“Another excellent stay”

Ranked #12 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Calgary, Canada
“Another excellent stay”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stay in the hotel a few years ago and have just returned from a 5 day stay. The hotel is wonderful, big spacious rooms with great amenities, excellent complimentary breakfast, good workout facility, great staff and some of the best cleaning staff I have seen at a hotel. I emailed the Concierge before our trip to ask about transportation from the airport because we were not renting a car. They suggested a cab and said I could get a flat rate of $40 to the hotel, which we did. I am sure it saved us some money. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone wanting to stay close to Old Montreal.

1 Thank Karebare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Everything about this hotel worked: the location is convenient to everything in the city; the suite was spacious and very well kept and clean; breakfast buffet was very nice and a nice free convenience; the front desk staff was helpful and very friendly; the rooftop terrace was pleasant for afternoon sunshine and a glass of wine; the exercise facility had great equipment. The consierge team was extremely helpful and didn't disappoint us once with their recommendations, directions and advice!!! Our seven nights at this hotel was just perfect as was our visit to this fine city!

Room Tip: The suite offered a spacious kitchen for eating in.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 6 nights at this wonderful hotel. The staff was welcoming and professional, with a special complement to the concierge Antonae. He helped us enormously, from giving us advice how to get to the airport (the 747 express bus on the corner) to finding my husband a new pair of walking shoes. He is a jewel.

Centrally located to everything, we walked to McGill and up the mountain to Old Montreal and the waterfront. We were also very close to the metro, which took us everywhere else.

The room was enormous, inviting and very comfortable. 2 closets, one with in room safe, the other with iron and board. Large bathroom with huge counter and, (my favorite) a magnifying mirror. The fully stocked kitchen got used several times. We walked the ten minutes to the supermarket, and cooked dinner. Nice to have that option. Breakfast was just right, no hot foods, but plenty of options and a great selection of whole fresh fruit.

The hotel also has a very well-equipped gym and indoor pool on the top level, with a gorgeous rooftop deck. The real piece de resistance was using that deck while my laundry was going in the coin operated machines. A 6 night stay was made so much nicer having fresh clothes not washed in the bathroom sink.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nrlDetroit_Michigan
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed in one of the Family Suites over Labor Day weekend, which included a separate bedroom with a king bed, a studio alcove with a queen bed, a sofa bed in the living room and a full kitchen plus lots of closet and storage space. At over 1000 square feet it was bigger than my wife and I's first apartment and was plenty big enough for a family with four kids under 10. The room itself was very comfortable with firm mattresses, a nice large bathroom and was very quiet. Plus the kids loved the pool on the roof top deck, which albeit is fairly small it was a nice break in the day and the view from the roof was great.

Besides the great, large room the hotel was situated in a fantastic location in the heart of downtown Montreal right by Phillips Square and the St. Catherine shopping district. It was a very easy walk to Vieux Montreal and the Old Port, which was less than 10 minutes away and was also an easy walk to the Chinatown too in case you want get something different to eat besides all the delicious French food and poutine around town. Plus McGill University and Rue Sherbrooke was also an easy walk too in another direction. And if you have a car Mount Royal, the Latin Quartier, the Biodome, Le Ronde amusement park, March Jean Talon, etc. were all basically a 15 minutes or less drive away and Montreal is a very easy city to drive in, especially compared to New York.

Finally I couldn't mention the hotel without commenting on the fantastic service we received at every level, from the front desk to the concierge to the bellboys and housekeeping staff, etc. Every time we called for our car it was politely delivered within 5 minutes with a smile.

The only semi-negative comment I would make is that the breakfast buffet wasn't that great. It was very simple with bagels, cereal, fruit and the dining room was crowded, but it's not bad and hard to complain when it's free... And with the suite it was easy to have an adult go get bagels and stuff for the room to eat in your own kitchen. Put it this way it certainly wasn't poor enough to detract from giving it a 5 star rating. And with all the great options like St. Viateur Bagels you'll want to have a couple of breakfasts outside the hotel anyway.

Room Tip: The Family Suite was more than worth it if you have a bunch of kids
1 Thank TravelustNYC
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here last week for 5 nights - great location, near nearly anything you need. Nice room with all the amenities, particularly with regards to the kitchen. I stayed over the front entrance (3rd floor) which faces a street but it was quiet considering how close to the traffic my room was. I'm pretty noise sensitive so this is always a concern but I was very happy with how little I really noticed it. Housekeeping kept everything looking nice - it was a pleasure to come back after a long day of walking to find the room spotless. Grocery store just a couple of blocks away, Metro close by, many eateries and shopping just down the street. It was ideally located and compared to other downtown hotels, well-priced. I would definitely recommend it and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Only stayed for one night with a group of girlfriends. We had a family suite which was perfect. Very clean, lots of room and well set up kitchen. Appreciated the breakfast in the morning. Hotel is 5 min walk from train station and in the heart of shopping area. Front desk was efficient, helpful and friendly. We're already planning to visit again in the spring.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mornington Peninsula, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed at Le Square Philips for 3 nights. We chose a suite & it was huge! We had a full kitchen & there is a guest laundry.
It is very clean, the room serviced daily. It is within walking distance to the city centre, train station & further afield the Old Montreal which is a must in itself.
I ticked "Spa" as there is a Guest Gym, Pool etc.
The breakfast was ok, very simple, tasteless coffee. I love strong coffee & have found it impossible to find a decent coffee not just at this hotel but Montreal in general.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple