“Le Place d' Armes Was Terrific” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites
Ranked #6 of 164 Hotels in Montreal
Kansas City, Missouri
“Le Place d' Armes Was Terrific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay. Beautiful room, warm staff in the heart of old Montreal. We loved the charm of the hotel, but everything had been beautifully renovated. The bathroom was incredible. We will be back.

2 Thank Hoot G
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Bonjour Hoot G,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your comments on your recent experience with us at Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and will be returning.

Nikolas Salouros

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (473)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

We recently had our engagement brunch at Suite 701, the lounge restaurant in the hotel, and it was beautiful! The venue is gorgeous, the food was delicious and the service was excellent!

If you're looking for a place to host an event, I highly recommend Hotel Place d'Armes and especially Suite 701.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kelly M
Bonjour Kelly M,

Thank you very much for your great review. I am very happy to read that your engagement brunch was a success and that both food and service was excellent. I will make sure to share your good words with all Suite 701 staff.

Congratulations on the engagement and from all of us at Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites, all the best!

Connecticut, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

I loved everything about this hotel, and this is the only hotel I would consider in Old Montreal. Great location a few steps away from Notre-Dame Basilicia, making it within walking distance to everything in Old Montreal. The hotel could be best described as "cozy modern." Lots of modern furniture and lines, combined with many features of the original architecture of Old Montreal (like exposed brick). The rooms are generously sized and almost all of the rooms contain king size beds (many other hotels in this category in Old Montreal only have queen size beds). The bathrooms were clean and very updated, and the furniture and linens all appeared to be new or very gently used. My room in building C had a fire place and exposed brick. There is a fantastic roof top terrace, perfect for drinks in the afternoon summer Canadian sun, and the hotel's restaurant was unexpectedly very impressive. Everything I ate was excellent (and my colleagues were similarly pleased). And on top of all that- the staff was absolutely amazing. Recommendations from the concierge were right on target, the front desk staff was warm, welcoming, and unbelievably accommodating, the event staff was flexible, responsive, and patient, and the restaurant staff was fun, professional, and very capable of handling extremely large and challenging groups of people. Like I said- this place is really the best in Old Montreal.

(As a side note, I saw other properties during the visit to plan an another event in Old Montreal, and it was a no-brainer- we are booking the Place d'Armes again.)

Room Tip: I suggest requesting a room in building C (for the exposed brick) and a high floor (the street life...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank BrunswickBabe
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Bonjour BrunswickBabe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites with fellow travellers it is truly appreciated.

I am delighted to read that you loved everything about our hotel and that we are the only hotel you would consider in old Montreal. I will make sure to pass on your great comments to all the staff.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Thanks to Trip Advisor for helping us find this hotel. Located directly across from Notre-Dame Basilica, it allowed us to be in walking distance to Old Montreal and Old Port, and 5 minutes walk to the Metro. Ten minute walk into Montreal landed us in the middle of the Jazz Festival! Staff at the hotel could not have been more courteous and helpful! They valet parked our car and did not need it for three days! Handed us water bottles after a hot day of walking...provided umbrellas the next day due to inclement weather.
The Rainspa was a special treat for a Hamman massage and body scrub. The whole treatment took place in a private steamroom. It was the best spa treatments I've had!
Would highly recommend this hotel and would stay again.

1 Thank Dina L
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Bonjour Dina L,

Thank you for your great review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed our prime location and that you were able to partake in some of the great activities Montréal has to offer.

I will make sure to pass on your great words to all my team as well as the Rain Spa team who, I’m sure, will be delighted to hear it was the best treatment you have had.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I planned to propose to my girlfriend on a trip to Montreal and the concierge named "Magil" made my decision very easy. I emailed 5 very nice hotels in the area and she responded to my request so quickly, that she made my choice very easy. I talked to her on the phone shortly after and she let me know that the hotel would do anything I wanted to do for the proposal.

Well, despite a bumpy start on my part lol, the proposal couldn't have been better. Thanks to Magil, it was the happiest night of my life. Everything went perfect and the room looked amazing. Magil really went above and beyond her job description to help me out that evening.

Thank you so much for making that night so amazing for us both Magil. Really, it couldn't have been better.

All the best,

Cody and Meli

Room Tip: It was raining very heavily, the balcony suite was still quite nice.
Bonjour aztecs15,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience at Le Place d’Armes Hôtel & Suites.

I am delighted to read that Magil was able to assist you with planning your proposal and that she went over and beyond to help you out. I will make sure to share your great comments with the entire team.

From all of us at Place d’Armes, congratulations!

Warmest regards,
The Woodlands, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We just returned from a 5 night stay at the Le Place d'Armes in Montreal. I must say it is one of the top hotels we have stayed in, both domestic and international. My husband and I have traveled to many countries and stayed in numerous 5 star hotels. This place was one of our very favorite. The staff is incredible and the room was beautiful. Very quaint hotel, with huge rooms. We stayed in a Junior Suite, room 3506, which is in building 3 on the 5th floor. It was quiet and very large. Our housecleaner, Chantal, did a wonderful job! Every day the room was cleaned by early afternoon, and fresh towels again in the evening at turn down. Every staff member was so nice and friendly, we truly hated to leave. One afternoon I was relaxing in one of the lobby areas when a really nice man asked if I would like a coffee or tea. I said I would like a coffee and asked where I could get one. He said "Oh no, I will bring it to you". I found out later it was Nikolas, the manager! I was surprised to say the least. I also have to thank Magil, the concierge, who was one of the best concierges I have dealt with. Extremely knowledgeable, professional, and very personable. Every staff member from the valet doormen to the front desk were always pleasant and greeted us with a smile. The only bad service was in Restaurant 701 at breakfast. We ate there most mornings and always had to go up to the counter and ask for coffee, water, salt/pepper, napkins, etc. Good food, but very poor service. Actually, nonexistent service. Forget coffee refills!

The rooftop Terrace Bar is very nice with a gorgeous view. The drinks are wonderful, but pricey ($15 mixed drinks and $10 beers). Packed with people, but if you are lucky enough to get a table, it is an incredible view overlooking the square at the Notre Dame Cathedral. This hotel is one of the very best locations in the city and I would highly recommend it. If we are ever back in Montreal, this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: I requested a room on a higher floor away from the elevator. We were in building 3, on the 5th floo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank texastravelers09
Nikolas S, Front Office Manager at Le Place d'Armes Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Bonjour texastravelers09,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience at Le Place d’Armes Hotel & Suites with fellow travellers.

I am delighted to read that we made it as one of your top favorite hotels. I will make sure to pass on these kind words to Chantal, Magil and the rest of the team.

I would, however, like to apologize for the experience at breakfast. I will review your comments with the Suite 701 managers which I am positive will address the issue to ensure a constant level of service throughout all of our outlets.

Do feel free to contact me next time you are planning a Montréal visit and I will gladly assist with accommodations.

Warmest regards,
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I had a fantastic experience. We stayed in the junior suite and the room was fantastic. There was ample space with fireplace and a large bathroom with rain shower and jetted tub. The staff was very helpful. The location was superb, across from Notre Dame. It was a great spot for a conference at the Palais de Congres yet still in the "Old Montreal". The bar is fantastic and seems to have a lot going on. It's also very convenient to the Metro. We were able to get the room with a 50% the third night rate and it was a great value - much cheaper than the big name hotels. Would highly recommend and would stay here again.

1 Thank gtdoc
Bonjour gtdoc,

Thank you for your very kind words. I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a wonderful experience with us and that you would stay with us again.

While planning your next visit to Montréal, do feel free to contact me directly and I will gladly assist.