welcoming as family and Just as eager to strike up conversation, so go ahead and ask them about: What the cachito venue used to look like, or who plays What instrument( or maybe you'll be lucky to hear them play for you... There is a harp!), or What special clients They have served! Always a pleasure! Ps ferrer-o-frappe=yum!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am Venezuelan and I have to sayThe cachitos are amazing, all the varieties we tried (beef, ham, ham & cheese and Egg & Bacon) were all delicious. My favorite was the meat (recommended by the lady who helped us) and the traditional ham for those of you missing the taste of Venezuelan Cachitos this is the place to go! We visited Montreal from Ottawa for a weekend and went twice!! even brought some back home. While you are there try a Golfeado, their smaller version is great for those who have never tried it and tastes amazing.We also had the citonade with sugar cane... YUM!!! For those who are not Venezuelan I recomment you rty anywys, they have great breakfat and lunch combos. Next time we visit Montreal we are going there for sure...at least twice!

Reviewed April 16, 2012

I am bolivian (not venezuelan) and I loved the cachitos!
My Swiss wife, who has extreme delicate taste (fondue, raclette, rosti and swiss chocolate between others) was fascinated by the cachitos. I couldn't believe it!
You want more? yesterday afternoon, I found inside the cachitos restaurant the cancellers of Bolivia, Brasil and Argentina. I was wondering, if Simon Bolivar would knew about cachitos I am sure he had not to fight that much for getting latin america unified!
Who knows, maybe the Che would say "hace patria, comete un cachito!"